Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 11:18 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
See my point re: making a cogent argument all of your own.
Your point was made in your very first post. The quote resonated somehow, and you went about demanding political correctness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2012, 11:23 AM

3,840 posts, read 4,512,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Your point was made in your very first post. The quote resonated somehow, and you went about demanding political correctness.

I'm the last person to demand political correctness. I'm just hoping for something original and all you offer is tired old Nazis. **yawn**

Old 06-22-2012, 11:26 AM

Quote:
I'm the last person to demand political correctness. I'm just hoping for something original and all you offer is tired old Nazis. **yawn**
I don't think so. But you were the first in this thread.

PS. Just because Hitler said it, doesn't make it a bad idea to quote.

Old 06-22-2012, 11:28 AM

Quote:
I don't think so. But you were the first in this thread.

PS. Just because Hitler said it, doesn't make it wrong to quote it.
And my being first is relevant because.....it's random chance that i happened to click when and where I did.

Not wrong but intellectually lazy.

Old 06-22-2012, 11:32 AM

Quote:
And my being first is relevant because.....it's random chance that i happened to click when and where I did.

Not wrong but intellectually lazy.
It would be intellectually lazy to prefer political correctness that you demand. In fact, it would be downright stupid. Got problem? Too bad, you will have to deal with it then to run around chanting "Godwin's Law".

But hey, you don't really need to be overly demonstrative of your hatred finding any association with the idea suggested in the quote. It only proves that you condone attack first, even with lies, mantra.

"It is not truth that matters, but victory"
- Adolf Hitler

Old 06-22-2012, 11:35 AM

Quote:
It would be intellectually lazy to prefer political correctness that you demand. In fact, it would be downright stupid. Got problem? Too bad, you will have to deal with it then to run around chanting "Godwin's Law".

But hey, you don't really need to be overly demonstrative of your hatred finding any association with the idea suggested in the quote. It only proves that you condone attack first, even with lies, mantra.

"It is not truth that matters, but victory"
- Adolf Hitler
Did I strike a nerve there, Sherlock? Once again you go with the quite incorrect political correctness dig. Swing and a miss again!

Old 06-22-2012, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Did I strike a nerve there, Sherlock? Once again you go with the quite incorrect political correctness dig. Swing and a miss again!
Cute.

Until next time you make your call to Godwin to come save you for evil EG associating ideas you condone with a quote by Hitler.

Old 06-22-2012, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Cute.

Until next time you make your call to Godwin to come save you for evil EG associating ideas you condone with a quote by Hitler.
I have never, not once, used a Hitler quote to make a point, and I don't plan on starting now because I do think it's a logical fallacy and intellectually lazy.

But I promise you this: if I ever do get to a point in a debate where I have no choice, I will make sure to tell you and I say that completely sans any sarcasm.

Old 06-22-2012, 11:44 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,595,161 times
The saddest part of the ad is not the ad itself.
With this ad:

1) At least we know who is saying it and paying for it.
2) Compared to the commercials we are going to get this fall. It is gospel truth.

Thank you SCOTUS for the Citizens United decision.
This fall, the commercials fromn both sides will make all the lies of the past 30 years put together look tame.

Old 06-22-2012, 11:45 AM

Quote:
I have never, not once, used a Hitler quote to make a point, and I don't plan on starting now because I do think it's a logical fallacy and intellectually lazy.
That is your problem. It is also YOUR problem that you found your love for attacks based on lies, have something in common with Hitler's quote. Trust me, if you quoted Hitler, I won't be demanding Godwin to show up and defend me.

Quote:
But I promise you this: if I ever do get to a point in a debate where I have no choice, I will make sure to tell you and I say that completely sans any sarcasm.
Please do. I will look forward to it. At least you'd be doing something more than whine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies