Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 08:48 PM

18,802 posts, read 8,474,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvmycountry View Post
Also the MD with practice now sees over 70 patients a day at 15 minute intervals just to keep overhead paid. Then must make sure every single chart is filled out correctly, make sure every I is doted and T crossed or insurance will not pay. Then the Md cant pay the staff and he has to cut the time he is seeing patients to make sure. My own physician has a sign now in the patient room that the office has to ask the patient to please only discuss one disease process per visit that the staff can give the best care possible. Look it up, it is the trend to help stay afloat.
Wow, That's some overhead there! Your doc has to see 4 or 5 X the number of patients I need to see daily just to pay the bills. While he or she works twice as long a day as I!

And one complaint per visit? Sheesh!
I think my patients get a better deal, as I make no specific limits on time or questions they may want to ask.

I thought I'd seen/heard it all. Guess not!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2013, 12:18 AM

884 posts, read 716,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Wow, That's some overhead there! Your doc has to see 4 or 5 X the number of patients I need to see daily just to pay the bills. While he or she works twice as long a day as I!

And one complaint per visit? Sheesh!
I think my patients get a better deal, as I make no specific limits on time or questions they may want to ask.

I thought I'd seen/heard it all. Guess not!
As you posted in your comments of 4x5 times the number I do see in my note that it is 4 doctors in the group. That is where the numbers come from. I do realize 1 doctor 70 to 80 pts a day would be a stretch for anyone. Each doctor does attempt 4 pts per hour. Yes the sign is in the room for one complaint per visit. If you are a physician and I guess I could be like some loving posters and say ok for the sake of argument, you are a doctor show me proof and I will give you the name of the group here in Calif. Hec, then you could look them up and call them to verify. Seems your easy going practice could use some excitement eh. Take the challenge with me I dare you. Keep in mind I will post all of our discoveries. Please do.

Old 11-01-2013, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
You are very correct. Reality is something the progs never look at. They just look at what THEY think reality should be even though they aren't anywhere near it living in DC or whetever mansions these folks own. These "prog" elite are the evil rich they complain about to boot and the followers don't even understand that. Pure insanity on display with these folks.

Bingo! Give the man a prize!

Old 11-01-2013, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud2beAMom View Post
What you said here is very interesting. While we may not agree on a lot of things, I do like some of what you said.

But perhaps I can elaborate on "government having the answer".

See, I think Government CAN be the solution to many things. At least I look to government to protect our society. That is when government is actually WORKING as it should.

I don't think the problem is with governance . The issues come to play when money corrupts the government so that policies are influenced NOT on what's best for the nation and its people, but what is best for the special interests that put the money in politicians coffers.

While I can agree that politicians on BOTH sides are guilty I do feel one party works a little more for the average American than the other. And, I believe that Jon Stewart said it best when he referred to republicans (particularly the tea party) "breaking" government, then standing their and saying "see government doesn't work".

Unfortunately the Supreme Court Decision with regard to campaign financing doesn't help the situation and has made it worse.

Our government needs to be returned to the people and NOT constantly be handed to the corporations with the deepest pockets. Governing is not broken.. but our government currently is. The ONLY way we will ever fix it is if we fight hard to get Government to DO the things that IS in the best interest of the 98% of us.
I do like some of your posts. I think our Gvt is very corrupt. The Lobbyists, big corps etc are who run this country. I watch elections and these young politicians who promise to change DC and for the people yada yada. Well after say sophomore year they sing a new song. Here in California our two senators have been here longer that the gold rush. And they are as corrupt as they get. Term limits on the House and Senate would be a great start.

Old 11-01-2013, 02:56 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
The lines will be worse than the DMV when this is all said and done.

Eighty-three percent of American physicians have considered leaving their practices over President Barack Obama’s health care reform law, according to a survey released by the Doctor Patient Medical Association.
The DPMA, a non-partisan association of doctors and patients, surveyed a random selection of 699 doctors nationwide. The survey found that the majority have thought about bailing out of their careers over the legislation, which was upheld last month by the Supreme Court.
Even if doctors do not quit their jobs over the ruling, America will face a shortage of at least 90,000 doctors by 2020. The new health care law increases demand for physicians by expanding insurance coverage. This change will exacerbate the current shortage as more Americans live past 65.
By 2025 the shortage will balloon to over 130,000, Len Marquez, the director of government relations at the American Association of Medical Colleges, told The Daily Caller.

Read more: Report: 83 percent of doctors have considered quitting over Obamacare | The Daily Caller
Then they realized they had to gas up the Yacht...

Old 11-01-2013, 02:59 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,327,358 times
Quote:
As you posted in your comments of 4x5 times the number I do see in my note that it is 4 doctors in the group. That is where the numbers come from. I do realize 1 doctor 70 to 80 pts a day would be a stretch for anyone. Each doctor does attempt 4 pts per hour. Yes the sign is in the room for one complaint per visit. If you are a physician and I guess I could be like some loving posters and say ok for the sake of argument, you are a doctor show me proof and I will give you the name of the group here in Calif. Hec, then you could look them up and call them to verify. Seems your easy going practice could use some excitement eh. Take the challenge with me I dare you. Keep in mind I will post all of our discoveries. Please do.
One complaint per visit? What does that mean?
You can say "It's too cold in here" or "You could use a breath mint", but not both?

Old 11-01-2013, 03:22 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,912,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchNsniff View Post
Here is the question that 83% of doctors responded to be against Obamacare:
How do current changes in the medical system affect your desire to practice medicine?
I'm re-energized - 4.6%
Makes me think about quitting - 82.6%
Unsure/no opinion - 12.8%
When you give a question with limited answer choices you can skew it to whatever agenda you are trying to promote.
Congratulations! Today you have learned that polling does nothing but cater to confirmation bias. Enjoy every day moving forward where you will never reference or put faith into any poll ever again.

Old 11-01-2013, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
One complaint per visit? What does that mean?
You can say "It's too cold in here" or "You could use a breath mint", but not both?
It means the doctor will listen to your complaint about your diabetes but you will have to make another appointment to discuss and treat your high blood pressure.
'
I am not making this up either.

Old 11-01-2013, 09:41 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,327,358 times
Quote:
It means the doctor will listen to your complaint about your diabetes but you will have to make another appointment to discuss and treat your high blood pressure.
'
Get OUT!!!

So if I go in because I'm having trouble sleeping, I can't show him the rash on my a$$?
That's ridiculous! I'd have to go in twice so he can get paid twice?
I'm sorry, but that makes no sense to me.

Old 11-01-2013, 09:54 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
Quote:
'
Quite true.
I left the one practice I had been going to after it was absorbed into a group and while I forget now what I originally went for I did say "And while I'm here what do you think about.......(some other small thing)" and she said "I can't address that at this appointment. That's not what you made the appointment about".
She was under the rules of that medical group.....get 'em in and get 'em out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies