Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2012, 04:16 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,974,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
babies? most abortions are at 8 weeks or thereabouts, no babies. there is NO free for all aborting babies in the 7th, 8th or 9th months

regrets? we all live with regret, it is part of life.

a fetus has no rights.
A lot of women who have had kids have regretted it, too.
There are web sites dedicated to that issue.

A lot of women will have regrets no matter what decision they make. It's just their nature/dysfunction to look back and say, 'If only . . .'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2012, 04:18 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
I was just wondering if there were people stupid enough to believe that violence against women would end if abortion was illegal....there just couldn't be, could there!?
I guess there are ......

Old 05-26-2012, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
A lot of women who have had kids have regretted it, too.
There are web sites dedicated to that issue.

A lot of women will have regrets no matter what decision they make. It's just their nature/dysfunction to look back and say, 'If only . . .'
Yes, HUMANS (female and MALE) have regrets....and it's NOT dysfunctional....only if they dwell on it and let it affect their lives.

Old 05-26-2012, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
That is a leftist crackpot lie doesn't happen.
What are you referring to?
The thread was started about a woman fired for her pregnancy.

Old 05-26-2012, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
A violent crime to get rid of the baby. Don't abort, then kill her. it does happen and people don't even want to acknowledge it.

Is having things your way being ignorant and uninformed when violence happens to women?
I know from experience that you will not/cannot answer direct questions but

Why do think making abortions illegal will stop violence against women?

Do you think there was no violence against women when abortion was illegal?

your lack of answer will tell all....will show that your hysteria has no basis.

Old 05-26-2012, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin Rick View Post
Your fate is death which is the wages of your sins. But if you are evil, you will spend eternity in Hell which you most defintely do not want to do.
Yes, and it's a sin to force women to undergo the tortures of pregnancy when they don't want to.

Old 05-26-2012, 05:41 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,460,466 times
[quote=oberon_1;24475774]Just a few observations:
1) Conservatives (and some republicans) always stress the principal of personal choice and non involvement of the government in private lives. Only when it comes to abortions and same sex marriage, they have a different agenda (which is really weird...).
2) What this employer or another may think about pregnant employees, should not be a consideration in a couple's decision to have children. Starting a family goes beyond this or that company's profits. (That company or employer may be out of business next day). Those who recommend not having kids because what employers like or dislike should seek professional help.
3) Pregnancies and abortions are first a consideration for the couple involved and the pregnant woman. However, in cases like that man with 30 kids, who probably doesn't know all of them, they should be convinced to stop and the women to have abortions. These situations are terrible for the mothers and in particular their children.

Old 05-26-2012, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
A violent crime to get rid of the baby. Don't abort, then kill her. it does happen and people don't even want to acknowledge it.

Is having things your way being ignorant and uninformed when violence happens to women?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
I know from experience that you will not/cannot answer direct questions but

Why do think making abortions illegal will stop violence against women?

Do you think there was no violence against women when abortion was illegal?

your lack of answer will tell all....will show that your hysteria has no basis.
It's telling all.

Gee, all that time you spent posting claptrap ...and now you don't seem to have time to answer simple questions.....

Old 05-26-2012, 06:59 PM

30,896 posts, read 36,965,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin Rick View Post
Unless you are rich and do not need a job or poor and do not want a job, don't try to have kids. More and more employers are sending women home for being pregnant. Abortion should be the right option for working people.
Women Claim Secret Recording Shows They Were Fired For Being Pregnant - ABC News
Personally, I find it disgraceful that in 50% of abortions, neither the women or her partner were using any form of birth control. And this is according to the Alan Guttmacher Institute, a pro-choice organization.

I think abortion should be safe, legal, and RARE. I get really made that the pro-choice crowd blames the fact that it's not rare on conservatives (sounds like a BS excuse) or shrugs it off like abortion is just another form of contraception.

Old 05-26-2012, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
Personally, I find it disgraceful that in 50% of abortions, neither the women or her partner were using any form of birth control. And this is according to the Alan Guttmacher Institute, a pro-choice organization.

I think abortion should be safe, legal, and RARE. I get really made that the pro-choice crowd blames the fact that it's not rare on conservatives (sounds like a BS excuse) or shrugs it off like abortion is just another form of contraception.
I don't blame that it's not rare on Conservatives unless they're the No Birth Control Whatsoever Idiot Conservatives.

I've never known anyone to shrug off abortion.

It IS a form of BC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies