Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 11:43 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,492,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
that wasn't known/mentioned till last month.

how can you believe that was the "start" of the birther movement?
what wasnt known untill last month????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2012, 11:45 AM

4,050 posts, read 3,960,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoir faire View Post
it's 66%, which is 2/3.

Despite gop claims, math is not one of satan's tools.
lol!!!!

Old 06-27-2012, 11:48 AM

4,050 posts, read 3,960,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRisingAgain View Post
Lol, you believe her.
No, we believe you!...

Old 06-27-2012, 11:54 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,083,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRisingAgain View Post
LOL, the agent, Miriam Goderich remembered in 2012 that she made an error in 1991.
Yes she did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRisingAgain
She didn't remember making the error in 92, 95, 00, 05.....just recently she said, "oh yeah, I goofed on BO's bio 20 years ago."
She didn't make it in 92, 95, 00, or 05. Why would she remember other things that never happened?

You guys manage to do a lot of thinking without ever managing to think very hard.

But as to how it works in the real universe, people make trivial mistakes all the time most of which are never brought to their attention. But when they are, people say, "Oops. Sorry."

Quote:
She remembers making the mistake. She remembers it as a mistake (according to her). So she makes a mistake in 91, then forgets to correct the mistake for 16 years.
You really have to stop making up stupid ****. She remembered writing the bio, and she knows now that that detail was wrong. To connect the dots you actually need to have dots and those are them.

You don't get to make up fake ones.

Quote:
They updated the bio in 2007:
Right. Now go try to figure out what "updated" means.

Quote:
After two published books, after a successful Senate run, they still didn't realize their oops? Seriously?
Why would they?

Last edited by HistorianDude; 06-27-2012 at 12:26 PM..

Old 06-27-2012, 11:57 AM

276 posts, read 236,302 times
Quote:
She didn't make it 92, 95, 00, or 05. Why would she remember other things that never happened?

You guys manage to do a lot of thinking without ever managing to think very hard.

But as to how it works in the real universe, people make trivial mistakes all the time most of which are never brought to their attention. But when they are, people say, "Oops. Sorry."
"Oops, I goofed in 91. And in the revisions of 98, 03, 05, and 07. Sorry."

How can somebody update his bio, even after he became a national figure, and not correct the birth-error?
I really don't have enough faith to live in your world.

Old 06-27-2012, 12:01 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,088,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
I get what you are saying, not that I agree but I understand and I am open to listen to or debate with anyone who has substantive arguments. If you think the birther movement is a waste of time, you may want to tell them that and while you're at it, you can educate them and tell them why you believe, based on his record and policy Obama should be voted out of office - maybe they'll learn something. Without birthers, there would be no birther movement. Everything cannot be blamed on the Democrats or the left. Birthers are part of the right and if I were a Conservative, I certainly wouldn't want them representing me. Silence gives consent.
While we conservatives may not be all that gung ho seeking proof that Obama was born in Kenya, I would venture to say that few conservatives want the search for truth to stop. If we are silent, we are silently cheering the others on. So you anti-birthers, keep the threads going. We like to see how scared you all are.

Old 06-27-2012, 12:02 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,457,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Yes she did.

She didn't make it 92, 95, 00, or 05. Why would she remember other things that never happened?

You really have to stop making up stupid ****. She remembered writing the bio, and she knows now that that detail was wrong. To connect the dots you actually need to have dots and those are them.

You don't get to make up fake ones.

Right. Now go try to figure out what "updated" means.

Why would they?
Always have an excuse for these so-called mistakes eh? 16 years later?! LMAO! Who is paying you to come running to these threads and provide excuses and cover? What makes you the know it all of everything Barack Obama? I've been reading your threads concerning personal information about the man that comes out and you are right there to say how it is either false or was a mistake. It's almost as if you've known the man since birth and lived with him his entire life. Let's be honest, you're being spoon fed what to say in these threads, it's literally impossible for you to know all what is the truth about Barack Obama. LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE!

Old 06-27-2012, 12:05 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,197,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
2 out of 3 Republicans polled Believe Obama was not born in the United States
In other words 2 out of 3 republicans are brain dead....

Old 06-27-2012, 12:07 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,083,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
not really...the link she provided (much like mine) was an OPINION in 2011
Wrong.

I provided direct links to the original Birther posts on right wing forums and blogs from March of 2008. Here they are again:

FR CONTEST: "Pin the Middle Name on the Obama"

RUTHLESS ROUNDUP: FREEDOMS ENEMIES - THE OBAMA STORY

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero
the fatc is the 1991 agent 'mistake' is where it started

and in 07 some people based on the agent 'mistake' asked some questions
This is a lie. Nobody was even aware of the 1991 bio until Breitbart.com found it a couple months ago.

Quote:
and in 08 HILLARY pushed it hard as she was in a very tight primary fight that went till june
This is a lie. Neither Hillary, nor her husband, nor anybody from her campaign has ever once even hinted that Obama was not eligible for the presidency or that he was born in Kenya.

Quote:
Democratic blog, The Blue State, who wrote on July 23, 2007, “Obama isn't technically a northerner either since he was born in Kenya
That is almost 5 months later than the right-wing conservative Birther posts I linked to. Do the math.

Quote:
There was even a Kenyan newspaper from 2004 that casually referenced “Kenyan-born Obama.”
Ignoring that Kenyan newspapers have nothing to do with US Democrats, a few days later that same Kenyan newspaper retracted its mistake.

Quote:
and historians STATEMENT of """"Birthism was invented on March 1, 2008 on the right-wing conservative forum FreeRepublic.""""" is a direct contrdiction to the link which states """"conservative sites like FreeRepublic, conspiracy sites like Prison Planet, white supremacist sites like Stormfront didn’t engage the rumor until June 2008""""
Yes. It is . And I provided a direct link proving that I am right. Here it is again:

FR CONTEST: "Pin the Middle Name on the Obama"

Quote:
but what was historian refering to....a blog by an anonymous poster, who could be anyone from anyparty
Except it's not. It's a well known and long lived right-wing conservative blogger. And it was three days later from the original Birther post on FreeRepublic.

Quote:
and what was historians link to...a anti-birther BLOG by Laren Collins
Don't you ever gut just a little bit tired of being wrong every single time?

Old 06-27-2012, 12:11 PM

589 posts, read 851,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
We should have a poll about whom is more gullible.

Birthers...or people that believe youtube polls citing 2/3rds.

No need for a poll. It's birthers, hands down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies