Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 01:49 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,469,719 times

Advertisements

Is it something in the water? First we have HILLARY PROPOSES $5,000 FOR EVERY U.S. BABY

and now we have
John Edwards: 'Pretty Soon' All Young African-American Men Will Be Dead or in Prison...

“We cannot build enough prisons to solve this problem. And the idea that we can keep incarcerating and keep incarcerating — pretty soon we’re not going to have a young African-American male population in America. They’re all going to be in prison or dead. One of the two.”

It seems Edwards don't hold out much hope for the black man.

...and then you have Rep. Pelosi criticizes border fence

and this right after another shamnesty has been defeated because it is one of the hottest debates in the country right now and has united people like nothing else..

The Republicans have had enough scandels lately, now it the Democrats turn.

Old 09-28-2007, 02:04 PM

646 posts, read 1,788,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
Is it something in the water? First we have HILLARY PROPOSES $5,000 FOR EVERY U.S. BABY

and now we have
John Edwards: 'Pretty Soon' All Young African-American Men Will Be Dead or in Prison...

“We cannot build enough prisons to solve this problem. And the idea that we can keep incarcerating and keep incarcerating — pretty soon we’re not going to have a young African-American male population in America. They’re all going to be in prison or dead. One of the two.”

and this right after another shamnesty has been defeated because it is one of the hottest debates in the country right now and has united people like nothing else..

Hmmm, don't like any scandals to me. Not sure if I agree with Hillary's plan about giving everybody $5,000 to use for college or a home later on, but it's not a scandal. I'm sure Edwards could have used his words a bit better, but he's pointing out the problem that the solution isn't to put everybody in prison, that we need to find the causes and resolve those. Even the link pointed out there are about as many African-Americans in college as there are in prisons... not a good situation at all.

Old 09-28-2007, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockholmaren View Post
Hmmm, don't like any scandals to me. Not sure if I agree with Hillary's plan about giving everybody $5,000 to use for college or a home later on, but it's not a scandal. I'm sure Edwards could have used his words a bit better, but he's pointing out the problem that the solution isn't to put everybody in prison, that we need to find the causes and resolve those. Even the link pointed out there are about as many African-Americans in college as there are in prisons... not a good situation at all.
The scandal comment was directed at the Republicans not the links.

Old 09-28-2007, 02:18 PM

646 posts, read 1,788,165 times
It seemed like it was directed toward the links since it was in the same post and sounded like "look, now it's the Democrats' turn to have scandals."

Old 09-28-2007, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockholmaren View Post
It seemed like it was directed toward the links since it was in the same post and sounded like "look, now it's the Democrats' turn to have scandals."
I will make it simple for you. The Republicans had scandels, now it's the the Democrats turn to have some problems.

The only reason I mentioned the Republican scandels is because the usual suspects would come in here, completely ignor the links and start listing news about the Republicans that have already been addressed.

Old 09-28-2007, 03:03 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,879,627 times
What do mean "This week" ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Old 09-28-2007, 04:32 PM

1,011 posts, read 3,095,230 times
Keeping grasping.

Do you have any commentary on this issues? I have an idea - since you posted these links, why don't you provide some intelligent analysis on why you disagree with them, what the problems with them are, etc. Original commentary is a bonus.

Go ahead - we'll wait until something of substance develops in this thread!

Old 09-28-2007, 05:52 PM

951 posts, read 1,655,972 times
Well, it's not surprising that Edwards thinks like this. As an elite, he has no clue as to what really goes on in town. Yes, I agree with him in principal, Af-Am's do seem to get the bad end of the stick in urban areas. They are in a never ending cycle of poverty, drugs, crime and welfare. I don't see much in the way of getting out, with the exception of the ecumenical community. At least they try to get the kids pointing in the right direction. One must remember, there are many other ethnic groups of all colors in the same boat. It is simply wrong to pigeon-hole Af-Am's into one catagory. It just shows how out of touch people like that are. Nice hair, John.

As for Nancy P.---ugh. She must be a blast at home. Her husband must use ear-muffs. It's the only way they could have been together all these years. Their net worth is north of $90 million so he probably has some cool hobbies to keep him away from that shrill.
Her reaction to the fence deal is not surprising. It's impacting Dem votes. Who else are immigrants going to vote for? People who like to give away stuff!! To them!!

It's the other thing in that article, the DREAM act, that is more annoying to me. They are trying to do this here (MASS) with state colleges. Why should an illegal criminal get privilage over an out of state legal student? Out of state tuition rates should apply, better yet, no admittance because they're illegal!

Old 09-28-2007, 05:59 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post

and now we have

the democrats make the same mistake every presidential election.
mouth control.
stephen s
san diego ca

Old 09-28-2007, 06:16 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,456,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunky39 View Post
the democrats make the same mistake every presidential election.
mouth control.
stephen s
san diego ca
Macaca anybody?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies