Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 12:12 PM

28,163 posts, read 25,362,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Truth of the matter is that some gays are horrible and evil people as are some lesbians horrible and evil people. They are people. Some are good and caring wonderful people but some are horrible and evil as well. Being gay does not make you a Saint.
Where did she say that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2012, 12:14 PM

25,867 posts, read 16,582,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
Ya know, when my gay and lesbian friends are able to marry their partners in every state in this country and can then not have to worry about , say adding their spouse to their medical policies or preparing tax returns as a married couple or signing a contract (of any kind) as a married couple, I'd bet that they would "leave you alone".
I still don't care. Yes it should be legal. Gays are equal citizens.

Again, leave us alone because most of us are sick of the subject.

Old 06-27-2012, 12:16 PM

25,867 posts, read 16,582,661 times
One more post on the subject. I predict they will never be happy. As soon as marriage is legal for them they will immediately file a lawsuit against the Catholic Church so they can be married there as well, then the Baptist ect. It will never end.

Old 06-27-2012, 12:47 PM

28,163 posts, read 25,362,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I still don't care. Yes it should be legal. Gays are equal citizens.

Again, leave us alone because most of us are sick of the subject.
Then stop reading topics on a message board about the subject.

Old 06-27-2012, 12:49 PM

18,492 posts, read 31,709,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
If you haven't figured it out by this point, you're either willfully ignorant or just plain dumb.

he is....

Old 06-27-2012, 01:17 PM

1,909 posts, read 2,543,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Do you actually listen to what you are saying?
Hells bells, I cant have any more children, should I be forced to divorce and withdraw from society?
What a ridiculous post.
That's the way I am reading it.

Quote:
Take your "god given right" and shove it.

Marriage in the United States IS a "government granted privilege/RIGHT" available to its free, tax paying citizens.

"Breeding pairs" have no special right to enter into marriage vs. non-breeding pairs - heterosexual or non. There is no quota for the amount of people that can get married, with "natural breeders" given preference over the infertile, old, or impotent!

Seriously dude, this is like high school level civics stuff. No excuses for this level of ignorance.

I bet this argument sounded better in your head than it does once you typed it out onto the screen, didn't it?
Gee, I didn't know I had to get married to become a breeding "mare" . Seriously, I hate the very thought of being married.
But then, I don't have any god in my life. I enjoy living my life on my own terms. No place for sky daddies here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Deny it all you wish. Marriage was created by religion and is the reason there is so much backlash about allowing freaks of nature to be considered a breeding couple, under the eyes of GOD, to create the next generation of life.
Are single mothers "freaks of nature" too? Sure I used a man to "breed" but we have never been a "couple".
Again, your god is not a part of everyone's life. Keep it to yourself, or take it to the religious forums.

Quote:
That's his name down at the Cherokee Nation: "Manwhobeatdeadshorse"
Thanks for the laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Originally "marriage" was a private, binding contract between clans (families) to form an alliance, thereby increasing the clan's chances for survival in war against rival clans. A "dowry" was given by each clan to "seal the deal". Marriage was contractual, considered a passing of "property" between clans as a symbol of intention to honor the agreement being made. Property took many forms: cattle, land, children, whatever was considered to be of great value at the time. In the United Kingdom, a requirement for a public announcement in a Christian parish (banns of marriage) was introduced by the Roman Catholic Church in 1215. This set the precedent for marriage as is recognized by the Christian community.
Read more: When was institution of marriage invented

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Then stop reading topics on a message board about the subject.
I know, seems to be such a simple solution!

Old 06-27-2012, 01:20 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,235,117 times
Quote:
Deny it all you wish. Marriage was created by religion and is the reason there is so much backlash about allowing freaks of nature to be considered a breeding couple, under the eyes of GOD, to create the next generation of life.
Proof religion established marriage? It's okay. I'll wait.

Old 06-27-2012, 01:22 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,235,117 times
Quote:
Yes it is.

What government has created is nothing more than a legal contract, that can be broken and dissolved at will.

There was a time long ago, when the church that married you, had to grant the divorce, and that rarely happened.
Wrong. It's a secular, civil, LEGAL agreement handled by the government. The religious entity doesn't give you the tax breaks or other benefits the government does.

It's okay, take all the time you need to realize you're wrong.

Old 06-27-2012, 01:27 PM

537 posts, read 820,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Really? Try to get married in the State of Florida if you're gay.
Hell, that applies to over forty US States currently.

Old 06-27-2012, 01:33 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,045,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redvelvet709 View Post
Agreed. Poor me, poor us, we are soooooo hated and alone...yakkity shmakkity.
If thr givernment told you you are not allowed to get married.. Youd be doing thr upyakkity shmakkity
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies