Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2012, 12:19 AM

37,158 posts, read 42,294,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
“The teacher in the school I went to would smoke three or four joints a day. He got lots of students to start smoking joints, me included. His dealer then pushed me to start using heroin, which I did without resisting. By that time, it was as if my conscience was already dead.” —Veronique
THAT is the funniest thing I've read tonight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2012, 07:33 AM

1,072 posts, read 1,948,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Of course they are useless to a druggie such as yourself. You could care less what the effects of drug use are on others. So long as you can smoke it and love it, without any retaliation. At least admit the facts. You want to use drugs and it be legal and be DAMNED what it does to anyone else, and/or society.

Marijuana is NOT the harmless drug people purport it to be. It is hazardous and causes addiction. The addiction to the drug, causes crime. The crime causes hurt, pain on innocent people. This causes increased costs on society as a whole.

But heck, you get to smoke your dope, and not get fined/or go to jail. You don't care what happens to the family across the street. Yet, you claim to be liberal and want to look out for the world.

More lies and misinformation from the liberal majority out there.
Oh, Phil306, you are the funny one. This is probably one of the most clueless rants I've ever read. Your uninformed views are showing. Just keep parroting all that government propaganda that ensures your continued employment. You seriously believe that marijuana is worth the $18B spent annually and 850,000 arrests made every year? Once again, the rest of the country disagrees with you.

Americans Decry War on Drugs, Support Legalizing Marijuana | Angus Reid Public Opinion

Rasmussen Poll Finds More Than Half Of America Now Supports Legalizing Marijuana | Mediaite

Wish I could see the look on your face when amendment 64 gets approved by the voters this November and legalizes recreational use.

Here's a clue for you, the ONDCP is authorized & empowered by Congress to lie with regard to drugs. They're guidelines call for them to resist legalization or reform at any cost and in any way. So they lie, they create false "science" to justify their statements & positions. You continue to try to cite reports & articles from Drug War propagandist organizations that are only written to support the continuation of punitive policies by lying instead of using independent neutral sources. Oh, and BTW, I have an older brother who is a cop in a large Colorado city. He and most of the force he works with disagree with you as well.

Face it, you're doing nothing more than trying to protect your paycheck by ensuring a steady stream of arrests of peaceful, non-violent pot smokers. Sure is a lot less dangerous than chasing real criminals with guns & stuff, huh?

Old 06-10-2012, 11:50 AM

3,437 posts, read 6,081,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
They use drugs for the escape, or for the high, the buzz, the effect the drugs have on them. The drugs affect the brain, the thought processes. The drug users think their problems went away because the drug made them forget, or the drug users feel popular, witty, exciting because the drug made them forget they are not.
The AVERAGE Marijuana user does NOT use to get "stoned", they use for the same reason the average alcohol drinker has a highball, a glass of Scotch, a few beers, or whatever after work or whenever, most of them do not drink to the point of intoxication.

I wonder how many of these anti-drug people have actual first(user themselves) or even second hand(friend or family member) experience or are speaking from stuff they read or heard about ... Really just a rhetorical question not pointed at any poster in this thread.

Old 06-10-2012, 11:59 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,319,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middle School Mustache View Post
Your argument is different than hers was.
The issue that we were both complaining about was the use of fragrance products.
Not everyone has had the mega bucks to get treatment or has been able to spend the thousands of hours (no exaggeration) learning about how to protect themselves and what they're allergic to.

At first, I hated the smell of perfumes because that's what I thought brought on my headaches, nausea and falling down.

After more than 15 years I now know better.

Old 06-10-2012, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
causes addiction. The addiction to the drug, causes crime. The crime causes hurt, pain on innocent people. This causes increased costs on society as a whole.
What crimes are being committed that are NOT directly related to Marijuana being illegal?

Marijuana users do NOT go off and kill a bunch of people OR rob stores to feed their habit.

More crime and deaths can be connected to alcohol use, and it is LEGAL.

Old 06-10-2012, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
The high from marijuana is not that interesting unless you want to have the experience of early or middle Alzheimer's.

Are you speaking from personal experience or what you have read or been told?

I guess you never drink alcohol, or to a much lesser effect drink coffee ...

Old 06-10-2012, 12:25 PM

49 posts, read 29,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
THAT is the funniest thing I've read tonight.
That marijuana is a dangerous gateway drug to other harder dangerous drugs used by liberal hippie teachers? Truth hurts might as well laugh it off.

Old 06-10-2012, 12:26 PM

37,158 posts, read 42,294,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenyanAmerican View Post
That marijuana is a dangerous gateway drug to other harder dangerous drugs used by liberal hippie teachers? Truth hurts might as well laugh it off.
I will laugh HYSTERICALLY at such a poor attept to explain drug use. I'm not hurt at all so don't worry about it.

Old 06-10-2012, 12:30 PM

49 posts, read 29,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Here is one opinion...lol!

JC WEBSTER - POT SMOKING - COAST TO COAST AM. - YouTube

The devils weed - lol. If marijuana is "of the devil" then why did God make it?

God made cocaine as it isnaturally occurring plant in nature. Why did he make that?

Old 06-10-2012, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenyanAmerican View Post

Sorry, but NO it is not. You really need to stop listening to the Reefer Madness propaganda.

I PERSONALLY know many that used Marijuana but NEVER did anything stronger, one of which is myself.

Correlation does not imply causation

The real "gateway" drugs are the ones Mommy gave you in the womb.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies