Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2012, 02:59 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,845,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I think it unethical for businesses to cater to lawbreakers for a buck. Sorry, you don't agree.
Hitler might agree, Adam Smith certainly won't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2012, 02:59 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,051,460 times
Quote:
But the anchors are here directly due to illegal immigration by their parents and that is unnatural growth.
Either way, the discussion is moot unless it can be proven that most of the demographic that this Dallas pizza chain is trying to drawn in is here due to illegal means.

Quote:
Besides as I said most Hispanic-Americans know to speak English so why would they need to order pizza in Spanish?
It's a draw. It's something that turns heads and gets someone to remember the restaurant. Good or bad, either way, a sound strategy.

Quote:
I think it unethical for businesses to cater to lawbreakers for a buck. Sorry, you don't agree.
I think as long as it makes revenue, unethical is irrelevant. The only thing business should be concerned with is following the law.

Old 05-23-2012, 03:00 PM

1,332 posts, read 996,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
So I guess the OP is against American businesses doing promotions that give them more business. How republican of you.
Actually it is the pizza place that is stepping over the line. I am guessing that the reason they are in business is because mostly of ENGLISH speaking customers.....Now they want to p*ss on them and issue free pizza to mexicans.

OK...so let them depend on the mexicans for their survival. Simple.

How 'partisan' of you to make this a political thing.

102,235 posts, read 108,076,189 times
Quote:
But the anchors are here directly due to illegal immigration by their parents and that is unnatural growth. Besides as I said most Hispanic-Americans know to speak English so why would they need to order pizza in Spanish?
How about for fun? I enjoy every opportunity to speak a foreign language.
And btw, many of those illegals are paying into YOUR Social Security system.

14,306 posts, read 13,329,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
And it would kill you to learn Spanish? How hard is it to learn? Can't handle the challenge? Learning a foreign language stimulates and enriches the mind. It also helps stave off Alzheimer's, doctors say, for the geezerly set among us. What foreign language did you learn in highschool? What about college? You did go to college, didn't you?
Why the hell should we? Maybe I would rather learn Mandarin. If you don't use a language you lose so it is a waste of time. The reason that Spanish is being pushed in this country is because of the number of illegal alien Spanish speakers and Hispanic-Americans who prefer everything in Spanish for them even though they know English. I'll be damned if I will accomodate either group. Assimilate to our language out in mainstream or get the hell out!

Old 05-23-2012, 03:01 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,213,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
I ordered in Spanish at Chipotle once and I think it got me some extra guac and cheese
Exactly.

People don't understand how that works. ANYONE can learn a few words of other languages and use them for perks.

Personally, I don't remember the last time I stood in a long line at a Cambodian-owned donut shop. Life is a difficult as you make it. You can get all huffy and turn it into a discussion of illegals (silly, IMHO) or you can learn to hablo the language un poquito and get a free pizza.

In my world, free pizza wins.

Old 05-23-2012, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Hitler might agree, Adam Smith certainly won't.

love the way you lefties invoke the name of hitler at the drop of a hat. Really...so pathetic and ignorant.... Carry on.

Old 05-23-2012, 03:02 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,253,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
The only thing the restaurant wants to promote is Spanish.
What is your opinion of Lidia's Italy: Home

She is constantly all about Italy. Nothing against Italy.

Lidia Bastianich is one of the most-loved chefs on television, a best-selling cookbook author, and restaurateur. She has held true to her Italian roots and culture, which she proudly and warmly invites her fans to experience.

Old 05-23-2012, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
How about for fun? I enjoy every opportunity to speak a foreign language.
And btw, many of those illegals are paying into YOUR Social Security system.
Wow...are YOU misguided.

Old 05-23-2012, 03:03 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,051,460 times
Quote:
Assimilate to our language out in mainstream or get the hell out!
Or just accept the fact that in this country, Spanish is our second language.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies