Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 11:00 AM

1,182 posts, read 1,140,390 times

Advertisements

Now they are coming back for round 2 of this fight. Obama got stomped in round 1. The Republicans extended ALL the Bush tax cuts and Obama got nada, nothing, zero, zilch in return. Now the Democrats and Obama are already backing away from the Republicans again. Obama once threatend a VETO if the tax cuts were extended for anybody over $250,000 a year. Now he backed off to a million a year. The Republicans have again made it clear they will accept nothing less than a full retreat. Obama should find some spine and use his veto stamp and let all the tax cuts die if the Republicans do that. I don't think he will because Obama is spineless and gutless but he should.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2012, 11:11 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,818,404 times
I agree, he made a big mistake caving to the GOP thugs to further the horrific Bush tax cuts to the rich, though I do have some faith in him. For example the last major stand off Obama put his foot down and fought back against the GOP that wanted to raise taxes on the middle class,....and won.

Old 05-27-2012, 11:16 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
I agree, he made a big mistake caving to the GOP thugs to further the horrific Bush tax cuts to the rich, though I do have some faith in him.
Yeah, tax cuts for the rich.. Why let facts stand in the way when you can just repeat talking points..
Quote:
For example the last major stand off Obama put his foot down and fought back against the GOP that wanted to raise taxes on the middle class,....and won.
What tax cuts did the GOP want to raise on the middle class?

Old 05-27-2012, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin Rick View Post
Now they are coming back for round 2 of this fight. Obama got stomped in round 1. The Republicans extended ALL the Bush tax cuts and Obama got nada, nothing, zero, zilch in return. Now the Democrats and Obama are already backing away from the Republicans again. Obama once threatend a VETO if the tax cuts were extended for anybody over $250,000 a year. Now he backed off to a million a year. The Republicans have again made it clear they will accept nothing less than a full retreat. Obama should find some spine and use his veto stamp and let all the tax cuts die if the Republicans do that. I don't think he will because Obama is spineless and gutless but he should.
Obama and the CBO said that if the tax cuts were allowed to expire, it would have been detrimental to the country and hampering a recovery.

Why do you hate america?

Old 05-27-2012, 11:21 AM

1,182 posts, read 1,140,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Obama and the CBO said that if the tax cuts were allowed to expire, it would have been detrimental to the country and hampering a recovery.

Why do you hate america?
It is going to be more detrimental in the long run if he extends them again. The country cannot afford them. If they are extended again, massive cuts to other programs including Social Security, Medicare and, yes, the military are going to be necessary in the future. And that will harm the country more.

Old 05-27-2012, 11:24 AM

18,665 posts, read 19,979,518 times
Quote:
Now they are coming back for round 2 of this fight. Obama got stomped in round 1. The Republicans extended ALL the Bush tax cuts and Obama got .
Last time: WH got Extended unemployment benefits in return.

12/31/12, the SS tax cut, ui, and Bush cuts end together. No matter who wins, a deal will be reached to avoid all 3 ending. There is no chance 1 or 2 of them will end in any way, shape, or form. Its simply a question of 0 or 3 continuing as they exist now.

Bush tax cut is $400 on the average f/t retail income, as it cut first $8k taxable from 15 to 10 percent.

Old 05-27-2012, 11:25 AM

7,515 posts, read 5,758,525 times
Quote:
I agree, he made a big mistake caving to the GOP thugs to further the horrific Bush tax cuts to the rich, though I do have some faith in him. For example the last major stand off Obama put his foot down and fought back against the GOP that wanted to raise taxes on the middle class,....and won.
I agree let them all expire...LOL

Problem is your taxes will go up, consumer spending will go down = bad for economy

Old 05-27-2012, 11:27 AM

Quote:
It is going to be more detrimental in the long run if he extends them again. The country cannot afford them. If they are extended again, massive cuts to other programs including Social Security, Medicare and, yes, the military are going to be necessary in the future. And that will harm the country more.
What exactly cant the country afford? To allow people to keep their money? To allow people to spend it? To allow the economy to recover? Do you understand that lower taxes equate to a better economy which often times results in MORE money being paid in taxes, not less?

Funding to Social Security has ABSOLUTLY POSITIVELY NOTHING to do with these tax cuts..

Old 05-27-2012, 11:27 AM

18,665 posts, read 19,979,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
I agree let them all expire...LOL
And SS tax cut, and unemployment after 26 weeks?

Old 05-27-2012, 11:29 AM

833 posts, read 1,714,987 times
Democrats are hypocrites !

They cry that the Bush tax cuts favored the rich,but refuse to demand the entire Bush tax cuts expire.

Why ?

Because low income voters don't want to lose their cuts Bush gave them.

I said from day 1.......................if the Bush tax cuts were so bad,let the entire Bush tax cuts expire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies