Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2012, 10:45 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,623,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
More research data showing showing the harms waiting for children in gay households

The evidence indicates that "committed" homosexual relationships are radically different from married couples in several key respects:
· relationship duration
· monogamy vs. promiscuity
· relationship commitment
· number of children being raised
· health risks
· rates of intimate partner violence

The present evidence from gay activists themselves indicating that behind the push for gay marriage lies a political agenda to radically change the institution of marriage itself.

RELATIONSHIP DURATION
Gay activists often point to high divorce rates and claim that married couples fare little better than homosexuals with regard to the duration of their relationships. The research, however, indicates that male homosexual relationships last only a fraction of the length of most marriages.
Seriously? The Family Research Council, the motto for which is "Advancing Faith, Family, and Freedom"

Here's the link by the way: Comparing the Lifestyles of Homosexual Couples to Married Couples

Old 07-13-2012, 10:46 PM

2,505 posts, read 2,331,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Two of my Christian brothers are gay - I wish that they would understand their sin as being true - but I think that only myself can reach them. These people are leaders in the church - which I have just become after a long layoff.

Homosexuality is a choice - and a sin
Do you not read the bible? "So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her." John 8:7. I'm not even a christian and I know that one. Are you saying you are without sin? Oh, righteous one...

Old 07-13-2012, 10:47 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,138,976 times
In The Sexual Organization of the City, University of Chicago sociologist Edward Laumann argues that "typical gay city inhabitants spend most of their adult lives in 'transactional' relationships, or short-term commitments of less than six months."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Why don't you keep your agendas out of view from children?

You know it's wrong to teach a child to be something that it's not.
"It"? You consider a child an "it"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
I'm glad that my vote will cancel out yours in November.
You realize that it won't just be the two of us voting, right?

2,505 posts, read 2,331,738 times
Quote:
Good post

I think gay people have trouble focusing on these posts so its difficult to get an idea where they are at
Well, good thing I'm not one of them gay people. Try to keep up.

Old 07-13-2012, 10:48 PM

Research indicates that the average male homosexual has hundreds of sex partners in his lifetime:

Old 07-13-2012, 10:49 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,415,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
- Very, very well written.

Listen to GNT people - he is the voice of reason.
This is about child abuse and protecting children from harm. The fact that you are willing to completely ignore evidence-based facts from reputable health sources, and that you think this poster's insane rant against gay people is 'the voice of reason', is truly scary.

Old 07-13-2012, 10:49 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,236,224 times
Quote:
In The Sexual Organization of the City, University of Chicago sociologist Edward Laumann argues that "typical gay city inhabitants spend most of their adult lives in 'transactional' relationships, or short-term commitments of less than six months."
Funny - my best friend has been with her girlfriend for over 2 years. A male couple I know have been together for 5. I recently met two gay couples - one lesbian couple, the other men - who have been together for little over a year now. Oh and I live in Los Angeles.

Just pointing out that the study, while reputable for sure (I guess) isn't 100% factual or true.

Old 07-13-2012, 10:50 PM

Quote:
So you are arguing for gay marriage as an option then. Well I absolutely agree that marriage can lead to stability.

Old 07-13-2012, 10:50 PM

even "committed" homosexual relationships display a fundamental incapacity for the faithfulness and commitment that is axiomatic to the institution of marriage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies