Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 09:05 PM

4,100 posts, read 4,517,673 times

Advertisements

yahoo comment sections and even this board can be just as bad.

people are hateful cowards, in general.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2012, 09:12 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
I suppose we should all be glad people relieve their tensions on the internet.

Old 05-29-2012, 09:15 PM

11,267 posts, read 11,028,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNEwx_46 View Post
Even this board can be just as bad.
Haven't spent much time reading YouTube comments, have you?

I think CD is one of the cleanest forums I've ever seen. Sure, the Politics forum can get a little testy at times, but it's nothing compared to the toilet stall wall that the YouTube comment section represents.

I think most of the mods do a good job here. If I want to lower my IQ level a few points I just hop over to YouTube. I cuss every so often, but there is just something really ugly about the way people attack each other on YT. Sometimes I ask myself if they're really like that in real life. The way some of them talk, it wouldn't surprise me if they were.

Old 05-29-2012, 10:42 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,068,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Haven't spent much time reading YouTube comments, have you?

I think CD is one of the cleanest forums I've ever seen. Sure, the Politics forum can get a little testy at times, but it's nothing compared to the toilet stall wall that the YouTube comment section represents.

I think most of the mods do a good job here. If I want to lower my IQ level a few points I just hop over to YouTube. I cuss every so often, but there is just something really ugly about the way people attack each other on YT. Sometimes I ask myself if they're really like that in real life. The way some of them talk, it wouldn't surprise me if they were.
Agreed. CD is one of the best forums on the internet. Only criticism - which I'm guilty of - is a lot of kind of silly threads, but there's plenty of great discussion. It also gets a lot of traffic.

Old 05-30-2012, 10:30 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
That is also true, but it definitely is more than just that.
Yes, it's more than just that. The serious haters are all mentally unstable IMO and as such are unlikely to be able to maintain gainful employment.

However, don't underestimate the volume of trolling going on out there.

I mean, go watch Borat or The Dictator and saying outrageous things just hits some peoples funny bones.

Old 05-30-2012, 10:33 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
The internet by it's nature, is anonymous. People, who don't have the stones to say that to someone's face, are more than willing to rant about it on YouTube, or a public forum.

Old 05-30-2012, 10:35 AM

374 posts, read 812,769 times
It's probably mostly dumb middle school and high school aged boys looking to get a laugh out of shocking someone or provoking an angry response. If it's one thing the internet has taught us, it's that people, no matter what gender, age, or race are all the same. A few winners, a whole lot of losers.

Old 05-30-2012, 10:39 AM

3,184 posts, read 4,847,793 times
It's what happens when you let vulgar children speak anonymously on the internet.

Notice I didn't say anything about age...

Old 05-30-2012, 03:22 PM

639 posts, read 828,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
On youtube, especially (for some reason) I see a lot of really vitriolic racist, sexist, homophobic comments. People frequently calling people *****s, chinks, *******.etc you name it. Also a lot of attacks on whites. It seems the Neo-Nazis, Black, Yellow supremacists, misogynysts come out in full force. It got me wondering...I think hatred is just wanting to find a target for hatred because it feels good to hate. Yes, it feels GOOD to hate, not because of any deep-seated agenda against a certain group. When hating on an INDIVIDUAL, we're almost PROGRAMMED to bring in their gender, race, orientation.etc in personally attacking them.

These people are obviously cowardly since they'd never say what they say on the net in real life. Is this just sad reflection of human nature? Does the internet merely reveal that there's still a lot of residual prejudice in many, many people?
those people can't get laid, this venting is the closed they'll get.

Old 05-30-2012, 03:43 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,601,522 times
Youtube, Yahoo, TMZ and other forums are littered with hateful messages and it's because they have no moderation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies