Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2007, 12:27 AM

1,499 posts, read 4,832,188 times

Advertisements

Even if Democrats win in 2008, troops will STAY in Iraq until at least 2014!!

I am surprised nobody is talking about this in the forum. This has been the talk of town since the last Dem debate.

Even the left-wing extremist Obama had to admit this reality. If the USA pulls out now, Iran will move on and we might actually have a regional war and possibly a World War.

So the Dems admitted in their last debate the US will stay in Iraq until at least 2014. Of course, their thing will be "we inherited the mess from Bush, so now we have to stay".

Without this issue, can the Dems win against the GOP??? I am seriously doubting it. Iraq is all they really have against the GOP, but if the Dems and the GOP are both for staying in Iraq until at least 2014, can Dems win by selling their rethoric?

I bet George Soros and his organizations (MoveON and Media Matters) are FUMING right now!! LOL Soros has spent over $100 MILLION to make sure the USA gets our of Iraq and lets genocide and war take over the Middle East... he is not getting his way as much as he thought he was!! LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2007, 05:10 AM

7,731 posts, read 13,429,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana-Guy View Post

I am surprised nobody is talking about this in the forum. This has been the talk of town since the last Dem debate.

Even the left-wing extremist Obama had to admit this reality. If the USA pulls out now, Iran will move on and we might actually have a regional war and possibly a World War.

So the Dems admitted in their last debate the US will stay in Iraq until at least 2014. Of course, their thing will be "we inherited the mess from Bush, so now we have to stay".

Without this issue, can the Dems win against the GOP??? I am seriously doubting it. Iraq is all they really have against the GOP, but if the Dems and the GOP are both for staying in Iraq until at least 2014, can Dems win by selling their rethoric?

I bet George Soros and his organizations (MoveON and Media Matters) are FUMING right now!! LOL Soros has spent over $100 MILLION to make sure the USA gets our of Iraq and lets genocide and war take over the Middle East... he is not getting his way as much as he thought he was!! LOL
How unfortunate.

Quote:
can the Dems win against the GOP?
I hope not!

Old 09-28-2007, 05:53 AM

2,011 posts, read 3,878,903 times
Hopefully this truth will get out and be widespread. The GOP NEEDS to win and we NEED a true conservative to lead it! The biggest problem in my mind is that the GOP has lost their message of less government. They've become too much like the DemocRATS and this has to stop!

Old 09-28-2007, 06:02 AM

10,203 posts, read 27,120,494 times
NG, I wonder if you realize that on a google search of the name Soros, this post and others will come up. When I search for my own screen name, occasionally, I find that people have done a search on it.

There are always those that might say some of the posts are inflammatory, and in the case of Media Matters, it was documented that Mr. Soros has no affiliation, provides no active funds and that the organisation is rather independent. In fact, I believe Media Matters was quite annoyed, angry in fact, with Mr. O'Reilly for espousing this connection.

You might wish to refrain from wording your posts with such vitriol, accusations of this kind can come back to bite.

Quote:

Old 09-28-2007, 07:30 AM

5,110 posts, read 7,140,512 times
Get your facts straight. Actually get the facts. Russ asked them if they would promise to have all troops out. That's an unrealistic promise and the Democrats you refer to wouldn't make it. It is a mess from Bush and the Republicans that enable it to continue, but that doesn't mean that it can just end in weeks or months. It will take a while to scale down, but the key is actually scaling it down, not to continue in this ill-faited incompetent policy.

The children made a big mess that will take the adults a while to clean up.

I know that Billy likes to rant about Soros, instead of his own mob boss Rupe, or Dick Scaife who have done more to hurt this country then Soros could even dream of.... and I know that attacking an organization whose purpose is to be a watchdog and merely documents the slimey antics of Billy and Co. is all that Billy can do. They have his words, not theirs. And Billy gets even more irrational when they merely call him out on it.

He wants to be an irration bully, fine. But he should stand up for his ridiculous rhetoric instead of denying he said and then attack the group that documented it.

Old 09-28-2007, 09:22 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,476,088 times
Quote:
Even if Democrats win in 2008, troops will STAY in Iraq until at least 2014!! I am surprised nobody is talking about this in the forum. This has been the talk of town since the last Dem debate.
Actually, it was already the 'talk of the town' back in 2002 when we were telling you that if you went into Iraq, you'd better be prepared to stay for decades. We were ridiculed...assured that we'd be in and out of there in 90 days...120 tops. Now you're actually up on a soap box trying to take credit for having been so fantastically wrong all along? Having been so much more prescient back in 2002, let me offer another prediction for you now: The stain of this war will never be washed from the hands of The Right...

Old 09-28-2007, 09:45 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,630,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Actually, it was already the 'talk of the town' back in 2002 when we were telling you that if you went into Iraq, you'd better be prepared to stay for decades. We were ridiculed...assured that we'd be in and out of there in 90 days...120 tops. Now you're actually up on a soap box trying to take credit for having been so fantastically wrong all along? Having been so much more prescient back in 2002, let me offer another prediction for you now: The stain of this war will never be washed from the hands of The Right...
So if the left in their infinite wisdom knew this, why did so many of them vote to authorize the war?

Seems to me like their hands are still just as dirty, only they get let off the hook by too many for their authorization.

As much as I dislike Hillary, I will give her a lot of credit for refusing to apologize about her vote.

Old 09-28-2007, 09:55 AM

223 posts, read 604,279 times
Quote:

I don't know what is sadder - the fact that we are going to lose more of our honorable men and women in Iraq over a lie of a war that was intiated mostly by corporate greed if we do stay until 2014 - or the fact that you are actually gloating about it.

Are you mental? What is wrong with you?

I know your mommy didn't give you enough attention or something wheny ou were little, but you need to let this whole total and complete hatred of anyone who disagrees with you thing go - It oozes insecurity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies