Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2012, 11:07 AM

2,729 posts, read 5,371,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Well let's see Europeans and White Americans bow down and pray to the image of a Midldle Eastern looking Jesus.

Notice you don't see that too often.
What does that have to do with anything?

Old 07-06-2012, 11:09 AM

Quote:
No, I'm not mixing anything. The whole concept of race was designed to create a social hierarchy.
So... There weren't people of different races before somebody (presumably George Bush) came along and designed the whole thing, in order to create a social hierarchy?

Old 07-06-2012, 11:11 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,303,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George View Post
That's kind of a weird claim, considering the fact that the majority of Christians are not white.
In great part because they fell for the Okie-Doke of white European Christian colonist. It was all part of the systematic de-legitimization of native cultures and the assertion that European culture was superior and therefore European were justified in exploiting non-White people.

In short, Christianity became of tool for European colonist to exploit non-Europeans.

Old 07-06-2012, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Racism is not a established accepted thing with the GOP like it is with the Dems.

Congressional Black Caucus Foundation, Inc.-The Congressional Black Caucus Foundation, Inc.

People really should clean up their own backyards.
Then you have a lot of work to do.

Old 07-06-2012, 11:13 AM

Quote:
In great part because they fell for the Okie-Doke of white European Christian colonist. It was all part of the systematic de-legitimization of native cultures and the assertion that European culture was superior and therefore European were justified in exploiting non-White people.

In short, Christianity became of tool for European colonist to exploit non-Europeans.
Hahahaha - yeah, that makes sense!

The oppressed peoples of the world hated those Colonizing Christians so much that they chose to be just like them. Yep, makes PERFECT sense! And that's a PERFECT explanation for why there are more black Christians in America today, then at any other time in history!

Old 07-06-2012, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Are you trying to make the arguement that blacks are unable to choose what they believe on their own?
I will make the assertion that black Americans where basically duped into accepting Christianity after arriving in America and being stripped of their African language, culture, family lineage and other signs of cultural identity.

Christianity was introduced to African slaves to pacify them and keep them in a state of servitude. The fact that 92% of Black Americans still believe this garbage doesn't change the historical dynamics of how it was introduced to them.

Old 07-06-2012, 11:19 AM

Quote:
I will make the assertion that black Americans where basically duped into accepting Christianity after arriving in America and being stripped of their African language, culture, family lineage and other signs of cultural identity.

Christianity was introduced to African slaves to pacify them and keep them in a state of servitude. The fact that 92% of Black Americans still believe this garbage doesn't change the historical dynamics of how it was introduced to them.
Wow, so DesertDetroiter signed out, and now signed in using his "other" username.

That's a nice story, but it is - unfortunately - fiction.

Is that also the reason why most Southern Sudanese immigrants, who have come to the United States in the last 10 years, are Christians?

This fact remains: The majority of Christians in the world are NOT white. No amount of stammering and stuttering by you and DesertDetroiter (both the same person) is going to change that fact.

Old 07-06-2012, 11:21 AM

1,922 posts, read 3,986,842 times
Quote:

This is why I don't understand why my grandmother is so enamored with attending church and living a rigid "Christian" lifestyle.

I no longer attend church and I don't tithe to religious institutions so the pasters can pimp their rides and buy private jets.

Old 07-06-2012, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj21 View Post
This is why I don't understand why my grandmother is so enamored with attending church and living a rigid "Christian" lifestyle.

I no longer attend church and I don't tithe to religious institutions so the pasters can pimp their rides and buy private jets.
Why were you EVER going to a church where the pastor was doing that?

Old 07-06-2012, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George View Post
What does that have to do with anything?
It has a lot to Christianity as it's currently practiced in the world today. The image of a white Jesus is a implicit in the belief of white supremacy, which is why the father to the right of the political spectrum you go in this country the more Christian and the more racist things get.

There are those that have believe since the first Europeans came to North America that God had somehow bestowed America to them and that the United States of America is at its core A WHITE CHRISTIAN NATION. A considerable number of Americans still believe this and you will find that most of them are CONSERVATIVES.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies