Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 01:54 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
the tea party people like to label everyone in a simplistic manner. According to them every single Mom needing assistance is scamming the "system". (yet oddly many of them are seniors receiving Medicare)

They have no concept of any reality outside their own. This is why the GOP will lose in November. No clue.
Really? And of course you can provide proof of your accusations, right?

You're going to be bitterly disappointed when Obama doesn't get re-elected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2012, 01:58 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post

That's always been the conservative stance, that it's all the dems fault, and they want everyone to be dependent on the gubmuit.

In other words, a steaming pile of bovine excrement that they wheel out now and then to scare their base.

Old 06-04-2012, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
That's always been the conservative stance, that it's all the dems fault, and they want everyone to be dependent on the gubmuit.

In other words, a steaming pile of bovine excrement that they wheel out now and then to scare their base.
Yeah like the Dems don't do the same. Supposedly the reason we are trillions in debt is Bushs' fault according to the Dems and that is only the tip of the iceberg.

Old 06-04-2012, 04:54 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Rachel Maddow is about as far left and biased as you can get. Only a like-minded individual would watch her show.
Again, you are the one who is narrow-minded, since I also watch CNN, Fox and read newspapers, etc. It's like saying I must be overweight if I watch the Big Loser or I play sports because I watch a baseball game. Without a doubt, Rachel Maddow is a liberal, but she is a Stanford graduate, received a Rhodes Scholarship and has a Ph.D in politics from Oxford. So she's also very smart and I find her show informative and educational. People who are open-minded usually can get their news from a variety of sources and then use logic and reason to form an opinion.

Old 06-04-2012, 04:59 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
He was completely correct.

How is that racist?

Here's racism....dems stating that 25% of black folk do not have ID.

Ahhhh....the sweet smell of the soft bigotry of low expectations!

Old 06-04-2012, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Again, you are the one who is narrow-minded, since I also watch CNN, Fox and read newspapers, etc. It's like saying I must be overweight if I watch the Big Loser or I play sports because I watch a baseball game. Without a doubt, Rachel Maddow is a liberal, but she is a Stanford graduate, received a Rhodes Scholarship and has a Ph.D in politics from Oxford. So she's also very smart and I find her show informative and educational. People who are open-minded usually can get their news from a variety of sources and then use logic and reason to form an opinion.
Doesn't change the fact that anyone who would watch Rachel Maddow more than once would have to be a looney liberal just like she is. Most people who have a certain political view can't stomach watching the rhetoric from the other side either. Most people wouldn't find the opposition informative but offensive and that would hold true for both sides of the political spectrum.

Old 06-04-2012, 05:10 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,598,235 times
Better than people who post theblaze.com as a factual source of news.

Old 06-04-2012, 05:47 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post

Yes, so true. I recently mentioned to someone who blamed Barney Frank for the housing crisis that Bush asked for $440 billion for his "A Home of Your Own" act and the "Downpayment Relief Act" in which he asked for looser regulations so people with no money and poor credit could buy houses. At that time both houses were controlled by Republicans. Of course he said I was a liar since it's all Obama's fault.

Old 06-04-2012, 05:55 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,134,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Better than people who post theblaze.com as a factual source of news.
Very true...

Old 06-04-2012, 06:11 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,598,235 times
Its easier to blame Fannie and Freddie than actually comprehend the corruption of Wall Street and Goldman Sachs. The far right continues to push their vitriolic agenda against women, minorities, gays, ....but the problem is, no one with a modicum of intelligence is listening.

(except of course, those who regurgitate talking points from fox/faux editorials).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies