Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 02:26 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,073,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Same reason the right is putting the screws to Holder.

I go get into the whole left and right thing....what we are seeing a lot of now is election year politics.

However, I do difficult analysis for a living and it's a pet peeve of mine to see threads like this, statistical abuse, innumeracy etc. in order to try to score political points. You need an honest discussion of the policies, impacts etc. so you can then reach an informed decision. Blatant lies and misleading the public in order to push an agenda is IMO pretty evil.
Holder and Obama had ample opportunity to take care of the fast and furious mess. They chose to lie and deflect for months. Now if this all happened out of the blue in October I would agree with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2012, 02:34 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,915,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
From what I understand. Also, the outgoing pension fund manager tried to get the Walker Administration to carefully examine the changes but because of his right wing ideology and need for a political victory he is going to do exactly the opposite of what he said he would do-save the voters money.

Once again, a republican makes everyone's lives just a little worse.
Irresponsible of Walker to say the least!

Old 06-24-2012, 02:58 PM

46,444 posts, read 27,303,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Irresponsible of Walker to say the least!
Obviously you did not read the article.....

Much less any of the responses in this thread.....

Old 06-24-2012, 06:07 PM

24,620 posts, read 19,261,759 times
Quote:
Nice job you dead eyed, rat faced loser. You just costs Wisconsin residents when you promised to save money on State Benefits.

I think he is a very typical republican.

Wisconsin collective bargaining law might increase pension costs - TwinCities.com
"Might increase?"

Uh, the Earth might spin out of orbit and crash into the Sun, too.

Not impressed with "Weasel Words" like "may add" and "It's possible." That is fear-mongering at its finest.

Typically..

Mircea

Old 06-24-2012, 06:26 PM

79,104 posts, read 61,238,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Mathguy,

These threads are so funny, the lefties are attempting to grasp at whatever they can to discredit Romney and the right....
I still don't think this is a left vs. right issue.

Clinton and many others (including Biden, Kerry, Kennedy etc) signed Nafta which was HUGELY opposed by unions.

Chicago is trying to reform it's unions and it is about as one-party ruled as China.

People and the media are trying to make this a wedge issue....it isn't.

Evidence how Obama can win WI by 14% in 2008 and now you have Walker winning and then surviving recall. People can hand wave all they want but to quote James Carville during the Clinton campaign....it's the economy stupid.

And they were right....and it started Bill Clintons 8 years in the Whitehouse.

Old 06-24-2012, 06:34 PM

46,444 posts, read 27,303,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I still don't think this is a left vs. right issue.

Clinton and many others (including Biden, Kerry, Kennedy etc) signed Nafta which was HUGELY opposed by unions.

Chicago is trying to reform it's unions and it is about as one-party ruled as China.

People and the media are trying to make this a wedge issue....it isn't.

Evidence how Obama can win WI by 14% in 2008 and now you have Walker winning and then surviving recall. People can hand wave all they want but to quote James Carville during the Clinton campaign....it's the economy stupid.

And they were right....and it started Bill Clintons 8 years in the Whitehouse.
As you told me, you are looking to deep into this.

This is about Scott Walker and the right being so f'd up they are goona cost the tax payers.

Don't look anything past that.

Are you correct in what you have said....I'm sure you are. But pertaining to this thread, you are wrong just for the fact that nobody will delve into what you have said, not even the OP.

Old 06-24-2012, 08:05 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,579,319 times
Quote:
Nice job you dead eyed, rat faced loser. You just costs Wisconsin residents when you promised to save money on State Benefits.

I think he is a very typical republican.

Wisconsin collective bargaining law might increase pension costs - TwinCities.com
just hope the whole state votes for Mit my man! a great republican!

Old 06-24-2012, 08:14 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,306,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Do you always swallow the hook, line and sinker along with the bait?

In the first place, this is according to Walker, who certainly has a motivation to spin the numbers, don't you think?

In the second place, your link includes these comments:

"Much of those savings….could be verified….But the figures also included a significant amount of savings for local governments that could not be verified."

In other words....he can't prove it.
I didnt see you analize the OP statements that say that it MIGHT boost costs.. Why is that?

Furthermore, if it boosts benefits, why exactly are you and the OP so angry? Arent you all about boosting benefits?

Old 06-24-2012, 08:24 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,815,268 times
Quote:
He increased costs???

Who does he think he is? Barack Obama?

Quote:
You just costs Wisconsin residents when you promised to save money on State Benefits.
We won.

Get over it.

Old 06-24-2012, 08:55 PM

4,275 posts, read 5,195,587 times
Just the media attacking Walker..he did a great job...really good Gov.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies