Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 08:19 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times

Advertisements

I've heard about not only blacks being racist towards whites and getting away with it, but also among Asians and maybe also Latinos. There's also a lot of Latino on Black racism. Also in comedy and stuff doesn't it seem more acceptable for a black man to also make fun of Asians, while the opposite isn't allowed? Like in the movie Rush Hour Chris Tucker makes a lot of Asian jokes (FWIW I wasn't offended, I laughed at them and I'm Asian). I'm not saying he shouldn't have, but I mean, if Jackie Chan cracked a lot of black jokes there'd be fewer people laughing (there's also the scene where he gets into a jam for saying 'what's up my nigg**.

Of course in real life it may not be the case, and of course I'm sure the majority of black people aren't racist but my exposure with them is quite limited. I am, however, a bit annoyed how aboriginal people here make a lot of kung fu or Jackie Chan references. Not really pissed off, just a bit tired of it.

It goes without saying I find hate any kind of racism and what blacks experienced WAS terrible. I just see this is a wider trend where if a group feels they were oppressed in the past (other races, women, homosexuals) then at least some degree of 'payback' is allowable. I see the same in women bashing men, for instance.

Old 05-29-2012, 08:24 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
I guess you couldn't post your personal experiences in the other threads with similar themes, you had to start yet another one.

Old 05-29-2012, 08:27 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
What in the hell are you talking about? Do YOU even know?

This constant babbling about black people is astounding. Do you stay up all night thinking about this stuff?

I mean...Rush Hour? Really? SMH...

You guys need to find a hobby.

Old 05-29-2012, 08:29 AM

1 posts, read 1,540 times
This clown is going back to Rush Hour. lmao.

Old 05-29-2012, 08:29 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
I hardly start race threads in the Politics forum. This is a separate question to all the others, no need to get in a tizz about it.

Old 05-29-2012, 08:30 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I've heard about not only blacks being racist towards whites and getting away with it, but also among Asians and maybe also Latinos. There's also a lot of Latino on Black racism. Also in comedy and stuff doesn't it seem more acceptable for a black man to also make fun of Asians, while the opposite isn't allowed? Like in the movie Rush Hour Chris Tucker makes a lot of Asian jokes (FWIW I wasn't offended, I laughed at them and I'm Asian). I'm not saying he shouldn't have, but I mean, if Jackie Chan cracked a lot of black jokes there'd be fewer people laughing (there's also the scene where he gets into a jam for saying 'what's up my nigg**.

Of course in real life it may not be the case, and of course I'm sure the majority of black people aren't racist but my exposure with them is quite limited. I am, however, a bit annoyed how aboriginal people here make a lot of kung fu or Jackie Chan references. Not really pissed off, just a bit tired of it.

It goes without saying I find hate any kind of racism and what blacks experienced WAS terrible. I just see this is a wider trend where if a group feels they were oppressed in the past (other races, women, homosexuals) then at least some degree of 'payback' is allowable. I see the same in women bashing men, for instance.
Oh goody, we have today's official "Why do Black people....?" thread

Old 05-29-2012, 08:38 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I hardly start race threads in the Politics forum. This is a separate question to all the others, no need to get in a tizz about it.
Thats great but you start a thread with no link to a respectable source. You admit you have limited experience with Blacks. So what is the point? There are about 5 or so threads that reference Blacks on the first page just post your anecdotal experiences in one of them.

I'm very critical of the African American community but at some point these threads become overkill yours is one of them. Hopefully it will be deleted soon.

Old 05-29-2012, 08:44 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Thats great but you start a thread with no link to a respectable source. You admit you have limited experience with Blacks. So what is the point? There are about 5 or so threads that reference Blacks on the first page just post your anecdotal experiences in one of them.

I'm very critical of the African American community but at some point these threads become overkill yours is one of them. Hopefully it will be deleted soon.
Yea....and you start 90% of them so you're one to talk. You're the last person that should be telling someone how their thread should be closed.

This dude.^^^

Old 05-29-2012, 08:45 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,112,677 times

Jeff Ross Roast of Emmitt Smith - YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwC1_g3dIug

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyK3wPDGGgA
[/thread]

Comedy gets a wide berth on racial humor. The same comics that make fun of white people in their skit, make fun of Black people 10x worse. Comparatively, I've heard some redneck humor, and that amount of sheer one-sided racism shocked me.

Old 05-29-2012, 08:46 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,829,224 times
Not really. I think sometimes black people in particular are stereotyped to be rude and therefore the ones that are may get away with it more than say, a white person. Other than that, there's been some attention already brought to "reverse racism".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies