Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 06:49 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Please give a reasonable answer. I just don't get it.
Obamacare and abortion. Obama is a very big promoter of abortion.

On many other issues Bush and Obama are too much alike, open borders and amnesty to all who disregard the laws of this country, big government spending, NAFTA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2012, 07:01 PM

812 posts, read 595,299 times
Bow wowing to the Saudi king
Using his office as a stage for hedonistic debauchery while the very people that elected him suffer the most
Changing wartime rules of engagement to a losing strategy that costs lives of our servicemen
Alliance with anarchists
Wasteful spending and allowing more debauchery of public funds by subordinates
Driving up energy prices with foolish notions about high speed rail, driving coal production out of business and investing in wasteful energy technology. What kind of pure rank fool tries to destroy the coal industry while simultaneously pouring tax dollars into coal driven cars
Apologizing for America on the international stage apologizing for a country that has poured national blood and treasure into almost every other country on the planet to improve said countries
Promoting job killing unions
Supporting public unions that are and eventually will bankrupt the country if unchecked
Creating the largest free ride public assistants country in the world instead of jobs for same

I don't have all night but I could damn well take all night!

Old 05-27-2012, 07:01 PM

1,077 posts, read 3,238,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
ObamaCare

Van Jones

Kevin Jennings

SSM

ObamaCare

Don't Ask; Don't Tell Repeal

Dan Savage

Cass Sustein

Bill Ayers

Apologize for America

ObamaCare

Solyndra

Stimulus Funds for "Shovel Ready Jobs"

Did I mention ObamaCare?
You forgot resurrecting the auto industry. Oh, that's something positive, of course you wouldn't mention that.

Old 05-27-2012, 08:01 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,813,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I was at an American Legion meeting when we were told what he said about the veterans who had been wounded in war should provide their own insurance since they were so patriotic and loved their country so much. He was mocking our wounded veterans. I heard this on national news too. Now he pretends to have so much respect for them since it might get him some votes. It will not get my vote because I will NEVER forget his doing such a slime ball thing.

That is just one example I know about for sure. There are others which caused me not to vote for him in the first place with the biggest of that being his abortion stance in Illinois.

Sometimes you realize that a persons sense of values are off base.
Sounds like you were fed a bunch of far right wing fodder. Unlike W and the GOP, Obama has shown immense respect and done much for veterans such as:

Addressing the large number of veterans returning home unable to find work, Obama signed the historic "Vow to hire heroes act" giving veterans a substantial leg up on finding employment.

Repealing "don't ask, don't tell", allowing everyone the dignity and respect to serve their country.

And most importantly, ended the horrific false war in Iraq which won't allow another troop to be sent home in a body bag, rather sent home to be with their families where they belong.

Old 05-27-2012, 08:11 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Obamacare and abortion. Obama is a very big promoter of abortion.

On many other issues Bush and Obama are too much alike, open borders and amnesty to all who disregard the laws of this country, big government spending, NAFTA.
Obama is a big promoter of women and women's choice but not abortion. He wants that left up to the individual. There is a big difference. And what republican president has tried to overturn Roe v Wade

Old 05-27-2012, 08:13 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everest209 View Post
You forgot resurrecting the auto industry. Oh, that's something positive, of course you wouldn't mention that.
That's priceless.

If you loaned someone a bunch of money and they hadn't paid you back, would you consider it a good thing?

The dead would be resurrected with bailouts like Uncle Suggah gives out.

Old 05-27-2012, 09:31 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
By the same token, the question could easily be reversed. Remember the blind, spitting rage that lefties had for W Bush? Why? Many of the things that Bush did could have easily been done by an Obama, such as 'No child,' or Medicare Part D, the Patriot Act. In fact Joe Biden even claimed that the Patriot Act was his brainchild. That's how little difference between the two admins.

That said, I would take a Bush admin over Obama any day. Just look at the Heller decision. The two justices nominated by W both voted to uphold the Second Amendment as being an individual right (Roberts, Alito) The liberal justices all voted no, and the two Obama appointees (Kagan & Sotomayor) would have almost certainly voted no. Obama himself was on record as supporting the DC gun ban that the ruling overturned.
Kind of strange coming from a man who said "They bring a knife and we'll bring a gun" Guess he only wants his people to own guns and not "The People."

Old 05-27-2012, 09:46 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Obama is a big promoter of women and women's choice but not abortion. He wants that left up to the individual. There is a big difference. And what republican president has tried to overturn Roe v Wade
really? considering that obama tried to push through a bill in illinois that would allow doctors to stop feeding an unwanted child under the age of 6 months? sorry that dog wont hunt. obama is huge supporter of abortion.

Old 05-27-2012, 09:47 PM

812 posts, read 595,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
You can stick your fingers in your ears and go "La la la" all you want, though it's clear you're doing so because you can't address the facts

That's all I'm hearing from the brainwashed far right with their fingers in their ears that can't understand facts and only obey the right wing fodder of "La la la! I hate Obama! La la la! stop telling me facts! La la la! only the GOP loves the troops!"

The fact is the democrats and Obama have been the ones on the side of the troops.

The truth hurts, doesn't it?
That is silliness beyond retort sonill just pass and let you go on yourlalalala way

Old 05-27-2012, 09:51 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
really? considering that obama tried to push through a bill in illinois that would allow doctors to stop feeding an unwanted child under the age of 6 months? sorry that dog wont hunt. obama is huge supporter of abortion.
Ok so where is the link to that story. And no one is a supporter of abortion. It's ignorant to think that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies