Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2012, 10:51 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,616,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
even "committed" homosexual relationships display a fundamental incapacity for the faithfulness and commitment that is axiomatic to the institution of marriage.
We have the link to the article, as I provided it. You're just plagiarizing at this point. Are you just going to keep copying and pasting until the whole article is on here?

Old 07-13-2012, 10:53 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,136,161 times
St. Petersburg bans promotion of ‘gay lifestyles’

Old 07-13-2012, 10:54 PM

2,505 posts, read 2,329,359 times
Quote:
This was the OP and Ive yet to see anything from the pro gay with children group say anything at all that makes sense
Yes, I have read that book. It's pure Catholic agenda. They have no credible statistics to back up the claims the book makes.

17,842 posts, read 14,401,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
So - why did you speak?
Perhaps I need to change Lincoln's quote:

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and prove that maintaining your prejudice is far more important to you than the wellbeing and safety of children.

8,299 posts, read 8,616,886 times
Quote:
St. Petersburg bans promotion of ‘gay lifestyles’
So you think that we should be more like the Russians? How American of you!!!

Old 07-13-2012, 10:57 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,677,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Good enough. Gays have embraced each other and have tried to become accepted by society.

Great strides have been made to make an unhealthy and damaging ( chlamydia, AIDS ) lifestyle mainstream.

In other words gays have just beat down regular folks into saying - "Fine - be gay".

But nobody wants it in their neighborhood. Nobody wants it in their family. And if gay people cared enough about the rest of society - they would try to hide their abnormality.

This is the game. A real game.

Homosexuals and their supporters attempt to position themselves in such a way that they make their case from a standpoint of normalcy. It isn't getting traction. Gays are not going to be assimilated.

They are freaks in society and they should be aware of that.

As long as I live, I will fight against homosexuality. And you all need to have your heads examined.
My goodness, did you have quite a bad and crazy sexual experience with a homosexual?

Old 07-13-2012, 10:59 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,136,161 times
Research indicates that the average male homosexual has hundreds of sex partners in his lifetime:

Old 07-13-2012, 11:01 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,042,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raison_d'etre View Post
Do you not read the bible? "So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her." John 8:7. I'm not even a christian and I know that one. Are you saying you are without sin? Oh, righteous one...
No - I am guilty of sin. The definition of a Christian is one who has failed in God's eye's and recognized this - confessed their sins - and accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.

You can be sure that I know what my sins are - sir or maa'm.

The great thing is that my Lord died for them and they have no power over me now - just the same result were occur if you accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior.

Old 07-13-2012, 11:02 PM

30,398 posts, read 52,006,572 times
Quote:
even "committed" homosexual relationships display a fundamental incapacity for the faithfulness and commitment that is axiomatic to the institution of marriage.
Right... but heterosexuals are just SO good at remaining monogamous, LOL. Heck, more than 50% of them (us) can't even commit to staying married, let alone staying faithful. Until straight people can learn to respect the "institution of marriage" too, I really don't think we have any right to judge gay couples who want to commit legally.

Old 07-13-2012, 11:03 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,397,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Quantify this. (I know - you can't).
Of course I can, and have already. But I'll be happy to do it again:

Kids raised by gay parents may have the advantage of open-mindedness, tolerance and role models for equitable relationships, according to some research.

Kids raised by gay parents tend to have a more equitable division of labor in the home. Children seem to adjust better with this setup.

Children in lesbian homes tend to have higher self-esteem and confidence, do better academically and are less likely to have behavioral problems such as rule-breaking and aggression than children in straight famiies.

Gay parents, on average, enjoy significantly better relationships with their children than do heterosexual ones, and the kids in same-sex families exhibit no differences in the domains of cognitive development, psychological adjustment, and gender identity.

Children with gay parents are no more likely to suffer from gender confusion nor to identify themselves as gay. However, they do tend to be less conventional and more flexible when it comes to gender roles and assumptions than those raised in more traditional families.

I realize you just may consider that last one a negative. But that wouldn't be very sensible of you (then again, what is?)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.