Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 09:39 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Mr. Communist, the government is a parasite to the American free market. Where do you think government money comes from? The US Government does not generate wealth. The American people and private enterprise generates wealth, some of which is passed to the federal government via taxes. American industry were paying taxes to the federal government long before these great interstates, massive bridges, plumbing, utilities, and even government run schools existed. If anything, the federal government should realize they would be nothing without the American people and it's private industry.
Your just so blinded by right wing brainwashing. Countries that have 3x or 4x bigger governments than we do in relation to their GDP are happier, less corrupt, higher standard of living, more press freedoms, etc.

What do you do for a living? You said you work on boilers? You likely got that from your military experience.

You don't think countries that train their young adults in trades get a benefit from that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2012, 09:40 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
sorry, post was edited
Then you should have it deleted, unless, you think all of us small business owners started with the help of Uncle Sam.........I don't think so!!

Old 07-17-2012, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Then you should have it deleted, unless, you think all of us small business owners started with the help of Uncle Sam.........I don't think so!!
NOBODY IS CLAIMING THAT.

Not even the demon spawn Obama!....LOL

You're a victim of right wing propaganda, trying to twist, what a politicians says, to benefit another politician.

I'm sure it's got you really worked up....LOL

Think for yourself!

Old 07-17-2012, 09:50 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,534,474 times
Quote:
Your just so blinded by right wing brainwashing. Countries that have 3x or 4x bigger governments than we do in relation to their GDP are happier, less corrupt, higher standard of living, more press freedoms, etc.

What do you do for a living? You said you work on boilers? You likely got that from your military experience.

You don't think countries that train their young adults in trades get a benefit from that?
I'm an employee, not a business owner or one who founded a business. As to my training, having a strong national defense is one of the principle responsibilities of the Federal Government. I learned my skills through serving in the US Navy. Conservatives recognize that national defense is a necessary expense for federal government. Funny you praise the government giving me job skills when it's liberals who want to cut funding to the US Military which gave me those skills.

Old 07-17-2012, 09:54 PM

Quote:
I'm an employee, not a business owner or one who founded a business. As to my training, having a strong national defense is one of the principle responsibilities of the Federal Government. I learned my skills through serving in the US Navy. Conservatives recognize that national defense is a necessary expense for federal government. Funny you praise the government giving me job skills when it's liberals who want to cut funding to the US Military which gave me those skills.
Yes I do want to cut the military, and move that same amount of spending to here in the US "only."

Not sailing around the World, thinking how macho we are, burning Billions in fuel.

Where it would benefit people more directly, and in areas more attuned to business, than the skills taught in the military.

I'll cop to that in a heartbeat.

Old 07-17-2012, 09:56 PM

5,068 posts, read 10,133,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnepler View Post
Obama is just trying to help people understand the Chicago style of corrupt government. You didn't build that business, so we're going to extort you until you pay us. If not we'll destroy or murder you.
Yeah, I want to know how Obama's extortion business helps entrepreneurs...

I'll be glad to see the guy gone.

Old 07-17-2012, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Yes. You're an employee like me.

But in your case, you think that's a character flaw.

You worship the rich. You think we're not as good persons has they are. Less worthy.

You call them "job creators" now like GOP spin doctors taught you to over the last few years when they made up that term to scam you.

Old 07-17-2012, 10:02 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Read what the President said, for yourself. Don't rely on extremist-sponsored blogs. If you disagree with the President said than I think your values may be different, less than the rest of most of the nation. The Howard Johnson's success story, for as long as it lasted, was possible because of what the President described.
Clearly you've never owned a business. Just like the President. The same guy you worship. Two peas in a pod. Embarrassing.

Old 07-17-2012, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
The government was one of the biggest obstacles to starting my business.
Amen brother!

Old 07-17-2012, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Howard Johnson hotels.

That thrived when the Federal government invested heavily the Highway interstate system back in the 1950's.

What nerve these right wing, greedy misers have.
Sorry, don't you mean TAXPAYERS including Howard Johnson "invested heavily" in the interstate system?

Yes, that's what you mean. But I won't hold my breath waiting for you to come forth and clarify.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies