Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 02:06 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,162,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Voting for a person you're very disappointed in.

Choices... Plenty of conservatives are pretty disappointed in Romney, but biting the bullet and voting for him.

I'd rather vote for someone who was a slight disappointment, than someone who is vowing to take away my health insurance...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2012, 02:28 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,033,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Choices... Plenty of conservatives are pretty disappointed in Romney, but biting the bullet and voting for him.

I'd rather vote for someone who was a slight disappointment, than someone who is vowing to take away my health insurance...
Well here is a thought. If both Obama and Romney disappoint you so much why vote for either of them. Do a little research and find someone you like and write them in. Just think if all the people who are disappointed with both candidates wrote someone else in. We might have a whole different outcome in the election. And the remaining scumbags who managed to keep there jobs just might wake up and realize the people are tired of there crap.

Most things in life are just plain common sense when you sit back for a moment and think about it. People need to quit listening to everyone else or just following along with the herd. Everyone needs to quit trying to be someone their not and just be themselves. It will make your life much easier and a whole lot more fun.

Old 07-11-2012, 02:30 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,361,725 times
Quote:
Unwillingness to compromise...
Financial Brinksmanship...
Not supporting cuts in the military...
Denying science and manipulating others in to doing so...
Not assisting in the progression of equal rights for gays and lesbians...
Encouragement of religion in the public arena...

I can go on...

Economically I've done great under Obama... although I think a President has little to do with economic and employment cycles...

I'm not sure that thinking Obama is horrifying because of some vague threat to a "way of life" is equivalent.
Interesting.....

Quote:
Unwillingness to compromise...
Obama to GOP: 'I won'

Obama to GOP: 'I won' - Jonathan Martin and Carol E. Lee - POLITICO.com

Passing Obamacare through reconciliation was also a great compromise.

Quote:
Financial Brinksmanship...
“The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure"
Sen. B. Hussein Obama 3/2006

Quote:
Not supporting cuts in the military...
There also seems to be a more serious level of engagement between Democrats and Republicans on how to avoid the $1.2 trillion in across-the-board cuts over 10 years

The cuts no one believes will come - Scott Wong and Stephanie Gaskell - POLITICO.com

Quote:
Denying science and manipulating others in to doing so...
If you can give specific examples to show that this isn't just another asinine lefty talking point I'll be happy to debate.

Quote:
Not assisting in the progression of equal rights for gays and lesbians.
Frankly considering the state of the economy I could not possibly care less about this non-issue.

Quote:
Encouragement of religion in the public arena...
Santorum? That's old news so this "concern" of yours is yet another empty left wing talking point.

Old 07-11-2012, 02:45 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,315,606 times
Quote:

How does revoking the ACA take away your health insurance? Do you have a group policy?

Old 07-11-2012, 04:31 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,331,524 times
Quote:

Taking away his health insurance is one huge reason my son refuses to even think about Obama. He already knows that his employer wiill drop their employee insurance if that law stays in effect since it will be cheaper for them to pay the "tax" "fine" than continue paying for their employees. They like their policy but will lose it if Obamacare remains in effect. I wonder how many million people will see that happen.

I love to see Obama talk about helping the middle class and then forcing small businesses to drop their programs with the rules of Obamacare. Another of his major lies sticking out there.

Old 07-11-2012, 04:38 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,331,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
"In the wake of the Supreme Court decision to uphold Obamacare, more than two-thirds of Americans believe the country has changed significantly under President Obama, but a majority believe it’s not for the better. That negative perception extends to even a significant chunk of voters in the president's own party, according to a new poll out Tuesday. According to the new survey from the Hill, 1 in 5 self-identified Democrats said that the country has changed for the worse during the Obama administration...An overwhelming majority of voters—89 percent—believe that the outcome from the ballot box this November will have long-term implications for the United States."

Hill Poll: Majority think Obama changed country for worse

I'm wondering if those 1 in 5 Democrats are the ones not making donations.
I wonder what happened to your topic. I didn't see it discussed from the beginning but then I do believe that those in here haven't opened your link, as usual.

Old 07-11-2012, 04:42 PM

13,813 posts, read 28,541,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
Well here is a thought. If both Obama and Romney disappoint you so much why vote for either of them. Do a little research and find someone you like and write them in. Just think if all the people who are disappointed with both candidates wrote someone else in. We might have a whole different outcome in the election. And the remaining scumbags who managed to keep there jobs just might wake up and realize the people are tired of there crap.

Most things in life are just plain common sense when you sit back for a moment and think about it. People need to quit listening to everyone else or just following along with the herd. Everyone needs to quit trying to be someone their not and just be themselves. It will make your life much easier and a whole lot more fun.
I did just that in the last election, and wrote in 'Hillary Clinton'.

Look what that got me.

Old 07-11-2012, 04:47 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,033,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
I did just that in the last election, and wrote in 'Hillary Clinton'.

Look what that got me.
At least you voted for who YOU wanted and still have your pride. And nobody can blame you for contributing to the mess this country is in.

Old 07-11-2012, 06:01 PM

3,457 posts, read 4,660,448 times
What kind of hope or inspiration does Obama provide for anyone right now? I mean, this country is far worse off then it was 4 years ago andmainly due to Democratic policies.

Romney is a candidate who has turned business after business around. he has successfully ran and organized the Olympic games. We elected Obama who had zero experience. His nickname is "The Amateur" for a very good reason too. We need to elect someone who can turn this country around and make it prosperous again, reduce government spending, reduce government control and making this nation run well again so that business can succeed and employ people, who in turn have the opportunity to succeed.

How any one could vote for Obama rigth now after the last 3.5 years is just mind-boggling to me.

Old 07-11-2012, 06:06 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,608,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Voting for a person you're very disappointed in.

Nice work!
As opposed to those who hold their nose and vote for romney.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies