Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2012, 09:03 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,521,064 times

Advertisements

obama is going to get really disrespected in November.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2012, 09:13 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,196,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Oh, I see now. I lost quite a few members of "my room" during the 1st campaign. They just hated my views and left. They are uber liberal up there and have no clue.
I consider myself moderate politically, as for the rest of your rant I haven't a clue what you're
talking about. Roys is sort of correct, I was born in Texas but I hold Canadian citizenship now
so I am actually a dual citizen.

Old 06-17-2012, 09:31 AM

6,734 posts, read 9,342,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I dont recal anyone defending it, I recall people simply pointing out that its happened to other Presidents to disprove the OP's point that its unprecedented.
...and that doesn't make it right. Right? I have yet to see another example of a credentialed reporter stopping an presidential speech to ask a question. Sam Donaldson shouted a question to Reagan AFTER he was finished with his statement. Munro interrupted the speech with, “Why’d you favor foreigners over Americans?” Come on man...looking for a soundbite much? Bloggers are the best and the worst parts of the media. Munro is getting trashed by the right wing media and blogosphere. The only debate I've read on the issue is on this message board. But that's what we do...debate issues that are not worthy of debate.

Old 06-17-2012, 10:01 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,087,442 times
I can understand Munro's frustration with this president's repeated calling of a Press Conference that turns out to be just a venue for him to make a statement(short speech?), with a bunch of silent reporters in the audience for window dressing. The liberal MSM reporters willingly oblige him and sit their dutifully with the thrill running up their legs, hitting their brains where their legs meet.

Old 06-17-2012, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
I can understand Munro's frustration with this president's repeated calling of a Press Conference that turns out to be just a venue for him to make a statement(short speech?), with a bunch of silent reporters in the audience for window dressing. The liberal MSM reporters willingly oblige him and sit their dutifully with the thrill running up their legs, hitting their brains where their legs meet.
Not an excuse...

Old 06-17-2012, 10:25 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
...and that doesn't make it right. Right? I have yet to see another example of a credentialed reporter stopping an presidential speech to ask a question. Sam Donaldson shouted a question to Reagan AFTER he was finished with his statement. Munro interrupted the speech with, “Why’d you favor foreigners over Americans?” Come on man...looking for a soundbite much? Bloggers are the best and the worst parts of the media. Munro is getting trashed by the right wing media and blogosphere. The only debate I've read on the issue is on this message board. But that's what we do...debate issues that are not worthy of debate.
Again, I dont think anyone justified it, or said it was right, so I'm not sure why you are telling me to watch the video again.

Old 06-17-2012, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Again, I dont think anyone justified it, or said it was right, so I'm not sure why you are telling me to watch the video again.
Who asked you to watch the video again? Not me. And yes, people on this thread have tried to justify Munro's actions.

Old 06-17-2012, 10:37 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,168,625 times
Quote:
Chris Wallace said Donaldson didn't interrupt Reagan. But if it happened, Donaldson was in the wrong. It's that simple. I don't know why people are defending the Daily Caller's blogger/reporter. It's such a common sense issue. BTW, Obama is far from "my favorite"...I don't like him very much. But I do like tradition and people who show respect for proper decorum and manners. I'm a person who believes in the "gray areas", but this issue is black and white. This thread is about credentialed press and their behavior during a speech.
I am not defending, and in fact previously stated, it was not right. What I AM saying, is it has happened on any number of occasions to previous presidents, and in Bush's case, several times. What makes it more wrong now, than in the past?

Old 06-17-2012, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
I am not defending, and in fact previously stated, it was not right. What I AM saying, is it has happened on any number of occasions to previous presidents, and in Bush's case, several times. What makes it more wrong now, than in the past?
OK, I understand your stance on the issue.

But when did a reporter from the White House Press Corp ever interrupt a presidential speech? That's what I'd like to know.

Old 06-17-2012, 10:45 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Who asked you to watch the video again? Not me. And yes, people on this thread have tried to justify Munro's actions.
Pointing out that its happened to other presidents, isnt justification.
Quote:
OK, I understand your stance on the issue.

But when did a reporter from the White House Press Corp ever interrupt a presidential speech? That's what I'd like to know.
Presidents get interupted all the time. Thats why they hire a press secretary to handle most press conferences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies