Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 05:26 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times

Advertisements

Mandatres are great if you are Gay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2012, 05:28 AM

59,086 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Some are going to go back and try to twist what Romney said.

Remember when George H Bush ran and promised, "Read my lips, no new taxes"? Then when we got into a fight over the budget and he sat down with the dems and ,Oh my gosh, COMPROMISED with the dems.

Then the same dems he had just negotiated with immediately ran to the media and proclaimed, '"He broke his promise".

How many time did Obama and his people say, "It is NOT a tax" when asked about the "penalty" for not having insurance?

He will be portrayed as lying to the people.

It hurt Bush in his re-election. This will certainly hurt Obama.

Old 06-29-2012, 08:16 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,600,753 times
Question hmm...

Can Mitt Romney be trusted to lead when he has no position on any issue of importance?

Romney is clearly incapable of the decisive mindset necessary be CIC.

Last edited by walidm; 06-29-2012 at 09:28 PM..

Old 06-29-2012, 08:22 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Man, I miss Law & Order. And I just can't believe that Romney is going to be the Republican candidate for President. Going to be a lot of Republicans holding their noses when they vote, that is if they can even bring themselves to show up to do so.
You and I finally agree.

I have said for years that I would never vote for Romney for prez. Of all the people in the United States and this is the best we can come up with? Pathetic!

Old 06-29-2012, 08:49 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,580,750 times
How in the world did the party get this empty suit as their nominee for President? There is absolutely NOTHING to the guy at all. He stands for nothing, he has no ideas at all on how to solve anything. He is the most blatent flip flopper I have ever seen or heard. If he says something and the polls show him it's not a popular comment he will try the 180% switch around and see if that gets some support. I really wonder why the guy wants to be president in the first place. I can't figure it out at all. I mean the guy's claim to fame is that he was a very successful corporate raider. That is probably the worst kind of parasite the free enterprise system ever created. Anything and everything for a buck. If it means distroying American jobs and American industry it's just perfectly fine to send those jobs and that production overseas somewhere as long as the corporate raider gets his slice of the action.

Buy up a company that is doing OK. Buy it very heavily leveraged, using federally insured funds from your friendly bankster. Borrow heavily against the company and pay yourself all the $$$ you invested plus a big pile. Then start taking the company apart piece by piece. Sell the property and buildings to a holding company you also own, and pocket that. Lease the building back and pocket that. Sell off equipment that is not making a profit this minute. Rape that enterprise of every single cent you can. When you are done wrecking an enterprise that has maybe employed generations of Americans you then sell of the what's left, the patents, knowhow and customers to some Chinese operator. This is exactly what companies like Bain do every day. Can you really want a guy who made nearly a billion dollars off the backs of American workers and businessmen in this fashion to become your president????

All I can say is, that if you do and if he gets elected you will surely deserve what you are going to get.
Royally screwed!!!!!!!!

Old 06-29-2012, 09:06 PM

37,218 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
"You backed away from mandates on the national"

" Oh no, I like mandates, The mandates work. Let me tell you what kind of mandates I like" -- Romney

"The kind you come up with" - Fred Thompson

Ouch

Mitt Romney Likes Mandates - YouTube
Gee. I didn't even know he was gay...

Old 06-29-2012, 09:54 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,505,887 times
Wonder why this thread isn't getting a lot of conservative play
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies