Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 01:44 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,991,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
"UPDATE 9:27 AM PT -- According to our sources, King's fiancée is telling friends King had been drinking and smoked weed in the hours before his death."

Rodney King Dead -- Face of L.A. Riots Dies at 47 | TMZ.com

Both drinking and smoking (anything) are known to increase the chances of cardio-vascular disease. It could have been the heart or a stroke, a blood clot or even an aneurism. LA has a fine Medical Examiner so we won't have to wait long for an answer. Mr King is not alone since nearly 1/3 or all Americans have this chronic disease and tens of millions will join Mr King in heaven in the not too distant future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2012, 01:45 PM

92 posts, read 56,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Whenever I see several new members posting on these types of threads at the same time, I suspect that:

1) Stormfront is down; or

2) Stormfront members have been encouraged to come here and insinuate themselves on any threads that might devolve into a racial debate/argument.

But, I also agree that FreedomAndLiberty may very well be a rerun of some other, previously banned, member.
Right. It couldn't be the fact I hate the SOB and he was a waste of space and life. Has to be that I am a racist...oh that's right that's liberal talking point 100!

Old 06-17-2012, 01:55 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times
If the cops were beating King in the head he would have been dead. They hit him in the joints of the legs and arms so he would stay down and be cuffed. They did not want him dead, they wanted him cuffed and in control. No one hit him in the head like Denny was hit. Denny just about died, King didn't.

Old 06-17-2012, 02:15 PM

584 posts, read 871,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomAndLiberty View Post
Rot in hell. Drug head ran from cops who in turn were put on trial for defending themselves from this pos. Won't be missed. Now if only sharpton and jackson would join him.
you are the one going to hell with that response.

Old 06-17-2012, 02:19 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times
They are reporting on the news here in Los Angeles that LAPD have not found any signs of alcohol or drug paraphernalia in Rodney King's house.

I do recall him saying he had some heart problems in the past, and I think his dad died of heart problems.

This may not be drug or alcohol related at all, but natural causes.

Coroner is doing an autopsy so we'll know the cause of death in a few days, the toxicology of course will take a few weeks.

Time will tell.

Old 06-17-2012, 02:35 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
They are reporting on the news here in Los Angeles that LAPD have not found any signs of alcohol or drug paraphernalia in Rodney King's house.

I do recall him saying he had some heart problems in the past, and I think his dad died of heart problems.

Coroner is doing an autopsy so we'll know the cause of death in a few days, the toxicology of course will take a few weeks.

Time will tell.
With his history of abuse it is not unlikely that his addiction took a toll on his body. Heaven knows his addiction left a mark on this country and his name will always be infamous as a result.

Old 06-17-2012, 02:38 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:

Time will tell.
Yes -- at age 47 it can be a natural heart attack or stroke. I knew a woman who died of a massive stroke at age 25. No drugs, no known health problem. Of course some drugs and I would imagine pcp is one of them, can do quite a lot of damage to the heart and vessels.

Old 06-17-2012, 03:31 PM

92 posts, read 56,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equal-Opp. View Post
you are the one going to hell with that response.
I am going to some imaginary place? Cool..always liked fantasy.

Old 06-17-2012, 03:34 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
Quote:

Time will tell.
I still say "it couldn't happen to a nicer guy!"

Old 06-17-2012, 03:44 PM

2,312 posts, read 3,665,685 times
R.I.P. P.O.S.

Looks like Obama lost another vote
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies