Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 08:40 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,347,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I guess the anti-gay crowd will now have to boycott Macys, in addition to Target and JCPenney. It won't be long before they'll have to buy all of their clothes from the Salvation Army.

HRC and Macy’s Partner to Celebrate LGBT Pride Month
Contrary to what certain small factions of the left and the right want everyone to believe, MOST people in this country (regardless of political affiliation) don't care one way or another about gay people, are not 'against' gay people, and just would like everyone to go about their business and get along.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2012, 08:40 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,770,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Merchandise on the sales floor of a major retailer declaring who the wearer wants to have sex with. What fantastic times we live in!
How does gay rights shirts tell anyone who someone wants to have sex with? You do know there are celibate gays and asexual gays, and married to the opposite sex gays, etc. who still might want the protections of civil rights, correct?

Wanting to be protected from getting fired for being gay has nothing to do with who one wants to have sex with.

Old 06-02-2012, 08:42 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,347,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marce30 View Post
They would beat someone because they wear a shirt like this ? and then we wonder why the rest of the country see rural areas as a backward place that has zero tolerance. Im glad i live in a big city.
You talk crap about how other people have no tolerance and are ignorant...and then you yourself say something stupid and intolerant about rural communities.

Nice. Not ironic whatsoever.

Don't believe what one yokel says.

Old 06-02-2012, 09:11 AM

14,480 posts, read 11,277,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
How does gay rights shirts tell anyone who someone wants to have sex with? You do know there are celibate gays and asexual gays, and married to the opposite sex gays, etc. who still might want the protections of civil rights, correct?

Wanting to be protected from getting fired for being gay has nothing to do with who one wants to have sex with.
How do gay rights parades tell anyone who someone wants to have sex with?

BTW, government should not be in the business of legislating who and for what reason a company fires someone.

Old 06-02-2012, 09:13 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,829,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefoxwarrior View Post
Add to that list Apple and Google - both of which contributed to the anti- Prop 8 campaign and have supported gay rights for years.
I Googled that on my Iphone. Wait....WAIT. There's gay in my Google?
Oh, the horror.

Old 06-02-2012, 09:16 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,288,077 times
Quote:
I guess the anti-gay crowd will now have to boycott Macys, in addition to Target and JCPenney. It won't be long before they'll have to buy all of their clothes from the Salvation Army.

I can't wait until NASCAR does gay ads.

Old 06-02-2012, 09:17 AM

11,341 posts, read 16,697,527 times
Stores don't give a rats butt about equality.

The only thing they care about is the almighty dollar.

If people would buy shirts promoting sex with a hamster, they would also sell that.

Old 06-02-2012, 09:19 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,386,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
All those redneck suicides

Old 06-02-2012, 09:33 AM

11,431 posts, read 18,996,684 times
Quote:

I'd rather see these companies provide comparable employee benefits for these companies' employees and dependents than all of these gay t-shirts.

Old 06-02-2012, 09:33 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,202,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin Rick View Post
Most of those people shop at Walmart and Walmart will never ever sell gay items of any kind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
NASCAR FANS OUTRAGED OVER GAY DALE JR. COMMERCIAL | THIS IS THE SPORTS

It's not NASCAR, but it is one of the favorite drivers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies