Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 07:42 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,253,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
If at first you don't succeed, deflect deflect deflect.

Changing the topic is on old trick. It only works on children.

These teabaggers are hypocrites.
And so are you. You condemn one party but ignore your own for doing the same thing. Man up and hold your own equally accountable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2012, 07:42 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,776,620 times
I'm still not understanding how 7 cars for 100k is a bad deal.
Guess I just don't get it.

I don't like "company" cars for personal use anyway, no matter what. I don't agree with someone driving to and from work on my dime. Just my personal opinion. I think once someone gets to their work location on their own and needs to go to another location, either there should be a car available or mileage reimbursement. But cars for individuals? Just for that person to use? No.

That said, that many cars for that price is a steal. If we HAVE to provide them then they were frugal.

Yes 1k per month is a lot, but the aggregate for all 7 is great.

Old 07-17-2012, 08:00 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,435,179 times
Quote:
Gas reimbursement = $25,000? Man, that's a whole lot of driving
The IRS rate is $.50 cents a mile. Don't know how much they drive, but there is more than just gas.

Give everyone a cheap econo box car.

Old 07-17-2012, 08:07 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,699,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Yes, but I'm sure you're pro-life, ehhh. So I better have that baby, even if I can't afford it. And yes, the baby should suffer as a result whatever the parent does..Dude, get a grip. Your blind ideology is a waste of time.
If you aren't smart enough to figure out you can't afford it ahead of time, you might be a liberal.

Old 07-17-2012, 08:10 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,253,786 times
Quote:
Yes, but I'm sure you're pro-life, ehhh. So I better have that baby, even if I can't afford it. And yes, the baby should suffer as a result whatever the parent does..Dude, get a grip. Your blind ideology is a waste of time.
Or you come up with the $350 to $800 for an abortion out of your own pocket. Next time wear a condom.

Old 07-17-2012, 09:05 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,623,644 times
So Tea Party freshmen lease 7 seven work cars for about what Michelle Obama spends on clothes in a month. And they're the fiscally irresponsible ones?

Old 07-17-2012, 01:03 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,845,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Here is the actual report. I'm sure savior read all 1000 pages to ensure there was no hypocrisy before he came charging in with his thread about the evil tea party folks buying Lamborghini's on the taxpayer dime. LOL

http://disbursements.house.gov/2012q1/2012q1_vol2.pdf
I didn't read all the way thru either but there are alot of extra expences for all not just the Tea Party candidates. What I would like to know is were the automobiles for just 1 person of for his/her staff?

Old 07-17-2012, 01:15 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,845,000 times
Quote:

How about keep it inyour pants then there would be no pregnancy.

Old 07-17-2012, 01:37 PM

2,010 posts, read 3,464,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
We should end that practice. Assign them all a Ford Fiesta or the Chevy equivalent.
I don't think they should be assigned anything at all. However to the extent that they use a private vehicle for official service, they should be eligible to be reimbursed on a mileage basis determined by AAA's annual calculations. I don't think tax payer dollars should ever be used to pay for a private lease.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Well they could have spent more sounds more like they were being frugal rather than buy say a cadillac escalade running around $45,000. I mean that is pretty cheap compared to Nancy Pelosi's weekly trips to San Francisco on the taxpayers.

Why not show all expendetures for all of congress and lets make real comparrisons.
Most Congressmen/women go back to their districts every week. Most work from their district offices on Monday and Friday, and when Congress is not in session. It's a little peculiar criticizing someone for spending time in the district they represent.

Also, Congressional expenditures are all publicly disclosed on a quarterly basis. The link to them was right in the article.

Old 07-17-2012, 01:40 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,085,360 times
Quote:
It aint a tea party if you aint got some bling, courtesy of the tax payers of course.

Seven Tea Party Freshmen Spent More Than $100,000 In Taxpayer Money On Personal Cars | ThinkProgress
So what? It's perfectly legal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies