Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2012, 08:59 AM

3,437 posts, read 6,075,469 times

Advertisements

One thing a lot of posters in this thread keep saying ... Gay Lifestyle ... What is that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2012, 09:00 AM

2,239 posts, read 3,230,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackwatch View Post
One thing a lot of posters in this thread keep saying ... Gay Lifestyle ... What is that?
Thank you!!!! I didn't have time to go off and try to explain that one, too.

So I guess being straight is a "Lifestyle", too. It's like come on people.

Old 06-03-2012, 09:07 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,464,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
Thats fine! Why can't gay people admit this and stop the argument that they have no choice? If people want to be treated well then they need to follow the golden rule themselves.
That's completely not what I said. I had a feeling my words would be twisted. Shouldn't have said anything.

3,378 posts, read 3,707,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer75 View Post
OMG..now you are an expect on the rules of membership in the Gay community? You Peter are now an OUTCAST...you have been voted OFF the Island! LOL

Do I really have to explain the whole fluid and complexity thing AGAIN?

You have straights to the right, and Gays to the left. You wanted to bring in Ellen's ex and the whole Bi-Sexual thing to discredit the Gay community. You were trying to prove somehow that Gays do have a choice. It's like OMG. If a person has self identified as GAY, you can safely BET, that they are GAY, and not trying to experiment or still "figuring it out" or whatever you want to call it.
It boils down to people who - regardless who they may like to sleep with for sexuality gratification whenever they do - identify as being Gay, and are in a COMMITTED relationship with a person of the same sex, should have the RIGHT to marry that partner. Just like people who IDENTIFY and LABEL themselves Straight - regardless who turns them on sexually - has the right to marry their partner of choice of the opposite sex.

Get it?
no, I don't get it! I thought that the argument was that gays were only attracted to gays, and that was it. Now you're saying that people have the choice to sleep around with whoever they want.
YES... people do indeed have a choice of who they sleep with! Pedophiles, prostitutes, adulterers, etc. They all choose to sleep around. AND, they are all sinners for doing so. Wouldn't you agree?
How many gays do you really think fall into the committed monogomous relationship that you described? 10%? Now, how many fall into this category when you factor in bisexuals and transgendered people? Go ahead and take a guess... If you answer that question honestly then you will see the problem with the gay rights groups.
Most people would not advocate for anyone who is non-committed to get married. But, we have a huge percent of LBGT people who fall into that category.

3,437 posts, read 6,075,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer75 View Post
Thank you!!!! I didn't have time to go off and try to explain that one, too.

So I guess being straight is a "Lifestyle", too. It's like come on people.
Oh wait, I think I figured it out, if you don't dance around and act all girlish, you will stop being Gay...

Some people would be shocked to find out a lot of the Professionals they deal with, are in fact Gay, that live a "lifestyle" no different than theirs.

Old 06-03-2012, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackwatch View Post
if you don't know then I can't tell you. Maybe you should get out more.

Old 06-03-2012, 09:10 AM

People who are "ex-gay" are either bisexual or straight people who were genuinely confused about their sexuality, and were never truly gay to begin with. But there are plenty of people, regardless of their actual natural orientation, that are walking around, confused about their sexuality. Just because sexuality is complex does not mean that it is a choice. Someone who is straight has no choice to be straight, and even if they think they are gay for awhile, they will realize sooner or later that they are indeed straight. The same is true of any gay people that think are straight, or sexual people that think they are asexual, or bisexuals who think they are gay or straight, etc. It does not mean that being gay/straight/bi etc. is a choice--it just means that sometimes people do go through a period where they aren't sure of their sexual orientation. This happens to people of all sexual orientations, but eventually they come around and realize they have no choice but to be the orientation that they are naturally. Whether they admit this to the world or not is an entirely different matter, but none of us have a choice in being the sexual orientation that we are innately.

Old 06-03-2012, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
That's completely not what I said. I had a feeling my words would be twisted. Shouldn't have said anything.
Go back and read what you posted. I can't read minds.

Old 06-03-2012, 09:12 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
I think you might find that it will be the 'righties' in their tighty whities whose heads will explode.
Seems like there's a contest over who's heads will explode more, lefties or righties. There would be enough exploding throughout the political spectrum to keep them all ducking for cover.

Old 06-03-2012, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
Go back and read what you posted. I can't read minds.
Did you see where I posted "This does not explain all cases of homosexuality by any means"? You jumped to the conclusion that I was explaining away all homosexuality as a "choice", which is completely not what I said. Gay people never have a choice in being gay. Rarely, straight people get confused about their sexuality and think they're gay, but they're not truly gay any more than a gay person is truly straight, and again this is rare, but it's one of the man explanations behind how someone can appear to be "ex-gay".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies