Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 07:45 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Oh, please. Do you know NOTHING beyond RWNJ spin?

1. Truck drivers are required to purchase, and carry, tire chains in some states during the winter, whether they need them or not.

2. All motorist's are required to purchase insurance. You will be fined if you don't have it.

3. Every business is required to purchase a license before they can open.

4. Most homeowners are required to purchase a building permit before doing home improvements.

5. In most states, fire inspections are mandatory for businesses and they may be required to purchase updated protection equipment if needed.

6. Many locations, such as the town I live near (Denison, Texas) have home appearance standards under which the city may require you to purchase and install such things as blinds or drapes (that actually happened to my son). You can be fined if you don't.

The list goes on and on.

Where on earth do you get the idea that government can't require you to purchase something? Or, that it's something Barack Obama dreamed up all on his own? Hell, every time you buy a car you're required to purchase airbags, whether you want them or not!
I realize you'll probably never be able to see the difference, BUT...........

Taxes/penalties on all of the endeavors you mentioned are easily avoided by simply not participating; i.e., don't buy or drive a car, don't open a business, don't buy a house, yada yada.

Our only alternative to not participating on O'Care is to stop breathing.

See how easy it is to understand when you use your brain?

Old 07-02-2012, 07:51 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
This maybe nanny state but can't be compared to the Healthcare Hydra here in the US.

Old 07-02-2012, 07:52 AM

14,022 posts, read 15,022,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by to570717 View Post
All Americans are REQUIRED to get married and have Children or face a tax penalty.........
No your taxes stay the same if your have children, but then they give some back, because its a refund, so you know, the kids can eat, and be clothed, did you know if no one had children, there would be no America in 50-55 years.

Old 07-02-2012, 08:20 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,922,570 times
My advice ..... don't drive in France if you don't want to follow their rules.

Anyway, they have excellent public transport and their high speed trains are outstanding.

Old 07-02-2012, 08:33 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,951,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Maybe the French police dept can't afford to buy the breathalyzer tests anymore.
Ever think of that ? Maybe it's a budget problem on their part.

I would say the solution to that is to have them buy the tests as they have been, then on any positive tests that result in a conviction, the offender must pay a fine that covers the cost of the kit. Those that are a negative, the police eat the cost. This way, those who do not drink or drink responsibly aren't picking up the costs for those who are not. By dictating that all carry such, it is just another cost imposed on law abiding citizens to cover the unlawful.

Old 07-02-2012, 08:35 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,951,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by to570717 View Post
All Americans are REQUIRED to get married and have Children or face a tax penalty.........
More likely it will be used in conjunction with the whole "green/sustainability" scheme to force people into lifestyles that fit the "agendas" expectations. This is just another part of the "control" aspects of those movements.

Old 07-02-2012, 08:40 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times
i guess the companys that make these breathalyzer kits are going to make a killiing..even the non drinkers get punished

Old 07-02-2012, 08:48 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,959,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
... non drinkers...
In France?

Old 07-02-2012, 08:54 AM

1,001 posts, read 1,989,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post
No your taxes stay the same if your have children, but then they give some back, because its a refund, so you know, the kids can eat, and be clothed, did you know if no one had children, there would be no America in 50-55 years.
Not really, it is a tax penalty.....Listen, I am for the ACA. I work in healthcare and I know how broken the system is. The bill is not this scary monster that will kill America. In fact, the Heritage Foundation really drafted the core elements of this bill using their battle cry of individual responsibility.

We can not sustain the current way of doing things when you have people who do not have insurance getting sick or hurt. EVERYONE needs to have insurance.

Old 07-02-2012, 10:58 AM

15,092 posts, read 8,634,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Oh, please. Do you know NOTHING beyond RWNJ spin?

1. Truck drivers are required to purchase, and carry, tire chains in some states during the winter, whether they need them or not.

2. All motorist's are required to purchase insurance. You will be fined if you don't have it.

3. Every business is required to purchase a license before they can open.

4. Most homeowners are required to purchase a building permit before doing home improvements.

5. In most states, fire inspections are mandatory for businesses and they may be required to purchase updated protection equipment if needed.

6. Many locations, such as the town I live near (Denison, Texas) have home appearance standards under which the city may require you to purchase and install such things as blinds or drapes (that actually happened to my son). You can be fined if you don't.

The list goes on and on.

Where on earth do you get the idea that government can't require you to purchase something? Or, that it's something Barack Obama dreamed up all on his own? Hell, every time you buy a car you're required to purchase airbags, whether you want them or not!
Where on earth do you get the idea that simply counting a list of intrusions makes them legitimate things to do?

You know, following your logic, cannibals can say eating people is perfectly legitimate because they are doing it? Killing native Americans in the 1800's was OK because the Union army was doing it? Black people really were not human beings because the Supreme Court said so a couple hundred years ago?

Spending your entire life on your knees is terrible for you posture ... in case no one has bothered to inform you. But I can see the advantages for you boot lickers .... if you're going to lick every boot that comes along nowadays, you might just as well stay down there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies