Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2012, 05:11 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,209,414 times

Advertisements

Part of the high cost of child support is that workers are supporting a huge cast of characters - hidden in overhead expenses and taxes.
Consider that the combined tax load of federal, state and local governments take roughly 44% of the GDP.
That leaves the worker with 56%.
It's no surprise that families with only one worker could support themselves and their children in 1900s, but not in 2010s.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2012, 05:23 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Yes, they believe in human rights.
Wrong answer. Try again.

Old 05-24-2012, 05:25 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Wrong answer. Try again.
No, it was the right answer.
It was your assumption that was wrong.

Old 05-24-2012, 05:26 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
No, it was the right answer.
It was your assumption that was wrong.
I'm confident that i'm right. The issue is that not a single one would actually admit it.

Old 05-24-2012, 05:27 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Quote:
I'm confident that i'm right. The issue is that not a single one would actually admit it.
I wouldnt be ashamed to admit it.
But, its not true in my case.
Thats how I know you are wrong.

Old 05-24-2012, 05:29 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,707,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin Rick View Post
Unless you are rich and do not need a job or poor and do not want a job, don't try to have kids. More and more employers are sending women home for being pregnant. Abortion should be the right option for working people.
Women Claim Secret Recording Shows They Were Fired For Being Pregnant - ABC News

THIS IS TOTAL BS! IF this is happening then all they have to do is find a lawyer! Now, I'm sure that there are people out there who do this, but a threat of a lawsuit should fix the problem!

Old 05-24-2012, 05:32 PM

812 posts, read 595,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin Rick View Post
Unless you are rich and do not need a job or poor and do not want a job, don't try to have kids. More and more employers are sending women home for being pregnant. Abortion should be the right option for working people.
Women Claim Secret Recording Shows They Were Fired For Being Pregnant - ABC News
You betcha the only legal form of murder ever since the dawn of time. If you want to get away with murder try abortion and the good thing is a baby can't fight you back while say your sucking out his brain.

Old 05-24-2012, 05:33 PM

464 posts, read 479,449 times
Abortion should be and ALWAYS BE LEGAL! Don't like it? Go kick rocks.

Seems like some employers doesn't want pregnant women to take Maternity Leave, spend time and money training temporary workers etc.

Old 05-24-2012, 05:35 PM

770 posts, read 1,177,859 times
Quote:
This is an anonymous forum. I doubt anyone is afraid of being tracked down. I've never had an abortion, but I have no problem saying that if I were to get pregnant and I didn't want to be, I'd be on the phone with PP in a heartbeat.

Old 05-24-2012, 05:40 PM

1,565 posts, read 2,451,373 times
People get so fired up about this stuff. anyone that has a problem with abortion is simply unable to logically look at other peoples situations. These people and there backwards thinking are what's turning this planet into a giant steaming turd. If that's the way you think in this day in age then go live in the middle east.
You should be able to get an abortion at walmat if you want to IMO. What someone does to there own body is their own business. of course all the religious whack jobs out there that still think the earth was created with magic have trouble understanding anything outside there own insignificant and pointless lives That they base on a book of lies, contadictions and fairy tales written by other backwards people that where dead before we knew the earth was round.

go figure LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies