Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 08:27 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,922,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
During the entire month of August, President Bush was on vacation at his ranch in Texas — which tied with one of Richard Nixon’s as the longest vacation ever taken by a president.

I've often worked from home, typically on hours long conference calls, connected to the workplace by VPN which included active email and chat windows. Not difficult to keep in touch and to multi-task.

To think that a President who is 'away' from Washington DC, at his working home is on vacation is willful ignorance. And on that fateful day that AirForce One was in the air most of the day, Bush and staff were in constant contact with functioning government.

Even LBJ was sworn in as President while aboard the Prez jet just after JFK was pronounced dead. Jackie O was right next to him.
So you are saying that Bush was FULLY informed about all of the Osama-attack intelligence while on vacation and ignored it while continuing his vacation! Wow! Just Wow!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2012, 08:30 PM

27 posts, read 21,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I guess it matters because Bush ignored intelligence that would have saved the lives of over 3000 citizens.
How could vague, random chatter about "possible attacks" be used to stop the 9/11 attacks? They didn't even know for sure it was going to involve airplanes, let alone airplanes used as flying bombs against the WTC and the Pentagon.

I actually remember getting my bag swabbed for explosives at a airport in July 2001. They had one of those high-tech mobile analysis devices you see everywhere now.

That was the first time I remember this happening so the Feds were probably reacting to this vague intel.

Old 06-23-2012, 08:30 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,285,968 times
Which warnings should Bush admin have taken seriously? Hundreds or more warnings were issued not only seven. Most are total BS.
Hind sight is a wonderful thing we can see clearly what could have or should have been done.

Clinton had Bin Laden not once but several times and let him go. Funny how the dems never place any blame there. Clinton was so innocent that he needed sammy the Burglar Burger to go steal classified documents for him.

Bush Failures. His admin , the CIA which Clinton decided didn't need so many boots on the ground. FBI failed, ATF failed. Immigration failed. There is blame enough to go around the world many times over.

What of the Senate Intellegence committee? John kerry led that effort.
The fact is our Military failed us too because they were not ready. Perhaps less focus on being a world cop and more focus on national security and all the above would have done a better job.
Party hard liners will you ever learn to think for yourselves?

Old 06-23-2012, 08:32 PM

33,387 posts, read 35,002,511 times
Quote:
We know Bush didn't do anything to prevent the attacks that he was given extensive intelligence about and all you can say is Clinton, Clinton, Clinton...... Who was president while this intelligence was coming in during the summer of 2001?

Here are the newly released documents.
The Central Intelligence Agency's 9/11 File
Top Secret CIA Documents on Osama bin Laden Declassified

National Security Archive Electronic Briefing Book No. 381
Posted - June 19, 2012
The Central Intelligence Agency 9/11 File: Hundreds of Secret Agency Documents on Osama Bin Laden Declassified
ok, but you still have not answered my original question, and that is just what was bush supposed to do to prevent those attacks?

as for clinton, you blame bush but the issue goes back further than just bush. had clinton taken bin laden when he was offered, perhaps the 9/11 attacks would not have happened. did you ever think of that?

Old 06-23-2012, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nornus View Post
How could vague, random chatter about "possible attacks" be used to stop the 9/11 attacks? They didn't even know for sure it was going to involve airplanes, let alone airplanes used as flying bombs against the WTC and the Pentagon.

I actually remember getting my bag swabbed for explosives at a airport in July 2001. They had one of those high-tech mobile analysis devices you see everywhere now.

That was the first time I remember this happening so the Feds were probably reacting to this vague intel.
Well then, I guess Bush had no choice but to drastically cut funding used for the purpose of obtaining intelligence on, and capturing Osama. Bush also had no choice but to go on an extended vacation since he was "confused" about this vague intelligence.

Old 06-23-2012, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
ok, but you still have not answered my original question, and that is just what was bush supposed to do to prevent those attacks?

as for clinton, you blame bush but the issue goes back further than just bush. had clinton taken bin laden when he was offered, perhaps the 9/11 attacks would not have happened. did you ever think of that?
Bush had no choice but to ignore all intelligence and instead take an extended vacation.

Old 06-23-2012, 08:43 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,285,968 times
Quote:
Well then, I guess Bush had no choice but to drastically cut funding used for the purpose of obtaining intelligence on, and capturing Osama. Bush also had no choice but to go on an extended vacation since he was "confused" about this vague intelligence.
Well then Bush wouldn't have had to do anything if Clinton had done his job. We would have saved a ton of money avoided 2 wars and thousands of americans, Iraqi's and afghan people would still be alive.
Your logic not mine.

Old 06-23-2012, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Well then Bush wouldn't have had to do anything if Clinton had done his job. We would have saved a ton of money avoided 2 wars and thousands of americans, Iraqi's and afghan people would still be alive.
Your logic not mine.
You would think with all this business that took place under Clinton, Bush would have had enough sense to take this intelligence seriously. Instead, Bush CUT FUNDING for the purpose of capturing Osama and/or obtaining intelligence about Osama.

Old 06-23-2012, 08:49 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,762,441 times
Quote:
You would think with all this business that took place under Clinton, Bush would have had enough sense to take this intelligence seriously. Instead, Bush CUT FUNDING for the purpose of capturing Osama and/or obtaining intelligence about Osama.
So why do you think Clinton didn't go after him ?

Old 06-23-2012, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
So why do you think Clinton didn't go after him ?
See post #11.

Why do you think Bush didn't go after Osama?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies