Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2012, 10:14 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,491,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
WILLFUL IGNORANCE

(noun)
The practice or act of intentional and blatant avoidance, disregard or disagreement with facts, empirical evidence and well-founded arguments because they oppose or contradict your own existing personal beliefs.

This practice is most commonly found in the political or religious ideologies of "conservative" Americans.

Many times it is practiced due to laziness--people not wanting to have to do the work to rethink their opinions, the fear of the unknown, the fear of being wrong, or sometimes simply close-mindedness.
Willful ignorance?

I know how filthy you people are.

Old 07-13-2012, 10:14 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,415,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Don't bother jj, you can't have a rational adult discussion with someone who is so blinded by their prejudice against gay people that they willfully choose to remain not only ignorant but misinformed. All his opinions read straight from some anti-gay religious-based website - and that's all people like him have ever been able to come up with to support their prejudiced opinions.

People like this put their need for maintaining their prejudice above the safety and wellbeing of children.

The convolutions, mental distortions, denial, and downright lies some of these people will use to to maintain their prejudice is truly disturbing.

See this thread for example:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...edophilia.html

Old 07-13-2012, 10:15 PM

2,505 posts, read 2,331,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Just knock it off.
Knock what off? It's the truth. The truth needs to be heard, right?

Old 07-13-2012, 10:16 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,236,071 times
Quote:
Willful ignorance?

You people?

What do you mean "you people"?

Old 07-13-2012, 10:19 PM

2,505 posts, read 2,331,610 times
Quote:
Willful ignorance?

I take at least two showers a day, brush my teeth two or three times a day, do the dished after every meal, I only wear clean clothing, I vacuum every two days, my house is clean, even my mind is clean as I don't fill it with illogical and ignorant ideas.

Old 07-13-2012, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
People like this put their need for maintaining their prejudice above the safety and wellbeing of children.
Children don't need to be exposed to your ways.

Quote:
The convolutions, mental distortions, denial, and downright lies some of these people will use to to maintain their prejudice is truly disturbing.
Anal sex with another man is what is disturbing.

Old 07-13-2012, 10:21 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,236,071 times
Quote:
Children don't need to be exposed to your ways.
What ways? The American ways of living?

Quote:
Is that all you think about?

Old 07-13-2012, 10:22 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,623,972 times
Quote:
It's just so disturbing that you just can't stop thinking about it and writing about it on the Internet, can you?

Old 07-13-2012, 10:24 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,067,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raison_d'etre View Post
Yeah... I call false.
Why?

Two of my Christian brothers are gay - I wish that they would understand their sin as being true - but I think that only myself can reach them. These people are leaders in the church - which I have just become after a long layoff.

Homosexuality is a choice - and a sin

. "God so loved the world that he gave His only Son, so that the world may not be condemned, but have eternal life,".

- - John 3:16.

Old 07-13-2012, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
It's just so disturbing that you just can't stop thinking about it and writing about it on the Internet, can you?
Yup, that's all I think about.

Anal sex with another man.

You raise your kids your way - and I'll raise my kids my way. And screw Obama's evolution on gay marriage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies