Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 05:40 PM

2,301 posts, read 2,033,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Here is a list of reasons why Jeremiah Wright still matters as a campaign issue. Of course, the attempted bribe seems to be off base but so many other things between Wright and Obama seem to be anything but off the table. If Romney turns out to be like McCain and fears being called racist for talking about Wright and Obama in the same breath Obama has a good chance to win.

Why Jeremiah Wright Matters -- Still - Larry Elder - Townhall Conservative Columnists
I'm an extremely rare bird on these broads; I am a true independent. Every issue, every candidate, I scrutinize with an opened mind. I have absolutely no allegiance.

Jeremiah Wright did matter four years ago. He was one factor that nearly made me vote for McCain. Unfortunately, McCain's running mate was Sarah Palin. I know how much Sarah is adored by a lot of conservatives, but remember, I'm an independent, and as far as my vote goes (or went) she did more damage to McCain than Wright did damage to Obama.

I digress. Wright is old news. It's not that he doesn't matter at all now, it's that he matters less now than he did four years ago. He is four years in the rearview mirror. He and his story have gotten dusty.

If the election were this evening, Obama would get my vote. I say that because the economy has recovered slightly under Obama and he hasn't started a silly war [yet]. But I'm going to listen to Mitt and hear what he has to say. He could quite possibly pull my vote. But if I do vote for Mitt, it likely won't be because of Jeremiah Wright.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2012, 05:42 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,918,958 times
Romney is not stupid enough to pick a fight about Obama's pastor. That would make his own religious beliefs fair game and he would have to spend a lot of time and money defending Mormon doctrine and the shady and/or illegal actions of past leaders of the Mormon church.

If Romney attacks Obama via Rev. Wright, he knows that he will have to spend time discussing Joseph Smith's pedophilia, polygamy both past and present (FLDS), Moroni, gold tablets buried in New York, magic translating stones, magic underwear, planet Kolob, misogynistic LDS policies, god's curse on all black people, etc.

Old 05-24-2012, 05:43 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,845,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Is Black Revolution Theology nearer Christian than Mormon is? Maybe you need to explain what BLT is for me and the others of your group here.

I love it when you people bring up Romney's religion when you hear the name Wright. It is Obama and Wright being that buddy - buddy for over 20 years that must mean something.
Black Liberation Theology is a form of Christianity that focuses on both what Jesus Christ proclaimed was his mission and what Jesus Christ proclaimed was the responsibility of those who want to be blessed by God.

Luke 4 18-19

18 “The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me,
Because He has anointed Me
To preach the gospel to the poor;
He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted,
To proclaim liberty to the captives
And recovery of sight to the blind,
To set at liberty those who are oppressed;
19 To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord.”

Matthew 25 44-45

44 “Then they also will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?’ 45 Then He will answer them, saying, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’

But perhaps you don't care about the least of these, the poor, the sick or those who are oppressed or are in prison. You will have to decide that for yourself.

Old 05-24-2012, 05:44 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,194,417 times
Jeremiah Wright only matters to scum like Sean Hannity and his ilk, even Hannity is backing
away from this Wright nonsense to save what credibility he has left if any.

Old 05-24-2012, 05:44 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalileoSmith View Post
I'm an extremely rare bird on these broads; I am a true independent. Every issue, every candidate, I scrutinize with an opened mind. I have absolutely no allegiance.

Jeremiah Wright did matter four years ago. He was one factor that nearly made me vote for McCain. Unfortunately, McCain's running mate was Sarah Palin. I know how much Sarah is adored by a lot of conservatives, but remember, I'm an independent, and as far as my vote goes (or went) she did more damage to McCain than Wright did damage to Obama.

I digress. Wright is old news. It's not that he doesn't matter at all now, it's that he matters less now than he did four years ago. He is four years in the rearview mirror. He and his story have gotten dusty.

If the election were this evening, Obama would get my vote. I say that because the economy has recovered slightly under Obama and he hasn't started a silly war [yet]. But I'm going to listen to Mitt and hear what he has to say. He could quite possibly pull my vote. But if I do vote for Mitt, it likely won't be because of Jeremiah Wright.
Obama sat there to the poison of Wright and created what Obama is today. Obama is no different that four years ago.

Old 05-24-2012, 05:45 PM

226 posts, read 213,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Jeremiah Wright only matters to scum like Sean Hannity and his ilk, even Hannity is backing
away from this Wright nonsense to save what credibility he has left if any.
And only absolute, pure scum would care about Romney's religion.

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Obama is no different that four years ago.
No he's not. And he won then too.

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Black Liberation Theology is a form of Christianity that focuses on both what Jesus Christ proclaimed was his mission and what Jesus Christ proclaimed was the responsibility of those who want to be blessed by God.

Luke 4 18-19

18 “The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me,
Because He has anointed Me
To preach the gospel to the poor;
He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted,
To proclaim liberty to the captives
And recovery of sight to the blind,
To set at liberty those who are oppressed;
19 To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord.”

Matthew 25 44-45

44 “Then they also will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?’ 45 Then He will answer them, saying, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’

But perhaps you don't care about the least of these, the poor, the sick or those who are oppressed or are in prison. You will have to decide that for yourself.
Reverend Wright preaches hate and you know it. Reverend Wright preaches resentment to his congregation that whites are the oppressors . Is that love he spreads. NO!!

Old 05-24-2012, 05:46 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,194,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirate05 View Post
And only absolute, pure scum would care about Romney's religion.
Well that leaves me out, I couldn't give a rat's arse about that either.

Old 05-24-2012, 05:47 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,505,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
If a white pastor had pulled the same crap Wright pulled, he would be in prison for 'hate' crime.

Of course Wright matters. Obammy sat in the pews and slurped up the racist garbage Wright spewed for years and years. It is part of what makes him what he is today: A white-hating racist!
Romney himself was an elder in a chruch that considered black skin to be a curse (not to mention the magic underwear, planet Kolob and Native American Jews all made up by 14 yo con-artist). Mittens wants no part of anything religious in this campaign.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies