Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2012, 05:20 PM

37,199 posts, read 42,411,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
They use drugs for the escape, or for the high, the buzz, the effect the drugs have on them. The drugs affect the brain, the thought processes. The drug users think their problems went away because the drug made them forget, or the drug users feel popular, witty, exciting because the drug made them forget they are not.
Projecting much?

Depending on the drug, let's take pot for example, it's just a nice feeling, a relaxing feeling, a way to destress. Like having some wine. There is nothing wrong with a little buzz that makes you feel nice. I don't know why people come down so hard on anything that is pleasurable.

Abusers of all substances, legal or illegal, do have problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2012, 06:10 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,918,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
What's wrong with wanting to experience a high?

You can't believe that EVERY person that wants to experience a high is trying to ESCAPE something. That is not true. Like I said in the thread, I don't smoke weed, but I have researched it and understand its effects. I will say that the physiological concept of a high sounds like a pretty interesting experience. If a person wants to do something as mildly harmful as cannabis usage to experience that euphoric feeling then why not?

The same thing happens when we go to the gym to exercise. You go and endorphins are released as you work out. Should people who are trying to relieve stress be looked down on because they are exercising?
The high from marijuana is not that interesting unless you want to have the experience of early or middle Alzheimers.

Old 06-09-2012, 06:30 PM

31,298 posts, read 20,827,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
They use drugs for the escape, or for the high, the buzz, the effect the drugs have on them. The drugs affect the brain, the thought processes. The drug users think their problems went away because the drug made them forget, or the drug users feel popular, witty, exciting because the drug made them forget they are not.
Yes! and that is a good thing!

Old 06-09-2012, 06:31 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,319,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
The high from marijuana is not that interesting unless you want to have the experience of early or middle Alzheimers.
How can you determine what is interesting for someone? Why would a person that is in pain NOT want to feel euphoric?

Old 06-09-2012, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
What's wrong with wanting to experience a high?

You can't believe that EVERY person that wants to experience a high is trying to ESCAPE something. That is not true. Like I said in the thread, I don't smoke weed, but I have researched it and understand its effects. I will say that the physiological concept of a high sounds like a pretty interesting experience. If a person wants to do something as mildly harmful as cannabis usage to experience that euphoric feeling then why not?

The same thing happens when we go to the gym to exercise. You go and endorphins are released as you work out. Should people who are trying to relieve stress be looked down on because they are exercising?

Good post. Recreational drugs have an undeserved bad reputation, but they are no different than other recreations.

Old 06-09-2012, 06:33 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,102,114 times
Here is one opinion...lol!

JC WEBSTER - POT SMOKING - COAST TO COAST AM. - YouTube

The devils weed - lol. If marijuana is "of the devil" then why did God make it?

Old 06-09-2012, 06:49 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,290,991 times
Marijuana Anonymous World Services

Marijuana Abuse | Marijuana Abuse Dot Net

Marijuana use may be harmful to mental health—The Family Health Guide

Marijuana Addiction Stories

"As marijuana addiction stories go, this is pretty typical. Entire families smoke all of the time and think there is no problem. Any problems that are there are seen as something unrelated to drug use. Marijuana has become like alcohol use, no big deal and any problems are ignored."

TRUTH ABOUT MARIJUANA VIDEO - Real Life Stories - Side Effects of Marijuana, Cannabis and Hashish Facts

“I started using on a lark, a dare from a best friend who said that I was too chicken to smoke a joint and drink a quart of beer. I was fourteen at that time. After seven years of using and drinking I found myself at the end of the road with addiction. I was no longer using to feel euphoria, I was just using to feel some semblance of normality. Then I started having negative feelings about myself and my own abilities. I hated the paranoia. I hated looking over my shoulder all the time. I really hated not trusting my friends.

“I became so paranoid that I successfully drove everyone away and found myself in the terrible place no one wants to be in—I was alone. I’d wake up in the morning and start using and keep using throughout the day.” —Paul

“I was given my first joint in the playground of my school. I’m a heroin addict now, and I’ve just finished my eighth treatment for drug addiction.” —Christian

“The teacher in the school I went to would smoke three or four joints a day. He got lots of students to start smoking joints, me included. His dealer then pushed me to start using heroin, which I did without resisting. By that time, it was as if my conscience was already dead.” —Veronique

Old 06-09-2012, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post

“The teacher in the school I went to would smoke three or four joints a day. He got lots of students to start smoking joints, me included. His dealer then pushed me to start using heroin, which I did without resisting. By that time, it was as if my conscience was already dead.” —Veronique
Do you have a point or just like to post useless links?

Old 06-09-2012, 10:47 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,290,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Do you have a point or just like to post useless links?
Of course they are useless to a druggie such as yourself. You could care less what the effects of drug use are on others. So long as you can smoke it and love it, without any retaliation. At least admit the facts. You want to use drugs and it be legal and be DAMNED what it does to anyone else, and/or society.

Marijuana is NOT the harmless drug people purport it to be. It is hazardous and causes addiction. The addiction to the drug, causes crime. The crime causes hurt, pain on innocent people. This causes increased costs on society as a whole.

But heck, you get to smoke your dope, and not get fined/or go to jail. You don't care what happens to the family across the street. Yet, you claim to be liberal and want to look out for the world.

More lies and misinformation from the liberal majority out there.

Old 06-09-2012, 11:56 PM

56,966 posts, read 35,339,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Of course they are useless to a druggie such as yourself. You could care less what the effects of drug use are on others. So long as you can smoke it and love it, without any retaliation. At least admit the facts. You want to use drugs and it be legal and be DAMNED what it does to anyone else, and/or society.

Marijuana is NOT the harmless drug people purport it to be. It is hazardous and causes addiction. The addiction to the drug, causes crime. The crime causes hurt, pain on innocent people. This causes increased costs on society as a whole.

But heck, you get to smoke your dope, and not get fined/or go to jail. You don't care what happens to the family across the street. Yet, you claim to be liberal and want to look out for the world.

More lies and misinformation from the liberal majority out there.
Don't smoke it if you don't like it. But stop trying to control other people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies