Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 11:59 AM

6,084 posts, read 6,053,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The problem isn't Republicans or their message of smaller government.

The problem is that the voting public will not tolerate any politician who tells them they cannot loot the treasury.

As we proceed toward financial ruin, you'll hear voices warning against our reckless actions but it won't matter.

The genie is out of the bottle.

Democrats and RINO Republicans buy votes with stolen money and with that ability they will continue returning to DC until they finish destroying the nation.
To keep on topic, just who are these voices and what messages are are they trying to bring to the public?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2012, 02:59 PM

37,960 posts, read 17,902,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvande55 View Post
In the early days, the black vote did go Republican. It drifted over to the Dems but that was cemented with the Civil Rights Act. Unless the candidate wears a white sheet over his head while campaigning, the Democratic candidate will win the black vote.
The recently departed Senator Byrd (D) of West Virginia was a Klansman.

Old 07-17-2012, 03:50 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,077,722 times
I never understand why this topic ever comes up. blacks vote democrat. That is no different than the NRA voting republican or some other group voting a certain way. Each party benefits certain groups. That is the way its has been and always will be.

Old 07-17-2012, 03:54 PM

4,278 posts, read 5,183,689 times
It is odd to see how Black America votes for the Democrats despite how they are treated by them. Obama did not even bother to go to the NAACP meeting, but had time to go to Hollywood and suck up big money from them. I would have to question the ability of Black America to understand how their status in the Democratic party really shakes out.

Old 07-17-2012, 04:07 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,077,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by totsuka View Post
It is odd to see how Black America votes for the Democrats despite how they are treated by them. Obama did not even bother to go to the NAACP meeting, but had time to go to Hollywood and suck up big money from them. I would have to question the ability of Black America to understand how their status in the Democratic party really shakes out.
Like I always say, it's voting for the lesser of two evils. I would be scared to know where african americans would be if they supported republicans. We'd all probably still be picking cotton and being housemaids.

Old 07-17-2012, 04:15 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,384,118 times
MHP in her intro says that 21 pct of blacks are employed in a public sector job. Great, but what about the 79% who are not. If you are one of the 21 pct, of course you want high taxes, high wage, high benefit make-work jobs, and continued ballooning of the public sector.

If you are one of the 79% who either has a private sector job, and has to carry the load on their backs, or one of those who has NO job, you may not be so enthused about MHP's thoughts. In fact even among the 21 pct, there are those who realize that they do not want to bequeath a Greek-style state to their kids and grandkids.

Old 07-17-2012, 04:20 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,384,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
Like I always say, it's voting for the lesser of two evils. I would be scared to know where african americans would be if they supported republicans. We'd all probably still be picking cotton and being housemaids.

keep thinking those paranoid delusional liberal hallucinatory thoughts. It'll make it that much easier for Republicans and conservatives to win elections.

Old 07-17-2012, 04:26 PM

33,588 posts, read 18,202,736 times
Blacks voting democrat is voting for ones who upheld slavery in history.. no denying that fact..and still do but with freebees. Ya know..using blacks ,, got to vote my interest. Kind of sick..

Old 07-17-2012, 04:39 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,377,477 times
Default One Big Reason Blacks Aren't Voting Republican

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
What I get from this is that the republican view of wanting smaller gov't by reducing gov't jobs is viewed as a threat to the livelihood of the black middle class. So you're not going to get many blacks voting republican or joining the tea party.

Blacks & Public Sector Job Cuts - YouTube
The answer to the OP is a picture of a black man. That is ALL that matters.

Old 07-18-2012, 05:36 AM

10,125 posts, read 14,000,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
MHP in her intro says that 21 pct of blacks are employed in a public sector job. Great, but what about the 79% who are not. If you are one of the 21 pct, of course you want high taxes, high wage, high benefit make-work jobs, and continued ballooning of the public sector.

If you are one of the 79% who either has a private sector job, and has to carry the load on their backs, or one of those who has NO job, you may not be so enthused about MHP's thoughts. In fact even among the 21 pct, there are those who realize that they do not want to bequeath a Greek-style state to their kids and grandkids.
Great point, I was thinking the same thing. I think what she was trying to infer is that public sector jobs equal high paying jobs, which isn't always true. The assumptions she was trying to make in her argument has so many holes in it. Just a poorly constructed argument.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies