Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 05:43 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad58 View Post
Nope, it was invented in the mid 1800's by a little something that historians like to call the "industrial revolution." Ever heard of it?

Oh that's right. It's not mentioned in the bible, so it couldn't have really happened.

But, since we're talking about birth dates, I can add that the teabagger party was invented in 2008 by bigotry, fear, greed, religious fanaticism, and ignorance. You know, the wingnuts favorite law firm?
You win the "most childish post" award.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2012, 05:47 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,369,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brockp0084 View Post
I thoguht it was invented by al gore? sorta like the internet was as well. hehe
Actually Algore didn't invent Global Warming.....

He merely discovered the Ka-ching effect. It is very lucrative I hear.

As for the internets, I dunno.........

I'm still LMAO regarding Love Story.

Old 07-01-2012, 07:13 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,464,007 times
(I haven't read this thread only the title...the only thing I can think of is...)

I AM THE GOD OF HELLFIRE AND I BRING YOU
...FIRE...

Old 07-01-2012, 01:40 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
(I haven't read this thread only the title...the only thing I can think of is...)

I AM THE GOD OF HELLFIRE AND I BRING YOU
...FIRE...
so how have you been hades?

Old 07-01-2012, 04:51 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
Nope, it was invented in the mid 1800's by a little something that historians like to call the "industrial revolution." Ever heard of it?

Oh that's right. It's not mentioned in the bible, so it couldn't have really happened.

But, since we're talking about birth dates, I can add that the teabagger party was invented in 2008 by bigotry, fear, greed, religious fanaticism, and ignorance. You know, the wingnuts favorite law firm?
Had nothing to do with it.

You forget in 1783 volcanos on Iceland erupted throwing so much junk in the sky it caused global cooling.

Now, taking that into consideration.............wouldn't all the crap we throw into the air cause the earth to cool?

Food for thought for those who genuflect to al-Gore's church of global warming.

Old 07-01-2012, 05:01 PM

589 posts, read 851,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Had nothing to do with it.

You forget in 1783 volcanos on Iceland erupted throwing so much junk in the sky it caused global cooling.

Now, taking that into consideration.............wouldn't all the crap we throw into the air cause the earth to cool?

Food for thought for those who genuflect to al-Gore's church of global warming.

Oh, good grief.

Have you ever heard of the Ozone?

Are you aware of the Ozone layers roll in the absorption of harmful UV rays?

Are you aware of the impact that the release of large quantities of man-made organohalogen compounds, especially chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs) and bromofluorocarbons are having on the Ozone? (or as you say, "all the crap we throw into the air")

Are you aware of the impact a permanently damaged and depleated Ozone layer would have on all life on Earth?

I think you need to sit this discussion out.

Old 07-01-2012, 05:31 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Oh, good grief.

Are you aware of the impact that the release of large quantities of man-made organohalogen compounds, especially chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs) and bromofluorocarbons are having on the Ozone? (or as you say, "all the crap we throw into the air")

Are you aware of the impact a permanently damaged and depleated Ozone layer would have on all life on Earth?

Oh, good grief.

You go on a rant from nowhere about the tea party (in an MGW thread) and have the nerve to tell others they should sit out this discussion? You have balls the size of watermellons. That must be where all the gray matter settled.

Ozone hole - Images: NASA says ozone layer is healing - CNET News

It's been 7 years since NASA published data showing the ozone is healing, and because it is healing it will add to the greenhouse effect. Because halogenated hydrocarbons were removed from the atmosphere, the ozone is no longer threatened.

The latest scientific survey shows the healing process is continuing (March 2012)
Scientific Report Confirms Reduced UV Ray Exposures - SPIEGEL ONLINE

Maybe you should sit this one out and take a moment to review your data.

Old 07-01-2012, 05:38 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Oh, good grief.

oh yeah, the ozone layer. you do realize that the greatest threat to the ozone is in fact the same thing that creates ozone right? namely our sun.

Old 07-01-2012, 11:14 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,937,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
oh yeah, the ozone layer. you do realize that the greatest threat to the ozone is in fact the same thing that creates ozone right? namely our sun.
His mom and dad must not have caught him on their computer yet. I put him on ignore... Much easier...

Old 07-02-2012, 12:22 AM

589 posts, read 851,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post

[MOD CUT]

Humans can and do have a major impact on the ozone layer. Just because the Sun may also have some degree of impact, doesn't mean that other things completely within our control don't ALSO have a very important impact.

It has always been the mantra of the teabaggers that there's nothing we can do, or have ever done, to impact or change the rate of global warming.

That way, you can rationalize why it's ok to continue to rape and pillage all of the Earth's resources, without any concern for the impact on future generations. It's all so short sighted, and self serving.

Obviously, saying that humans have not, and can not, impact global warming is total BS.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 07-03-2012 at 08:45 PM.. Reason: personal attack
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies