Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2012, 11:32 PM

313 posts, read 354,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
How so?

Because... my primary care doctor is... booked, maybe?

If I need an appt for something, I have to wait months in advance.

The thing you fail to see (at least in most countries with socialized healthcare) is that anyone at anytime for any emergency can walk in and get treatment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2012, 12:00 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
They can here too. I still don't get your point.

Old 07-17-2012, 12:01 AM

2,548 posts, read 2,163,590 times
Only a fool woud believe that 8 out of 10 doctors are seriously thinking about quiting medicine, a real fool

Old 07-17-2012, 02:58 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,127,593 times
Actually the original article never mentions Obamacare. It also has responses to the polls from individuals who aren't even doctors.

Old 07-17-2012, 03:08 AM

3,437 posts, read 6,074,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceisforAce View Post
What difference does it make anyway? It still takes me months in advance to see a doctor before Obamacare.

You need to find a new doctor, I can get in to see MY doctor the next day if need be, and yes, he is part of a busy office and gives me all the attention I need.

Old 07-17-2012, 05:07 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvmycountry View Post
Do you remember this thread you started a while back?

I know EXACTLY why we are failing as a country...
We simply can't get along.

How do we expect our politicians to get along when we as citizens can't get along? We use these obscure titles of "Democrat" and "Republican" to place blame when really the blame is on all of us.

If we the people decided to band together and work at solving issues politicians would lose all the power they hold by dividing us. I don't care if your democrat or republican, how often do the politicians actually work in your best interest?

We have so much potential...

Yet you call people liar's . How old are you, 12. If calling a poster a LIAR is your debate tactics then perhaps you could head back to Jr.High.

And since you calling other posters a LIAR, then your post about wanting to "get along" IS A LIE. grow up.
The fact is that the thread topic is an assertion that has been completely discredited. Politifact and others have shown it not to be true.

But I have to laugh about the "getting along" comment that tries to impose balance -- as if one side's lie is equal to the other side's truth. It's as if the entire Republican caucus in the House passed a resolution stating that the Earth is flat, and Democrats voted against it. The media would report, "Republicans and Democrats disagree on shape of the planet."

Old 07-17-2012, 11:30 AM

2,546 posts, read 2,464,673 times
Quote:
No I don't misunderstand polling. Your the one making such a big issue out of it not me. A poll is what it is a sampling.
To you, I was only responding to your questions and your errors in understanding.That's hardly "making such a big issue out of it." I can quote you.

Quote:
So a poll of say 3K who respond out of 300 million isn't accure either because of low return rate and is invalid? Then why the hell doe they poll people on elections? Just wondering. AS for bias of the questions and organization behind the poll you have that in every poll too. Your trying to act as though this poll is worse than any other. lol
Quote:
No poll accurately represents any one group to begin with because everyone isn't polled. That is why it's called a poll.

Last edited by darkeconomist; 07-17-2012 at 11:33 AM.. Reason: quotes

Old 07-17-2012, 01:42 PM

884 posts, read 716,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Ummm?? Please explain how I'm lying?

Also, please explain how describing something that is NOT in an article is the same as stating an opinion??
Really? Obviously you didn't read the article did you? My main point to you was it is very insulting to call a person a liar when he or she

made a comment on the article itself. I understand that to many here the validity of the survey is under scrutiny.. My point was you didn't

read the article, because if you had, I really hope your accusations would not of happened. You have to remember that the 83% was of a

small sample of 669 doctors. There are approximately 650,00 doctors in the US.

As for the post I made on a thread started by you: "How do we expect our politicians to get along when we as citizens can't get along?"

In the thread you started you said: "If we the people decided to band together and work at solving issues politicians would lose all

the power they hold by dividing us." Either a) you didn't mean the statement "band together", or b) you are full of it. If calling people
liars is banding together, then I need to change my way of thinking. Wow.

Old 07-18-2012, 12:19 AM

875 posts, read 1,661,656 times
Good think I decided to be a Accountant...

Old 07-18-2012, 12:32 AM

3,045 posts, read 3,193,246 times
Quote:
The lines will be worse than the DMV when this is all said and done.

Eighty-three percent of American physicians have considered leaving their practices over President Barack Obama’s health care reform law, according to a survey released by the Doctor Patient Medical Association.
The DPMA, a non-partisan association of doctors and patients, surveyed a random selection of 699 doctors nationwide. The survey found that the majority have thought about bailing out of their careers over the legislation, which was upheld last month by the Supreme Court.
Even if doctors do not quit their jobs over the ruling, America will face a shortage of at least 90,000 doctors by 2020. The new health care law increases demand for physicians by expanding insurance coverage. This change will exacerbate the current shortage as more Americans live past 65.
By 2025 the shortage will balloon to over 130,000, Len Marquez, the director of government relations at the American Association of Medical Colleges, told The Daily Caller.

Read more: Report: 83 percent of doctors have considered quitting over Obamacare | The Daily Caller
So people should be pushed off healthcare to fix the doctor shortage?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies