Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 09:53 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,727,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
Geno's was stupid because they never took into account tourists. Not all tourists speak English and one would think that Philly being a pretty good tourist area that they would capitalize on that but instead they chose not too. It's their choice.

Same with this Pizza place. If they want to give away pizza to people who order in Spanish then so be it. You can either a) learn Spanish to get a free pie b) not go or c) pay for your pizza. If one of the previous three are too difficult for you to handle then getting free pizza is the least of your worries.
Geno's may have been stupid from a business stand point but don't you agree that the lawsuit was way out of bounds?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2012, 09:53 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,178,892 times
Actually you are probably going to get better service and a more accurate order if you order in Spanish at most fast food establishments in Texas.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:56 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,674,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Your post gives away your attitude.

I have about 20 dollars in pesos left over from a trip to Cabo, am I undermining American society in any way?
How would the owner know what you have?
I don't
I forgot its close to the Mexican border.

Quote:
Its exactly the same as a free ladies night. Marketing 101
Speaking by choice is different from being born a lady.

Quote:
So they took pesos how did that harm you or this country in anyway?
What message are they sending?

Old 05-23-2012, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
I don't

Your being purposefully obtuse now about the marketing strategy because your argument has been disavowed, not that is was much of one to begin with at the start.

They arn't trying to send any message they are trying to make money. They didn't let the illegals who speak only Spanish only in the front and back doors but damn it if they have money to spend why not get them to spend it here instead of wiring it back to Mexico?

Am I missing where they broke a law?

Old 05-23-2012, 10:08 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,700,146 times
Quote:
I don't

If anything, ladies' night is worse. One can always learn Spanish or at least enough to order a pie, but it's rather difficult to become a lady.

Old 05-23-2012, 10:13 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,686,936 times
Quote:
More business would attract English speakers.
...who would then be put off if they were the only ones "paying" for their food.

Old 05-23-2012, 10:15 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,686,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
If anything, ladies' night is worse. One can always learn Spanish or at least enough to order a pie, but it's rather difficult to become a lady.
Yes, but the customers are not flocking to free Mexican pizza day, because they want to hit on Mexicans for a date.

Lady's night gets the lady's free or reduced drinks, and the men get a bunch of ladies to hit on, it's a win-win.

Old 05-23-2012, 10:18 AM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,921,918 times
The delicious irony of nativists whining that people are not speaking English while ordering a food item imported to the United States from Italy.

Old 05-23-2012, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Yes, but the customers are not flocking to free Mexican pizza day, because they want to hit on Mexicans for a date.

Lady's night gets the lady's free or reduced drinks, and the men get a bunch of ladies to hit on, it's a win-win.

Exactly what every business owner who is worth their salt is looking for when marketing.

Also these type of promotions get tons of free play. Smart people that own that pizzeria.

Last edited by Bulldogdad; 05-23-2012 at 10:28 AM..

Old 05-23-2012, 10:26 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,885,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
If you have an issue with such lefties, why do you behave with that mentality?

Actually, free pizza would be more of an excuse to get their pretty good chicken wings.
Been awhile but the pizza was greasy although it tasted okay. I have not had the wings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies