Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 09:58 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,333,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvmycountry View Post
I could use your two examples ie: no sleep and rashes on your a$$ (were the dollar signs a clue) as to your type of work. Ok j/k but I have had many the same complaints from patients in the ER. LOL

Sorry it makes no sense and I do agree. Often times one symptom is in relation to another and they should be discussed together.

All I can say is I didn't make this up. I am thinking of taking a picture next time I go in but at this point in my career I work for the state and for lack of better job description I am the police for the hospitals and all patient care facilities. I could get in trouble doing that without just cause. Calif has some very unnecessary laws and regulations so no.....
Oh, I'm not doubting you. I do believe it. When I worked in palliative care in the US, I saw many things that didn't make much sense to me. This is just one of many.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2013, 10:48 AM

18,805 posts, read 8,481,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvmycountry View Post
I've told many patients who ask, find a real good primary who will look you in the eyes, actually touch the patient and listens to your every word. Of course I tell them but don't get off about what your aunt had made for dinner, or what the neighbor did. Keep it on topic.
Well, I let my assistant listen to every word, then I come and and listen to everything that relates to their medical complaints.

We used to care for a lovely Medicare patient, older lady who talked in stream of consciousness. It made it difficult to get a quick and pertinent history. But after a while we grew to love her, and as her rambling discussions were so amusing, I would leave the exam room door open for the staff to hear. Mostly social nonsense, not personal medical concerns. This lady simply would never stop if left to her own process! In fact if we weren't busy we'd see how far and long she'd go. 10 - 20 minutes easy!

All was well until one day she drove right through our front wall and into the waiting room of our office with her old Olds 98! Luckily no one was hurt. Funny she never talked about the accident after that!

Old 11-03-2013, 06:28 AM

884 posts, read 716,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Well, I let my assistant listen to every word, then I come and and listen to everything that relates to their medical complaints.

We used to care for a lovely Medicare patient, older lady who talked in stream of consciousness. It made it difficult to get a quick and pertinent history. But after a while we grew to love her, and as her rambling discussions were so amusing, I would leave the exam room door open for the staff to hear. Mostly social nonsense, not personal medical concerns. This lady simply would never stop if left to her own process! In fact if we weren't busy we'd see how far and long she'd go. 10 - 20 minutes easy!

All was well until one day she drove right through our front wall and into the waiting room of our office with her old Olds 98! Luckily no one was hurt. Funny she never talked about the accident after that!
That was a great story. I can see the faces of some elderly ladies I've met in my career who would fit your description well. Once you realize it doesn't hurt their feelings to leave the room and let them continue, you cant help but smile. That 20 minute must be a record!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies