Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2012, 04:48 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,952,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Homogenizer View Post
I'm with you; that's why I stopped holding doors, respecting my elders, etc. I had it; those were too many years trying to be nice just to discover that I'm always on the losing end. Granted: I don't feel like much of a man, but I fit in. And that feels a lot nicer than being frustrated by rude people.

Trying to be good when everyone around you is wicked is an invitation for trouble.
I think you may be on to something. All this time worrying about everyone else. WHy cover my mouth when I have to sneeze. I mean you get spit all over your hands. WHat makes the people around me think they are so special. If they don't want to be exposed to germs, they should have stayed at home. Thanks homogenizer for enlightening me. I feel a big weight lifted off of my shoulders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2012, 04:50 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
It is not so much as the check out the checkout line. It is the waiting until the groceries are bagged and in the cart before they start digging for their checkbook.
I"ve never seen anyone do this. People start writing their checks as soon as the cashier starts tallying. They're done by the time the tally is done.

Old 05-25-2012, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I"ve never seen anyone do this. People start writing their checks as soon as the cashier starts tallying. They're done by the time the tally is done.
If that were the case, who would care? The ones that irritate me or the ones who wait until there is a tally and then start writing. They make the note in their ledger and then they write the check. Who would really care if they were ready to go?

Old 05-25-2012, 04:59 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,823,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I think you may be on to something. All this time worrying about everyone else. WHy cover my mouth when I have to sneeze. I mean you get spit all over your hands. WHat makes the people around me think they are so special. If they don't want to be exposed to germs, they should have stayed at home. Thanks homogenizer for enlightening me. I feel a big weight lifted off of my shoulders.
I think you might catch an assault case for sneezing on someone.

I also think that it's a question of money. If you want to work for higher quality people, then you should have good etiquette, but if you're not getting paid, why bother?

I've given up. I'm committed to on-line shopping, and going out during odd hours. The only peeve I have left is the coffee shop girl handling the rim of my cup with her money tainted hand, but what's a little poop residue? I really like their coffee. There's no social obligation against putting poop residue on my cup, right?

Quote:
I haven't seen anyone do that in twenty years.

Quote:
If that were the case, who would care? The ones that irritate me or the ones who wait until there is a tally and then start writing. They make the note in their ledger and then they write the check. Who would really care if they were ready to go?
I would. The stupid thing still processes the same as a debit. There's no practical reason for writing checks.

Old 05-25-2012, 05:09 PM

69 posts, read 67,736 times
Quote:

The only peeve I have left is the coffee shop girl handling the rim of my cup with her money tainted hand....

There's no practical reason for writing checks.
Give it a year.....then you'll be saying there is no practical reason for using cash....or pennies....or .....

As long as the banks offer checking accounts, there is a practical reason to use checks.

Should the banks just offer "Debit Accounts"?

Old 05-25-2012, 05:11 PM

Quote:
No sneezing is an involuntary action, so no assault charge. There is no law that requires you put your hand over your mouth it is just the right thing to do, but I think you are right. Why care about anyone at all. I can't wait to go to the movies now. I am going to let some fart bombs off and clear the theater. Rudeness seems to be the new norm.

Old 05-25-2012, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
So now at the supermarket the door is supposed to be held open for you? Why is that so you can stand there? Maybe a guy who's pet peeve is folks who stand there when you hold the door open was the guy who decided not to do it so he wouldn't get pissed?? Have some sympathy for others they are just trying to not get mad at the grocery store. Maybe if all you folks who seem to have so much trouble at the store would just grow your own food you'd lead a much happier life? lol
Why would people actually have to make an effort not to get mad at the grocery store? I thought grocery shopping was a pleasurable activity. What is happening to people??

Kroger is grocery hell. I'm sorry you don't have better options, Monterey. However, I'll confess to lightly bumping people, because they're obstructing the aisle. If you're going to stop and make selections, please move your cart out of the way. Bear in mind other people need to get by. I try to be polite and gentle about it, but really; in a crowded store someone absent-mindedly obstructs an entire aisle? This may not be you, I'm just saying... we all need to be thoughtful of others and be aware of our surroundings.

Who needs to hold the market door open? They're all automatic doors these days.

Some of these rants are making me laugh. Is grocery shopping really so stressful? Why is everyone so uptight? Is this some form of mass communal depression, that people are irritated so easily?

Old 05-25-2012, 05:17 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,823,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Zymers View Post
Give it a year.....then you'll be saying there is no practical reason for using cash....or pennies....or .....

As long as the banks offer checking accounts, there is a practical reason to use checks.

Should the banks just offer "Debit Accounts"?
Cash is hard currency; checks are digitized. When you write a check, it gets digitized and is then in the same form as the debit transaction. The only difference is that people stand around like fossils while they're going through the empty check writing process.

But seriously, I'm a curmudgeon. I encourage you to write checks. I encourage you to double park. I encourage you to remove cold items from the cooler, and leave them in the bread aisle. Please, flatulate near the eggs.

Quote:
No sneezing is an involuntary action, so no assault charge. There is no law that requires you put your hand over your mouth it is just the right thing to do, but I think you are right. Why care about anyone at all. I can't wait to go to the movies now. I am going to let some fart bombs off and clear the theater. Rudeness seems to be the new norm.
I think you should apply that theater money to a big screen and blue ray system. You'll come to appreciate solitude.

Old 05-25-2012, 05:18 PM

Quote:
hahahahahahahaha! You're killing me, hotair! hee hee hee Is life really so miserable? haha Sorry. But maybe you should stay in bed all day! haha, this is the best laugh I've had all week. :' )
We're discussing regulating sneezes, now? I'm ROFL!

Old 05-25-2012, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Why would people actually have to make an effort not to get mad at the grocery store? I thought grocery shopping was a pleasurable activity. What is happening to people??

Kroger is grocery hell. I'm sorry you don't have better options, Monterey. However, I'll confess to lightly bumping people, because they're obstructing the aisle. If you're going to stop and make selections, please move your cart out of the way. Bear in mind other people need to get by. I try to be polite and gentle about it, but really; in a crowded store someone absent-mindedly obstructs an entire aisle? This may not be you, I'm just saying... we all need to be thoughtful of others and be aware of our surroundings.

Who needs to hold the market door open? They're all automatic doors these days.

Some of these rants are making me laugh. Is grocery shopping really so stressful? Why is everyone so uptight? Is this some form of mass communal depression, that people are irritated so easily?
Kroger...Kroger is three pegs above Walmart. We do not have a kroger here. I would kill for a Kroger and give my left leg for Publix.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies