Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 10:21 AM

37,809 posts, read 41,104,019 times

Advertisements

From two older posts of mine:

The next President has the ability to build confidence. Small business isn't making a move because they don't know when the next shoe will drop with this President. They are mired in regulation that costs time and money, see EPA and the NLRB in their faces, think utility costs will go through the roof because Obama punishes coal and gasoline people, have no idea if their taxes will increase because Obama wants to punish them for making money, don't know if the push to increase the minimum wage is coming down, are scared to death of Obamacare, and see the unions emboldened by the administration. They saw Obama declare war on the Chamber of Commerce. No matter what Obama does now, they don't trust him.

Romney needs to instill confidence. Romney needs to come in and make some moves right away to take the government off their backs. He needs to sit down with the Chamber of Commerce and ask what do they need to get people back to work. He needs to get rid of a lot of regulation passed in the last three years, work with Congress on tax cuts for businesses, free up ALL energy, shoot down Obamacare by any means possible by not putting any funding in it in his budgets to Congress, refuse to sign a minimum wage bill, tell the unions the party is over, dump the executive orders, tell the coal miners they are back in business, build the pipeline, tell the states not to expect the feds to bail them out so they better balance their budgets and tell companies that if they want to do green energy start up fine but it won't be on the taxpayers dime. He needs to tell the lawyers in the DOJ to find another job on Day One and he needs to tell car companies to make the cars people want.

He should tell both the House and Senate he means business about spending and use his VETO pen freely.

Once business/hiring picks up start Welfare and Food Stamp reform. People should do the jobs Americans won't do to get their checks. If the economy if better they can get a job on their own and will have an incentive not to do menial work.

Tax reform - stop incentivizing having more kids by giving tax breaks.

He needs to demote the EPA job killers and tell them this scam of their's is over:

"The EPA gives millions to the environmental groups that sue it. “When the EPA settles or loses those suits, it then awards the groups millions more in attorneys’ fees,” notes legal commentator Walter Olson. “‘The EPA isn’t harmed by these suits,’ said Jeffrey Holmstead, who was an EPA official during the Bush administration. ‘Often the suits involve things the EPA wants to do anyway. By inviting a lawsuit and then signing a consent decree, the agency gets legal cover from political heat.’"

"The cap-and-trade bill is chock full of costly corporate welfare, and would have a “trivially small” effect on greenhouse gas emissions while imposing an enormous cost, according to a former Obama Advisor. It is supported by the same special-interests and corporate rent-seekers who supported the stimulus package’s green-jobs provisions, which used tax dollars to outsource American jobs, subsidizing foreign “green jobs” that replaced thousands of American jobs. Recent EPA rules will wipe out at least 800,000 jobs. Two economists say the stimulus destroyed 550,000 jobs."

EPA Gives Millions to Green Groups That Sue It; Massive Funding Advantage for Enviro Groups and Green Welfare

He needs a Donald Trump type to go fight with China.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2012, 10:38 AM

371 posts, read 444,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
It does not look good for Bo.
Perhaps you missed this: //www.city-data.com/forum/elect...lease-who.html

And this: //www.city-data.com/forum/elect...ma-repeat.html

Not saying that these represent the final November results, but it "does not look good" for the other guy.

Old 07-07-2012, 11:08 AM

9,982 posts, read 13,788,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
The economy WILL improve with Obama gone. Simply because Obama does not give companies and the like confidence. I think a little confidence is at least, partially what is needed. Romney may not be our ideal choice for POTUS, but he will certainly give more confidence to the economy, than Obama.

I don't buy this confidence bs. I mean do those CEOs need a blanky and bed time kiss from the President? The bail out and stimulus gave them a lot more than that, and they still did not hire Americans. Corporations will hire when demand increases and they see a profit to be gained in doing so. This notion that the President needs to be a corporate cheerleader is ridiculous.

Old 07-07-2012, 11:14 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,512,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_windwalker View Post
But, with regards to the "recovery", Romney won't be any better.
Romney has resembled a deer caught in the haedlights of an oncoming truck when he's been asked to describe, disclose his plan(s) for dealing with the many challenges facing our nation. He's been at a loss and it's a criticism heard strongest from people who describe themselves as "Republican." Likewise, when he's asked to discuss how what's happening across the globe affects us and our economy and national security he seems only to mimick old Cold War rhetoric and voices embarassingly unintelligent commentary. So, as we're criticizing the President who was faced with dealing with a crisis which has its roots in the prior 8 years before he took office and a do nothing Congress ... let's hear from Mr. Romney ... with specifics ... so that voters can make a distinction/decision.

Old 07-09-2012, 10:26 AM

7,531 posts, read 5,783,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Considering that these taxes have been around long before Obama was in office, how is this his fault?
His administration is

a) Interpreting them differently than all other administrations before him
b) His administration is trying to collect them

I am surprised at the inability of some folks to see how anti-business this administration is.. Mind numbing actually and very scary. I know of several companies who refuse to hire until he is gone and that came directly from the mouths of the HR VP's

Old 07-09-2012, 10:38 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,479,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
His administration is

a) Interpreting them differently than all other administrations before him
b) His administration is trying to collect them

I am surprised at the inability of some folks to see how anti-business this administration is.. Mind numbing actually and very scary. I know of several companies who refuse to hire until he is gone and that came directly from the mouths of the HR VP's

Your 100% accurate. I know owners of some major copporations also, they cannot wait for Obama to go, and i mean like now. He is a killer of business anything business, unless of course he is bailing some major Car Plant out of their limb.

Not only that, it is the manner in which this President conducts business, with such a sucky negative attitude. That he can care less what the little guys really think, and he is the most anti-business President out there, don't get me started, have our own business, and he needs to fudgin go now.
The way i see it, not one person out there can be worse then Obama, and anyone i am sure would have a more mature adult attitude.

Not that bully type, disagree with me, oh yeah, there will be hell to pay, that is Obama's thug ways.

And he in no way in hell lived up to his promise, of Unity, and keeping unemployment below 8%. More women are unemployed then any other time, why is that, with the promises he bestowed upon us. More children are homeless and on welfare then any other time, why is that, with those fancy lines and promises he bestowed upon us all.

Fall for the crap once, a second time, if your stupid enough to buy what he is selling, then we deserve this economy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies