Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 09:59 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,715,346 times

Advertisements

Priorities.

Within hours Barack Obama ordered flags to be flown at half mast yesterday following the horrible theater shootings in Aurora, Colorado. But when 14 military men and women were murdered by a fundamentalist Islamist at Fort Hood Obama had to be pressured to lower flags.

Maggies Notebook reported, via Free Republic:

When 14 persons (one unborn), most of them military personnel on the base at Ft. Hood, Texas, were murdered by Islamic terrorist and U.S. Military Colonel Nidal Hasan, America’s flags were not lowered to half mast until the next day. Today, by at least 2:30 pm EDT, the order came down from on high to lower our flags in a sign of mourning for the victims of today’s shootings inside an Aurora Colorado movie theatre showing the much awaited Batman: The Dark Knight Rises…

…In the case of Ft. Hood, Obama had to be bullied into the national gesture of mourning by Texas patriot, Anita Ross
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2012, 10:00 AM

45,225 posts, read 26,437,203 times
most ironic considering his own body count as prez (and yet the well trained masses will ignore this fact)

he should have a cell next to Holmes

Old 07-22-2012, 10:11 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,193,381 times
Whine thread of the day....

Old 07-22-2012, 10:19 AM

99 posts, read 68,117 times
/thread

Half-Staff | The White House

THE PRESIDENT: Good morning. I want to begin by offering an update on the tragedy that took place yesterday at Fort Hood.

This morning I met with FBI Director Mueller and the relevant agencies to discuss their ongoing investigation into what caused one individual to turn his gun on fellow servicemen and women. We don't know all the answers yet and I would caution against jumping to conclusions until we have all the facts.

What we do know is that there are families, friends and an entire nation grieving right now for the valiant men and women who came under attack yesterday in one of the worst mass shootings ever to take place on an American military base. So from now until Veterans Day I've ordered the flags at the White House and other federal buildings to be flown at half-staff.

Old 07-22-2012, 10:23 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,550,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings_Hockey View Post
/thread

Half-Staff | The White House

THE PRESIDENT: Good morning. I want to begin by offering an update on the tragedy that took place yesterday at Fort Hood.

This morning I met with FBI Director Mueller and the relevant agencies to discuss their ongoing investigation into what caused one individual to turn his gun on fellow servicemen and women. We don't know all the answers yet and I would caution against jumping to conclusions until we have all the facts.

What we do know is that there are families, friends and an entire nation grieving right now for the valiant men and women who came under attack yesterday in one of the worst mass shootings ever to take place on an American military base. So from now until Veterans Day I've ordered the flags at the White House and other federal buildings to be flown at half-staff.

Doesn't look like he was pressured at all. Good find.

Old 07-22-2012, 10:24 AM

4,991 posts, read 4,504,794 times

Old 07-22-2012, 10:33 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,935,420 times
I'll give credit where it is due.... He got this right... They should be at half staff...I have now given him credit twice. Once for the Bin Laden killing and now this..... That is the extent of his accomplishments during the tenure of his stay in the white house.

Old 07-22-2012, 10:37 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
Obama should lower his head to half mast for what he has done to this country. Look at Chicago, the city he calls home. Now he pretends to care what happened in colorado. The man bears no shame.

Old 07-22-2012, 10:40 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,715,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Doesn't look like he was pressured at all. Good find.

Anita received a call from someone at the White House around 10:30 AM Friday morning…”Are you the Mrs. Ross who called about the flags?”

She replied, “Yes.”

“Well, the President has ordered the flags flown at half mast…we just wanted to let you know. WE NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT IT…THANK YOU FOR MAKING US AWARE OF IT!”

Obama didn't speak until 1:54 PM

Old 07-22-2012, 11:43 AM

99 posts, read 68,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Obama should lower his head to half mast for what he has done to this country. Look at Chicago, the city he calls home. Now he pretends to care what happened in colorado. The man bears no shame.
wow! talk about off topic trollness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies