Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 02:13 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
The guy who started this, Aaron Sorkin is White, yet you turned this into a thread bashing the Black members on this forum. You also suggested that Chris Rock move to Africa, yet made no reference to where Sorkin should move to. Is it because he is a "true" American, unlike Chris Rock??
You missed him mentioning Iran and north Korea
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2012, 02:14 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,137,483 times
Quote:
You are out of line to assume that about the Black members on here and to attack them for what other people said. Way out of line and pretty racist
It wasnt directed at every black person. It was for those who have anger towards America, such as the tweeters.

And yes, I know some of the people who hate this country are white and all other colors. The same message goes to them as well. Especially those that use race as some tactic to hate on this country. There are whites who also feel America is bad and slavery might as well be thought of as its still happening today and people are suppose to carry some hate and grudge against America for God knows how long.

Old 07-04-2012, 02:14 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,163,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
You missed him mentioning Iran and north IKorea
He didn't tell Sorkin to go anywhere, all those comments were towards Rock. Besides, Iran and N. Korea are countries hostile to the USA, Africa is not, so not sure I understand the reference, unless.....

Old 07-04-2012, 02:16 PM

Quote:
The guy who started this, Aaron Sorkin is White, yet you turned this into a thread bashing the Black members on this forum. You also suggested that Chris Rock move to Africa, yet made no reference to where Sorkin should move to. Is it because he is a "true" American, unlike Chris Rock??
I gave a short list of countries. I could list more. It goes to any of these anti-Americans. Move there, and "research" every other countries history, and then tell me how bad and evil America is.

Old 07-04-2012, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
It wasnt directed at every black person. It was for those who have anger towards America, such as the tweeters. .
It seemed like your comments were directed towards the Black readers of this forum, and I don't understand why you had to single out the Black members. Actually I do.

Old 07-04-2012, 02:17 PM

Quote:
He didn't tell Sorkin to go anywhere, all those comments were towards Rock. Besides, Iran and N. Korea are countries hostile to the USA, Africa is not, so not sure I understand the reference, unless.....
I singled him out by name particularly because he was the most well known of the tweeters I read. Most would have to look up Sorkin to figure out anything about him.

Old 07-04-2012, 02:21 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
You should denounce the people he is referencing unless you think their characterization is accurate?
Funny NOT, she gave those people a pass, now who needs a reality check........... Chris Rock what a waste.

Old 07-04-2012, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
I gave a short list of countries. I could list more. It goes to any of these anti-Americans. Move there, and "research" every other countries history, and then tell me how bad and evil America is.
Africa is not a country

Old 07-04-2012, 02:23 PM

Quote:
It seemed like your comments were directed towards the Black readers of this forum, and I don't understand why you had to single out the Black members. Actually I do.
Much of the hate from some of the tweets and views generally of these people have to do with race, slavery. I should have expounded more, but I couldve went on and on. Fact is, people like Rock and other 'stars' in Hollywood, are constantly using race and past ills of our country as something that can never be gotten past. Its ideology like that that allow a "reverend" like Wright to even exist.

White, black, you cant celebrate 4th of July because of slavery how long ago? We've righted that wrong which never shouldve happened and we are a country of opportunity. Its frustrating to see people that have made it in this country, use their platform to tell their followers or others like them, that they are nothing but victims and this country is just a down right mean racist country.

Old 07-04-2012, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Africa is not a country
You know what I mean. Pick any country in Africa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies