Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2012, 12:01 AM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
That is an enhancement.

Mother and child are more likely to survive due to medical technology aiding a natural process.

but how can we aid the creation of a child by two men?

It is impossible.
So freaking what? An estimated two million GLB people are interested in adopting.
An estimated 65,500 adopted children are living with a lesbian or gay parent. I guess you would prefer that these kids remain unwanted...Let me ask you, how many children have you adopted? I'll bet none.

Old 08-06-2012, 12:06 AM

5,190 posts, read 4,839,638 times
Why do we want to encourage homosexual values by allowing for this abomination anyway?

Gays have a certain look in their eyes due to evolutionary tendencies and quite possibly instinct.

So by allowing s.s marriage and adoption, the children of these couples, may well absorb some of this tendency.

That is not a good thing as it will lead to a dilution of the correct form of DNA.

Old 08-06-2012, 12:08 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,308,502 times
Quote:
Gays have a certain look in their eyes due to evolutionary tendencies and quite possibly instinct.

So by allowing s.s marriage and adoption, the children of these couples, may well absorb some of this tendency.

That is not a good thing as it will lead to a dilution of the correct form of DNA.

But just in case

Old 08-06-2012, 12:21 AM

It has been documented that homosexuals have a certain facial expression - due to evolutionary tendencies.

Acquired behaviours can also be absorbed and passed down as instinct to the next generation.

Old 08-06-2012, 12:31 AM

1,805 posts, read 1,467,323 times
Quote:
It has been documented that homosexuals have a certain facial expression - due to evolutionary tendencies.

Acquired behaviours can also be absorbed and passed down as instinct to the next generation.
Care to post a link to this documentation?

Old 08-06-2012, 01:22 AM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:

Good grief, you must be the quintessential poster boy for anti gay bigots believing such nonsense, either that or two of the toughest men I know really pulled the wool over my eyes, both being gay....

Old 08-06-2012, 01:26 AM

2,505 posts, read 2,326,943 times
Quote:
Can you prove that a gay couple is better or at least equal to a hetero couple in regards to parenting?

Can you prove that same sex marriage is logical in any way?

No, I thought not.
Yes we can.

Lesbians make great parents

And If you would read Zach Wahls book, "My Two Moms" also proves that a gay couple raising a child is just as good as a heterosexual couple.

There are several reason to allow same-sex marriage.

1. Think of all those wedding registries!!!! Stores like Target, Macy's, The Bon, and many more retailers would boom in many locations, possibly increasing jobs at those stores.
  2. To obtain a marriage license you need to pay a fee, this would increase money going to the government, increasing some jobs.
  3. An equal society is a happy society
  4. Denying them is a violation of religious freedom (civil and religious marriages are two separate institutions).
  5. Marriage benefits (such as joint ownership, medical decision-making capacity) should be available to all couples.
  6. Homosexuality is an accepted lifestyle nowadays with most evidence strongly supporting biological causation.
  7. Denying these marriages is a form of minority discrimination.
  8. It doesn't hurt society or anyone in particular.
  9. The only thing that should matter in marriage is love.
  10. The number of child adoptions should increase since gay couples cannot pro-create (although some might see an increase in gay adoptions as an argument against same-sex marriages).
  11. It encourages people to have strong family values and give up high-risk sexual lifestyles.
  12. The same financial benefits that apply to man-woman marriages apply to same-sex marriages.
The best logical reason for supporting same-sex marriage there is no logical reason to ban it.

Old 08-06-2012, 01:27 AM

2,505 posts, read 2,326,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0marvin0 View Post
Care to post a link to this documentation?
I would like to see this too. I would love to read such a study.

Old 08-06-2012, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raison_d'etre View Post
And If you would read Zach Wahls book, "My Two Moms" also proves that a gay couple raising a child is just as good as a heterosexual couple.
so Zach Wahls is proof now is he! - ha , ha that's absolutely ridiculous

what is it with this poster boy anyway - Zach speaks, Zach is the truth!

what a ****ing joke, ha ha

Zach is one man - he doesn't prove jack****!

can we please just forget about Zach Wehls already.

the biggest yawn of the whole debate

Old 08-06-2012, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raison_d'etre View Post
There are several reason to allow same-sex marriage.
where to start on most of this nonsense?

I'll have to get back to it later - a bit pushed for time right now.

but your first point, about Macy's - now that is truly absurd!

Last edited by Kenneth-Kaunda; 08-06-2012 at 04:04 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies