Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2012, 08:07 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
We also sit right next to one of the largest bodies in the world, so we too have beaches, and I've seen plenty of hotties in bikinis in this city. It doesn't snow here 24/7 365. In fact this past winter was one of the mildest in Cleveland history. I think I shoveled 3 times, and within 3 days it was gone anyway! My son did not have 1 snow day this year, whereas the year before we burned through all of the alotted snow days and then some. Not to mention the past 3 days have been in the 90s, and we've been in a bit of a drought. Another tid bit of information... Cleveland from June through to September averages more wall to wall sunshine than Miami and other sunbelt locations. It's why I do want to be a snow bird someday. Stay here until New Years, and come back around Mother's Day. It's the best of both worlds.

Pot heads aren't a problem here either. It's quite accepted here. In fact while it's still a felony to sell it here (any amount) they've decriminalized possession to a degree to the point of a traffic ticket. You have to have A LOT of it to be considered a felony. Paraphenelia gets you in more trouble, and head shops sell it legally. The real problem is becoming prescription pain pills and heroin. Those 2 go hand in hand, as when one can no longer obtain the pills they resort to heroin.

LOL! Us Clevelanders get it all the time! We're a gritty bunch, so we can take it, and give it back!
The food in Cleveland is awesome, loved the ethnic neighborhoods!
Cedar Point isnt my thing, but its renowned all over the country, and lets not forget the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Loved that!

Last edited by kshe95girl; 06-21-2012 at 08:15 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2012, 08:11 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Darn!

I liked this thread a lot more when we were debating HOW to best grow pot.... rather the whether we should legalize it.

Can we get back on track?

Old 06-21-2012, 08:16 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Quote:
We also sit right next to one of the largest bodies in the world, so we too have beaches, and I've seen plenty of hotties in bikinis in this city. It doesn't snow here 24/7 365. In fact this past winter was one of the mildest in Cleveland history. I think I shoveled 3 times, and within 3 days it was gone anyway! My son did not have 1 snow day this year, whereas the year before we burned through all of the alotted snow days and then some. Not to mention the past 3 days have been in the 90s, and we've been in a bit of a drought. Another tid bit of information... Cleveland from June through to September averages more wall to wall sunshine than Miami and other sunbelt locations. It's why I do want to be a snow bird someday. Stay here until New Years, and come back around Mother's Day. It's the best of both worlds.

Pot heads aren't a problem here either. It's quite accepted here. In fact while it's still a felony to sell it here (any amount) they've decriminalized possession to a degree to the point of a traffic ticket. You have to have A LOT of it to be considered a felony. Paraphenelia gets you in more trouble, and head shops sell it legally. The real problem is becoming prescription pain pills and heroin. Those 2 go hand in hand, as when one can no longer obtain the pills they resort to heroin.

LOL! Us Clevelanders get it all the time! We're a gritty bunch, so we can take it, and give it back!

Ian Hunter - Cleveland Rocks (vinyl) - YouTube

Old 06-21-2012, 08:25 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,202,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The only good thing that ever came out of Cleveland is LeBron James and now he plays in my town.

Now, for anyone who is considering smiking pot: DON'T DO IT!!! If you can't help yourself, then see your doctor first, and make sure your body and mind are fit enough to survive the impact.
Actually, Lebron came out of the ghettos of akron... Smoked a lot of pot... In fact that's one of the reasons he moved to south beach, better supply.

Coach Spoelstra: "Lebron, you're going to have to go in for Wade, he's got a tender foot"

Lebron, sitting at the end of the bench, smoking a doobie: "ok coach, I'll do what I can but I only have two inches..."

Last edited by buzzards27; 06-21-2012 at 09:21 AM..

Old 06-21-2012, 08:31 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Darn!

I liked this thread a lot more when we were debating HOW to best grow pot.... rather the whether we should legalize it.

Can we get back on track?

Let's do it!

Someone felt compelled to bash my town, so I felt compelled to respond. But back to marijuana. We should legalize it, and be done with it. Legalization will also open the door for more research that ISN'T done because of it's Schedule I status! As I've said, I will continue to cast my vote to vote those out who want to continue this failed war on weed, and continue to pander to the special interest groups.

P.S. Hey Finn.... I'll bet your beloved Lebron smokes pot! It's pretty common among todays athletes.

Old 06-21-2012, 08:54 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times
Quote:
Let's do it!

Someone felt compelled to bash my town, so I felt compelled to respond. But back to marijuana. We should legalize it, and be done with it. Legalization will also open the door for more research that ISN'T done because of it's Schedule I status! As I've said, I will continue to cast my vote to vote those out who want to continue this failed war on weed, and continue to pander to the special interest groups.

P.S. Hey Finn.... I'll bet your beloved Lebron smokes pot! It's pretty common among todays athletes.

they've been talking on the radio about legalizing mj here in the us vi to draw in more tourist.. well i say they better hurry up and get it done, the economy is in the sheet can, hess oil just closed it's st croix oil refinery laying off eighteen hundred employees.. if they wait to long most of the states will legalize it and then it wont attract tourist because it will be legal in most places..

you going to come and burn some vi bud if they legalize it??

even finn jab is welcome to come.. he can drink the rum,, they got two rum distilleries here cruzan rum, captain morgan..

Old 06-21-2012, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
they've been talking on the radio about legalizing mj here in the us vi to draw in more tourist.. well i say they better hurry up and get it done, the economy is in the sheet can, hess oil just closed it's st croix oil refinery laying off eighteen hundred employees.. if they wait to long most of the states will legalize it and then it wont attract tourist because it will be legal in most places..

you going to come and burn some vi bud if they legalize it??

even finn jab is welcome to come.. he can drink the rum,, they got two rum distilleries here cruzan rum, captain morgan..

Perhaps. Considering it's ability to be grown world wide, I hope legalization takes place on a global scale.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:11 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times
Quote:
Perhaps. Considering it's ability to be grown world wide, I hope legalization takes place on a global scale.

dude the moon will fall into the ocean before places like saudi arabia legalizes it you cant even drink the booze there..

but i say to hell with the middle east. i don't like getting on me knees and praying 5 times a day to worship an imaginary camel herder...

Old 06-21-2012, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
dude the moon will fall into the ocean before places like saudi arabia legalizes it you cant even drink the booze there..

but i say to hell with the middle east. i don't like getting on me knees and praying 5 times a day to worship an imaginary camel herder...

I'm with you about the Middle East. We need to GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE! Perhaps, a little weed is what they need over there to chill the f*** out, and get civilized! They may find that it's use would actually make them a bit more spiritual and open-minded, instead of being extremists! I can't paint them all with a broad brush, but like with the Christian extremists, it's the Muslim extremists that give the rest a bad name! I guess you can say that about anything though.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:19 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,202,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post

Michael Stanley Band- My Town - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies