Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 09:53 AM

5,466 posts, read 4,421,655 times

Advertisements

Not sure why the first time I posted this it was deleted?? This time I added more information.

If you are of the Muslim religion, you can opt-out of Obamacare and not pay the tax. You don't have to give all the new Obamacare healthcare reform regulations and penalties another thought. Because the concept of being compelled to participate in such a healthcare program offends Islamic sensibilities, Muslims are specifically exempt.

There are several reasons why an individual could claim exemption, being a member of a religion that does not believe in insurance is one of them. Islam is one of those religions. Muslims believe that health insurance is “haraam”, or forbidden; because they liken the ambiguity and probability of insurance to gambling.

Is ObamaCare - America's first Islamic Tax (jizya) on non-muslims? Sure looks like it.

If you are Muslim you can opt out of the Obamacare health care reform laws with no penalties - Phoenix Small Business Management | Examiner.com

Patient Opt Out | Opt Out of Obamacare | Muslims Get to Opt Out!

Muslim you may claim a special religious exemption to Obama-Care. Jews and Christians, you can not opt out without paying the tax. It has nothing to do with your dear leader being a muslim. Obamacare upholds the koran but not our constitution.

Of course Obama who is of the Muslim faith wants to move more people to his faith. So denounce you are a Christian and go Muslim.

Last edited by eRayP; 07-03-2012 at 11:19 AM..

Old 07-03-2012, 10:03 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,447,778 times
As you could expect of pretty much anything coming from the mouths of bitter social conservatives... this claim is complete bull****.

Some moron came up with it as a smear attempt, and stupid people believe it because...well, they're stupid.

snopes.com: Health Insurance Exemptions

http://www.factcheck.org/2010/05/dhi...lim-exemption/

Old 07-03-2012, 10:18 AM

So you are the expert ambient? Remember, we had to wait until the bill was passed so we could find out whats in it and you are already an expert. Are you that easy that you will defend this administration and its anti-constitutional laws that as we learn more and more, if it is anti-Obama you will again blindly defend without evidence?

Just like the middle class defended and believed Obama when he said that the middle class will not have to pay a dime more in taxes, and it was proven that the middle class WILL pay more in taxes, you still defend no matter what? For me, I will continue to investigate to see if Muslims can opt out without paying more taxes before I make the final decision of truth.

Does anyone have any proof that Muslims are not given the special exemption and will not have to pay a tax if they opt out of Obamacare?

If Muslims can opt-out without paying a tax then Christians and Jewish should opt-out under the 14th amendment.

Last edited by eRayP; 07-03-2012 at 10:30 AM..

Old 07-03-2012, 10:25 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,813,019 times
eRayP... repeat after me: Allah-hu-Akbar!

Old 07-03-2012, 10:42 AM

ambient claims knowledge of the contents of Obamacare and claims that Muslims are not given a special exemption and that it was a smear attempt against Obama and I am looking for evidence one way or another. I asked a reasonable question, Does anyone have any proof that Muslims are not given the special exemption and will have to pay a tax if they opt out of Obamacare?

EinsteinGhost, you have a problem with that or is your sarcasm your evidence and as intelligent as your answer gets?

Old 07-03-2012, 10:47 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,905,533 times
Please. Can we just stop making up complete BS. Aren't there enough factually based things to argue about without inventing pure lies whole cloth? Sorry, no matter what your fantasies are there simply are no religious exemptions, oh, and less then 1% of the population will ever have to pay the penalty and even then it would be entirely avoidable. Even if you decide to never buy health insurance not much will happen to you since they can only take your tax refund and can't put a lien on property, garnish wages, or seize assets. You can even avoid the tax return issue by adjusting your individual withholding amount.

Some people are just creating non-factually based garbage, please, for the love of god, at least argue about issues which actually exist.

Old 07-03-2012, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
EinsteinGhost, you have a problem with that or is your sarcasm your evidence and as intelligent as your answer gets?
It got more than this thread deserves.

Old 07-03-2012, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
Even if you decide to never buy health insurance not much will happen to you since they can only take your tax refund and can't put a lien on property, garnish wages, or seize assets. You can even avoid the tax return issue by adjusting your individual withholding amount.
They can only take your tax refund?

If there is no tax for opting out of Obamacare then why do I have to adjust my withholding amount?

Old 07-03-2012, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
It got more than this thread deserves.
I can't say you did a better job providing proof to the contrary on this post either EinsteinsGhost.

Old 07-03-2012, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
I can't say you did a better job providing proof to the contrary on this post either EinsteinsGhost.
There is no need to. So, repeat after me...

Allah-Hu-Akbar!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies