Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2012, 05:58 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,568,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Where do you live? Come to the SW or the West Coast.

The difference between a check and a debit card is that with a check, you have to enter the amt and date of the purchase in the ckbook. So you're much more conscious of how much you're spending, and how much you have left, if you balance the book at the end of the day. With a card, you don't see anything. The debit card makes it too easy to spend the money without concern. I refuse to own a debit card.
Good for you. Yes, the debit card makes it way too easy. Letting go of cash is painful for me, and it disappears really fast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2012, 06:00 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,952,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OK, you've won me over, I do feel sorry for you. Sounds like you need to move. Come to Santa Fe, you need a change of scenery. Big time, haha!

Stick with Whole Foods. It's more expensive, but worth it. Totally different crowd, with only rare exceptions.

I see people sneeze without covering their mouths. In my corner of Reality, they turn to the side and sneeze, so they're not blowing stuff all over for other people to inhale. Especially the cashiers. If it's one person you DON"T want covering their mouths when they sneeze, it's the cashiers. Think about it. They handle your money.

I'm sorry life is so grotesque, hotair. Consider moving to civilization. How far are you from retirement?
A long way. I used to live in Colorado. I loved it. Moved here for my wife. The first day that I moved here I went to the movie store to rent a movie. I pulled up beside an old beater truck. I opened my door and almost stepped in mound of chicken bones. Next to me, sitting in the truck was a man so fat that he had a bucket of KFC resting on his stomach, so much so that the rim of the bucket was touching one of his many chins. He had eaten the whole bucket of chicken while sitting in the parking lot and was throwing the bones out the window onto the parking lot.

My wife was in the car with me. She saw it too. I turned and looked at her and she started laughing..."I don't care" she said, "We are still staying".

Old 05-25-2012, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Beebe View Post
People who use the HOV lane to pass (with one driver).

Drivers who pass stopped traffic on the right, then try to merge in at the last minute (cutting in front of cars).

Drivers holding cellphones to their ears.

People who take forever at the drive-thru. If you don't know the menu or know what you want, go inside. Or make a fast decision. It's not buying a house. Decide, already!

People who drive behind you when you are trying to back out. Seattle's drivers are famous for this. Too much caffeine.

People popping their zits (or their SO's zits) on the beach. Ick.

People who don't give a "thank you" wave if you let them in.

People who pull out their devices at the table in a restaurant or the dinner table.

People who don't wash their hands after going to the bathroom. These people need to wear a sign.

People that won't wait until the aisle ahead of them to get out before pressing forward to disembark an aircraft.

People who douse themselves in perfume, cologne or body spray.

People who won't take 30 seconds to return a shopping cart to the cart corral, leading to parking lot mayhem with loose carts everywhere.

Parents who let their kids run wild.

People who permanently wear their Bluetooth as if it's a new, vital organ.

People who e-mail back "You're welcome" to a "Thanks" e-mail.
And misspell You're as "Your"
People who e-mail the work "Thanks".
Just kidding on the last ones...sort of.
forgive me, what's a Bluetooth?

Old 05-25-2012, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
forgive me, what's a bluetooth?
roflao.

Old 05-25-2012, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Come on have you never seen people sneeze or cough and not cover there mouth? I live in mouth breathing, knuckle dragging central. You have no idea the stuff I see on a daily basis. I went to lunch today and saw a woman in her 80's at the gas station with a muscle shirt and no bra. I am never going to be able to burn that out of my brain. She got into a chrysler convertible with another 80 something year old woman who had an oxygen tank in the back seat with tubes in her nose with the top down. All I could think of is why the oxygen tank, just stick head out the window like a dog and get oxygen at 60 mph.

Where I live...you would not believe the stuff that goes on around here unless you actually saw it for yourself. These have to be the rudest, most uncouth people that I have ever seen.
give us a hint. Florida?

Old 05-25-2012, 06:05 PM

Quote:
give us a hint. Florida?
Why Florida?

Old 05-25-2012, 06:05 PM

1,661 posts, read 1,393,706 times
Quote:
forgive me, what's a Bluetooth?
A type of hands-free earpiece for receiving cell phone calls. Some people have them in their ear from the moment they wake up to the time they go to bed. Like the Borg.

Old 05-25-2012, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Beebe View Post
A type of hands-free earpiece for receiving cell phone calls. Some people have them in their ear from the moment they wake up to the time they go to bed. Like the Borg.
In Arkansas, it is what you get when your fake gold tooth turns.

Old 05-25-2012, 06:06 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
A long way. I used to live in Colorado. I loved it. Moved here for my wife. The first day that I moved here I went to the movie store to rent a movie. I pulled up beside an old beater truck. I opened my door and almost stepped in mound of chicken bones. Next to me, sitting in the truck was a man so fat that he had a bucket of KFC resting on his stomach, so much so that the rim of the bucket was touching one of his many chins. He had eaten the whole bucket of chicken while sitting in the parking lot and was throwing the bones out the window onto the parking lot.

My wife was in the car with me. She saw it too. I turned and looked at her and she started laughing..."I don't care" she said, "We are still staying".
Wow. Wife's cracking the whip. Tough situation, H-A. Thanx for another laugh, though. Yeah, I know--not funny from where you're sitting. Colorado is amazing, really so beautiful! I think at some point, maybe in a few more years, you're going to have to throw yourself at your wife's feet, begging for mercy. Maybe you two can move back to CO. Really, she owes you that, for making this sacrifice for however many years. Best wishes, HA.

(hee hee hee hee hee )

Old 05-25-2012, 06:08 PM

1,661 posts, read 1,393,706 times
Quote:
in arkansas, it is what you get when your fake gold tooth turns.
lol! :d
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies