Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 07:57 AM

2,930 posts, read 2,225,797 times

Advertisements

Happy Fourth of July!!!

Many Americans are now TERRORISTS according to a study funded by Homeland Security:
A new study funded by the Department of Homeland Security characterizes Americans who are “suspicious of centralized federal authority,” and “reverent of individual liberty” as “extreme right-wing” terrorists.

Entitled Hot Spots of Terrorism and Other Crimes in the United States, 1970-2008 (PDF), the study was produced by the National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism at the University of Maryland. The organization was launched with the aid of DHS funding to the tune of $12 million dollars.
Commonsense & Wonder

According to segments of the link, Americans are terrorists if they:
believe their “way of life” is under attack

[LEFT]are “fiercely nationalistic (as opposed to universal and international in orientation)”;

consider themselves “anti-global” (presumably those who are wary of the loss of American sovereignty)

are “suspicious of centralized federal authority”

are “reverent of individual liberty”

“believe in conspiracy theories that involve grave threat to national sovereignty and/or personal liberty.”[/LEFT]
[LEFT]These types of studies, linked with the "See Something, Say Something" Act, should make a lot of Americans nervous. Didn't realize that we are surrounded by millions of terrorist every day.

[/LEFT]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2012, 08:12 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Well think about this. They are a US agency. They can't go hunting down and chasing terrorists outside our borders.
If they can only operate in the US it would seem natural that they have to suspect US right ?

"We are our own worst enemy" is what the DHS motto should be.

And this "terrorist" label so quickly put on people has totally marginalized what terrorists and terrorism is really about, mind games. The terrorists have won. Just look at DHS and what it has become over the past decade if you don't believe me. Look at what Americans allow in the name of "national security".

Old 07-04-2012, 08:13 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Jack with me and I'll terrorize you, daily!

I agree with them.

Old 07-04-2012, 08:31 AM

Those of us who place a premium on personal liberty, who still believe in the ideals of American Exceptionalism, and have a healthy skepticism regarding our Federal government and world government organiations such as the United Nations, are far from being terrorists.

According to the definitions in the study, most of our Founding Fathers were terrorists, and those of us who believe in the Constitution of the United States instead of the United Nations Charter are terrorists as well. Homeland Security just spent $12 million dollars for nothing.

Old 07-04-2012, 08:47 AM

3,709 posts, read 4,630,465 times
We really need to investigate the bureaucrats in this country who write such crap.

Old 07-04-2012, 09:25 AM

6,864 posts, read 12,085,192 times
Today is July 4th and as a patriot, I am displaying the Flag in front of my house. According to Homeland Security, I can be classified as a terrorist.

Old 07-04-2012, 09:29 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,393,237 times
They needed to conduct a study just to confirm that there are lots of cops in the U.S.?

Old 07-04-2012, 09:32 AM

8,633 posts, read 9,144,630 times
I got spooked when this department was created. The "Homeland" the "Fatherland?". It just doesn't sound right. It's this kind of Federal growth that divides this nation.

Old 07-04-2012, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
I got spooked when this department was created. The "Homeland" the "Fatherland?". It just doesn't sound right. It's this kind of Federal growth that divides this nation.
Likewise the "See Something, Say Something" Act reminds one of the Nazis encouraging people (especially children) to report anti-Nazis activities, either real or perceived.

A parallels are scary,.....but then bringing that to the public's attention could be considered "TERRORISTIC" by Homeland Security standards.

Old 07-04-2012, 09:55 AM

45,237 posts, read 26,470,793 times
Americas version of the KGB, we have become what we once loathed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies