Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2012, 09:19 PM

197 posts, read 299,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Well I think he has a good point, nobody wants their kids around this stuff WARNING, Adult content.

Hhhmmmm , I gotta wonder why an allegedly "straight" male knows so much about " cruising areas " and ha sspent so much time researching them........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2012, 09:26 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninAmok View Post
Hhhmmmm , I gotta wonder why an allegedly "straight" male knows so much about " cruising areas " and ha sspent so much time researching them........
If you read all the posts you would know either that or it's just over your head and as far as time spent looking it up it only took minutes and hey now if you visit Bakersfield you got some hot leads where the action is

Old 06-09-2012, 09:40 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiana View Post
As a black lesbian, I neither chose my race or my sexual orientation. Why is it most sane Americans acknowledge the pathology of racisms' destructiveness but are then unwilling to acknowledge homophobia is no different?
Who was it that invented that word, homophobia? Was it some doctors, some psychiatrists or who was it? You tell me that and I will try very hard to see your point.

Hey girl, I feel sorry for you but I also get pretty tired of seeing that word used to describe those who don't feel sorry for you.

Old 06-10-2012, 02:04 AM

30,896 posts, read 36,958,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
I'm not a homophobe at all but I'll tell you that the whole Gay thing just bugs the crap out of me. I was brought up in a huge circle of people from all classes, races and types. Out of all of those people I really can can say that one of them, not one single person out of these thousands of people defined themselves by their sexuality. What I hear from these people out there today is, I'm gay gay gay gay gay gay gay to the point where I'm just totally fed up with them amd their gayness. Id fell the same if the straights were trumpeting the same thing about their sexuality. For some reason or other none of the straight people I know are so focused on their sexuality to the point that it becomes the center of their entire life. That observation leads me to believe that homosexuality has a great deal of obsession and complusion to it that "Normal" sexuality does not.

I don't believe for a second the being accepted and treated fairly is good enough for the gay movement. What they want is for everyone to view them as completely normal and the same as everyone else. That's a contradiction in terms. They are different than the majority of the population. THE VERY CORE OF THEIR BEING IS OPPOSITE THAT OF MOST PEOPLE. Almost everything they do in public shouts out, "I'm different, I'm different but don't you dare point that out, as much as I display my differentness in your face you must say and believe, you are the same as anyone else".
You do know that it's the loudest mouths for any cause that get all the attention, don't you?

The gays who aren't in your face about it (the majority).....you don't notice them because...well.....they're not in your face about it.

Old 06-12-2012, 12:11 AM

170 posts, read 347,604 times
This is a tough subject. As a black American, I find it rather insulting for another African American to compare their sexuality to the issues blacks have had to overcome. Perhaps decades of lynchings and burning down homes, along with rampid police brutality would bring it to a comparable level. But it's not the same. I had a man make a pass at me one time. I would love for someone to explain to me why I shouldn't have destroyed him. Being black is normal. A man hitting on me isn't normal. If you think it is then your brain is wharped. And before you call me names, take it elsewhere. I worked with NUMEROUS gays in the hospital on night shift. I got along with them just as I did with the next person. In fact, they were some of the best co-workers I've had in my life! Many were stand up people, good folks. Still doesn't mean I agree with it. But I've always tried to accept someone for who they are and it's always worked out. But you won't see many gay couples at my house. You won't see me bringing a bunch of gay men around my sons. And that's that....blast me if you wanna.

Old 06-12-2012, 12:16 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
As a black lesbian, I neither chose my race or my sexual orientation. Why is it most sane Americans acknowledge the pathology of racisms' destructiveness but are then unwilling to acknowledge homophobia is no different?
actually the question should be why are you being biased

you are the one saying you are a 'black lesbian'

I could care less what colar you are, or what orientation you are

quit trying to force your beliefs of the rest of the people

Old 06-14-2012, 08:01 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
As a black lesbian, I neither chose my race or my sexual orientation.
The latter is debatable. Even if it would be true, it does not make your behavior normal by any standard.[/quote]

Quote:
Why is it most sane Americans acknowledge the pathology of racisms' destructiveness but are then unwilling to acknowledge homophobia is no different?
I don't believe you understand what racism is. It seems quite clear that you have confused prejudice, bigotry and racism and hold them to be synonymous, when they are not.

Prejudice is an attitude adopted based on facts. It is not necessarily harmful, but can lead to embarrassing or awkward situations.

Bigotry is an attitude based on false beliefs.

You are most certainly a bigot, because you believe without any basis in fact, that people who refuse to embrace homosexuality are homophobic and you equate that with racism.

Racism is an attitude founded in hatred, and it often rises to a level of violence.

Racism is also strictly applies to race or ethnicity, and not sexual orientation, which is another grievous error that you have made.

Homosexuality is as abnormal as pedophilia, as paraphilia, as necrophilia, as kleptomania, as schizophrenia, or as someone who commits rape or as someone who commits crimes.

Those things are not normal.

Might I suggest that you are a pragmatophobe -- that you suffer from a fear of reality, and might I also suggest that you are aware of "racisms' destructiveness but are then unwilling to acknowledge pragmatophobia is no different?"

I am under no moral or ethical obligation to accept or condone that which is abnormal.

The fact that I or anyone else will not kow-tow or bow down to "homo-nazis" does not make me a racist or an "homophobe."

Additionally it is absurd to characterize someone who refuses to tolerate that which is abnormal as "intolerant." So, what, I'm intolerant because I refuse to tolerate someone who physically abuses their spouse or who sexually or physically abuses children? I don't have to accept or condone that either, because it, too, is abnormal.

And while I do not accept or condone homosexuality, I am not willing to treat it as a criminal matter, for the same reason I am not willing to treat schizophrenia as a criminal matter.

You're not going to build bridges or mend fences by attacking those who refuse to kiss your ass and validate your life-style.

Just some friendly advice...

Mircea

Old 06-15-2012, 05:56 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,462,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
The latter is debatable. Even if it would be true, it does not make your behavior normal by any standard.

I don't believe you understand what racism is. It seems quite clear that you have confused prejudice, bigotry and racism and hold them to be synonymous, when they are not.

Prejudice is an attitude adopted based on facts. It is not necessarily harmful, but can lead to embarrassing or awkward situations.

Bigotry is an attitude based on false beliefs.

You are most certainly a bigot, because you believe without any basis in fact, that people who refuse to embrace homosexuality are homophobic and you equate that with racism.

Racism is an attitude founded in hatred, and it often rises to a level of violence.

Racism is also strictly applies to race or ethnicity, and not sexual orientation, which is another grievous error that you have made.

Homosexuality is as abnormal as pedophilia, as paraphilia, as necrophilia, as kleptomania, as schizophrenia, or as someone who commits rape or as someone who commits crimes.

Those things are not normal.
Thank you for not only defining, but also personally demonstrating bigotry.

Homosexuality is not the same as the things you listed and your attitude regarding homosexuality is therefore based on a false belief.

Quote:
Additionally it is absurd to characterize someone who refuses to tolerate that which is abnormal as "intolerant." So, what, I'm intolerant because I refuse to tolerate someone who physically abuses their spouse or who sexually or physically abuses children? I don't have to accept or condone that either, because it, too, is abnormal.
You're equating homosexuality between two consenting adults to physical and sexual abuse? Seriously? Bigoted much?

Sexual abuse and physical abuse are so common that they're not that abnormal, from a statistical point of view.

http://www.rainn.org/statistics

http://www.dvrc-or.org/domestic/violence/resources/C61/

What makes them abnormal from a psychological point of view, and worthy of being intolerant of, is the fact that there is a party involved that is not consenting, and that is being directly harmed. There is extensive research showing that people suffer severe psychological adverse effects from sexual and physical abuse.

If you lump in homosexuality together with sexual abuse, you're basically lumping sex and rape together. Are you unable to tell the difference between consensual sex and rape, or is this only the case in regards to homosexuality?

Last edited by nimchimpsky; 06-15-2012 at 06:05 AM..

Old 06-15-2012, 06:06 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,137,483 times
Hating gays is wrong. I dont think its wrong to find some of them annoying (like the two sitting behind me and my g/f last night at cirque du soleil) and you should even be able to disagree with their way of life. But we shouldnt hate them. And I dont think most people hate them. But its hard not to find their way of life a bit disgusting and perverted. Especially when many want to shove it in your face. When many of them, rather than just acting like a normal person, seem to think they have to be flamboyant. Talk to me like a real person, not like someone who cant figure out what gender they are.

Old 06-15-2012, 06:11 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,462,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
actually the question should be why are you being biased

you are the one saying you are a 'black lesbian'

I could care less what colar you are, or what orientation you are

quit trying to force your beliefs of the rest of the people
How many LGBTQ organizations have you heard of that are trying to stop Christians from going to church and practicing their religion?

How many churches have you heard of that are trying to stop gays from being able to marry, adopt, and be protected as employees?

Who's the one really trying to force their beliefs on the rest of the people, here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies