Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 12:27 PM

68,394 posts, read 54,669,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Yeah you don't think Ford's upper managment is approving the nationally broadcast commercials the marketing department is coming up with? Hell, they probably asked for an ad targeting the Hispanic market.
And? They shouldn't be allowed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2012, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
What the fook does it have to do with a free market to run an advert in a foreign freegin language that 90% of the viewing audience cannot relate to because they can't understand the language? What's next commercials in FRENCH??!?!
IF a company believes it will fatten the bottom line commericials in French are EXACTLY what you'll see!

Quote:
You pander to the 10%? and alienate the 90%??? GTFOH!
IF you really find it that offensive why aren't you busy making inquiries to FORD?

Old 06-22-2012, 12:29 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,592,124 times
Quote:
What the fook does it have to do with a free market to run an advert in a foreign freegin language that 90% of the viewing audience cannot relate to because they can't understand the language? What's next commercials in FRENCH??!?!

You pander to the 10%? and alienate the 90%??? GTFOH!
I'm in that 90% and it didn't alienate me. Why does it you?

Old 06-22-2012, 12:31 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,590,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And? They shouldn't be allowed?
Never said they shouldn't. Just sort of misread the conversation and agreeing with you in a roundabout way...It's just a marketing effort to target a certain group.

I could care less, I'm fluent in Spanish and French and not really threatened by a sole Spanish language commercial...

Love the faux outrage, though... "What's next? Commercials in Chinese?!" Well, yeah...

Old 06-22-2012, 12:31 PM

50,627 posts, read 47,473,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
You live in Texas. You would think you would know spanish by now.
Why, unless you need to converse with illegals working for you the language spoken in business and day to day is English. We are right on the border and if they can't speak English I don't need to talk to them EVER.

It was well put by one individual. If you want to assimilate here learn to speak English, otherwise, remain part of the permanent under-class.

Old 06-22-2012, 12:35 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,745,277 times
Quote:
LOLOLOL!!!!!!!!! Why the hell is anybody surprised when they see a t.v. commercial in SPANISH? We've had that in Southern California for years already!!!!

How about the labels on the Clorox bleach and OTHER PRODUCTS you buy at the grocery store?!?! Did that TOTALLY GO OVER YOUR HEAD???? or did that sneak up on you too?!?!

You NEED TO BE OUTRAGED that there is PROGRAMMING in ENGLISH with Second Audio Programming in SPANISH... but that is not reciprocated on SPANISH LANGUAGE CHANNELS IN ENGLISH!!!! If you don't speaka' the S'panich you have no flippin' Idea what the hell they're talking about on those t.v. networks do you?!?!?

That's what you should be upset over!!!

Silly boobs! They're HE...EEERREEEE!!!! You allowed the door to be left wide the hell open for the last 20 years and now you want to complain and feign surprise indignation!!???

GTFOH!!!!
I saw the food labels years ago. Here in Texas they show the Spanish side facing the customer
I do take a small delight though in turning them around so the English side faces the aisle.

I'm not complaining. I'm with you in "I told ya so".

In fact, I have to go to the John Deere dealer this afternoon because the new mower I got (ZTR 425 - OMG I LOVE IT but steering takes a bit to learn) came with a Spanish owner's manual and I don't speak Spanish.

Old 06-22-2012, 12:36 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,526,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
IF a company believes it will fatten the bottom line commericials in French are EXACTLY what you'll see!

IF you really find it that offensive why aren't you busy making inquiries to FORD?
I don't comment on things I didn't witness, I didn't watch the stupid playoffs last night because my team wasn't represented and I think Lebron James is a turd, so I'm not making inquiries to FORD.

I know that there are commercials in the Spanish language, they have been on television in southern California for many many years already.

I have complained to my congressperson in the past, and to no avail...

It's someone else's turn.

Old 06-22-2012, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Never said they shouldn't. Just sort of misread the conversation and agreeing with you in a roundabout way...It's just a marketing effort to target a certain group.

I could care less, I'm fluent in Spanish and French and not really threatened by a sole Spanish language commercial...

Love the faux outrage, though... "What's next? Commercials in Chinese?!" Well, yeah...
Got ya!
'
I just find it amusing seeing some who tend to be generally right-leaning being offended by their darling nobailout $$$ FORD', being offended by FORD trying to operate in a free market, the kind of market the right allegedly favors.

I couldn't care less, haven't watched an NBA game since Phil Jackson was with the Knicks

Old 06-22-2012, 12:37 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,986,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Why, unless you need to converse with illegals working for you the language spoken in business and day to day is English. We are right on the border and if they can't speak English I don't need to talk to them EVER.

It was well put by one individual. If you want to assimilate here learn to speak English, otherwise, remain part of the permanent under-class.

If I were operating a business on the border, I would sure as hell learn to speak spanish. A paying customer is a paying customer. Not to mention the fact that there are a whole lot of attractive women who only speak spanish...just saying.

Old 06-22-2012, 12:38 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,526,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I saw the food labels years ago. Here in Texas they show the Spanish side facing the customer
I do take a small delight though in turning them around so the English side faces the aisle.

I'm not complaining. I'm with you in "I told ya so".

In fact, I have to go to the John Deere dealer this afternoon because the new mower I got (ZTR 425 - OMG I LOVE IT but steering takes a bit to learn) came with a Spanish owner's manual and I don't speak Spanish.
Geezuz... the American John Deere mower came with a manual in Spanish? Please tell me it wasn't made in Mexico or China.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies