Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2012, 09:42 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,132,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by raison_d'etre View Post
So you have witnessed many homosexual men go for young boys?
finish what your getting at so I can answer

Old 07-14-2012, 09:43 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,382,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I DID ANSWER your questions from that article - remember?

Your LIES don't do you any credit.
Stop before you dig yourself even deeper. I know you'll never admit telling porky pies even though most are still there to see in that thread.

How about you look up this Journal article below and tell us your thoughts on the section titled

Misleading Representations of Research

which discusses how research, that only compared intact married families with low conflict with single mother families, was used. It starts on the 3rd page.

From The Journal of Marriage and Family Volume 72, Issue 1, pages 3–22, February 2010
The entrenched conviction that children need both a mother and a father inflames culture wars over single motherhood, divorce, gay marriage, and gay parenting. Research to date, however, does not support this claim. Contrary to popular belief, studies have not shown that "compared to all other family forms, families headed by married, biological parents are best for children" (Popenoe, quoted in Center for Marriage and Family, p. 1).
Research has not identified any gender-exclusive parenting abilities (with the partial exception of lactation). Our analysis confirms an emerging consensus among prominent researchers of fathering and child development. The third edition of Lamb's (1997) authoritative anthology directly reversed the inaugural volume's premise when it concluded that "very little about the gender of the parent seems to be distinctly important" (p. 10). Likewise, in Fath-erneed, Pruett (2000), a prominent advocate of involved fathering, confided, "I also now realize that most of the enduring parental skills are probably, in the end, not dependent on gender" (p. 18).

The full text article can be found here (for those who can access it)
How Does the Gender of Parents Matter? - Biblarz - 2010 - Journal of Marriage and Family - Wiley Online Library

Last edited by Ceist; 07-14-2012 at 10:08 PM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
No, no, continue the story. I wanna know what happened after you stopped that semi with your bare hands and hurled it through the air. And was that before the elves attacked you, or after?

what are you talking about

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
We just call you a coward, honestly.

Now answer this:

Gays and their desire to marry and raise children, affect me directly by:

1)
2)
3)
4)

Provide sources to back up your reasons.
A person who calls himself a military man - calling me a coward and asking a question he knows that I have already answered - many times.

Priceless.

You say that you served in the U.S. Navy - live up to the honor that status entails.

Don't lie.

Old 07-14-2012, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Of course it would be. One of my Girl Scout troop volunteers was a lesbian who lived with her partner. Even in the buckle of the Bible Belt, we all spent the night. Somehow we all managed to walk out of it unscathed.

I would hold no more qualms letting my child go on a Scouting trip with a gay or lesbian leader than I would letting them stay over at a friend's house with a parent of the opposite gender present.

You failed to answer and changed the story into lesbians....

Old 07-14-2012, 09:45 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,228,436 times
Quote:
A person who calls himself a military man - calling me a coward and asking a question he knows that I have already answered - many times.

Priceless.

You say that you served in the U.S. Navy - live up to the honor that status entails.

Don't lie.
Hey so are you finally ready to answer this?

Gays and their desire to marry and raise children, affect me directly by:

1)
2)
3)
4)

Provide sources to back up your reasons.

We're waiting!

2,505 posts, read 2,326,396 times
Quote:
No - they do.
No they don't it's a fact.

14,917 posts, read 13,099,924 times
Quote:

Priceless.

Don't lie.
You say you're a Christian - why don't you try live up to the honor that status entails?

Old 07-14-2012, 09:46 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,387,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raison_d'etre View Post
So you have witnessed many homosexual men go for young boys?
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
finish what your getting at so I can answer
How exactly do you not know how to answer such a simple "yes" or "no" question?

Or do you just need time to come up with "the truth"?

Old 07-14-2012, 09:46 PM

Heres the question again....and it needs an answer....an honest answer ( scout leaders are male...scouts are young guys

Whats your deal? would you think its ok for kids to be with homosexual scout leaders for the weekend ?

if not

then how can kids be with homosexuals at all in a society that looks out for young people?

if yes

I would be shocked
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies