Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 03:13 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times

Advertisements

I remember back in the nineties I worked at principal fin grp and we had to sit through a week long diversity program they were forced to put on by uncle sam or they would lose some tax cuts or whatever it was. Told us how we all had to sit in a room with people from all regions and countries and on and on and how this could offend one and that could offend another and we all should just be happy little workers. The only thing everybody from all regions and countries agreed on was what a load of crappola they were shoveling our way. It has only gotten worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2012, 03:16 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,098,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
In my experience people who hate diversity are lacking in many ways and cant stand to compete because they dont measure up. They usually feel that by eliminating a race they at least wont have to compete with the top or bottom of that race.
If you used logic and rational thought, you would be able to deduce that those who praise "diversity" actual ruin diverse peoples, cultures, and languages.

People who embrace the contemporary liberal form of diversity are those who cannot fix their own lands, so they flock to 1st world nations who have already achieved stability and economic success, meanwhile their native lands are economically and culturally exploited by those same 1st world nations. A generation or two down the line, their indigenous language is replaced with French, English, Spanish, etc. and their ancient way of life/culture is replaced with materialism/consumerism, which the merchants love. Just another group of sheeple to exploit.

Old 07-25-2012, 03:19 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I agree with this though. In these global tyrannical PC times best to keep your mouth shut.
There's a reason I put "mouth" in quotes, because you can SAY whatever you want and it's unlikely anyone will even know... but it's pretty stupid to post something like that on Twitter, FB, etc, especially right before you're going to represent your country at the Olympics. Stupid is as stupid does, I suppose.

Old 07-25-2012, 03:21 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,532,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
If you used logic and rational thought, you would be able to deduce that those who praise "diversity" actual ruin diverse peoples, cultures, and languages.

People who embrace the contemporary liberal form of diversity are those who cannot fix their own lands, so they flock to 1st world nations who have already achieved stability and economic success, meanwhile their native lands are economically and culturally exploited by those same 1st world nations. A generation or two down the line, their indigenous language is replaced with French, English, Spanish, etc. and their ancient way of life/culture is replaced with materialism/consumerism, which the merchants love. Just another group of sheeple to exploit.
My ancestors never flocked here. They were abducted by Africans and sold here. We built this 1st world Nation but of coarse we will never be giving any credit or benefit from the great wealth created that is still here. So maybe you should post this to someone else.

Old 07-25-2012, 03:21 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,995,315 times
It's ridiculous that they would ban her from the Olympics for basically stating a truth on her personal twitter account. She could have medalled for them and bring in some much-needed money to Greece. really stupid on Greece's part....

Old 07-25-2012, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
What does XENOPHOBIA mean? Having heard the word before...it is a still a mystery to me. Is it a new made up word?
The word xenophobia is actually in the Hebrew Bible, but I'm not surprised you wouldn't know that... it means "an unreasonable fear or hatred of foreigners or strangers or of that which is foreign or strange."

Quote:
The comment by the Greek is actually pretty funny...does that make me a criminal or something?
No, and it doesn't really make her a criminal either (unless Greece has anti-racism laws like France?) - but it does make you somewhat childish, and it makes her dumb for posting such a comment on a public "venue."

Quote:
Twitter is a toy...why would anything on twitter be taken as having relevance?
When you post something on Twitter, where MILLIONS of people can/will read it, you deserve whatever backlash results. If she wanted to say this stuff without any feedback, she should have just said it to her friends or something. Her choice, but she can't blame anyone else for what happens as a result... as the conservatives here love to say, whatever happened to personal responsibility?

Quote:
What's wrong with a Greek insinuating that there are too many AFRICANS in Greece? Maybe the guy does not like the change in demographics...so if you say "I don't like that" - they ruin your life? That used to be called fascism.
She's (not a guy) an Olympic Athlete from Greece, and the rules are clearly different for her than for you & me. Not our call, and maybe she'll think before tweeting next time... stupid site anyway, IMO.

Old 07-25-2012, 03:27 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,475,445 times
This just goes to show you athletes and twitter do not mix. Do you know how many athletes, celebrities, and politicians (of all races) have shot their careers in the foot over saying stupids things about their personal views?

Also, most Olympic athletes know they are representing their countries and are usually on their best behavior for not saying stupid sh*t.

Regardless of what you think as to whether or not the statement is racist, it was still a stupid statement.

And no, it shouldn't be compare to the black panther fist pump for obvious reasons. However, both were punished with bringing their views (one right, one stupid) to the Olympics.

Old 07-25-2012, 03:27 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,098,300 times
Quote:
My ancestors never flocked here. They were abducted by Africans and sold here. We built this 1st world Nation but of coarse we will never be giving any credit or benefit from the great wealth created that is still here. So maybe you should post this to someone else.
What are you talking about?

Where did I ever state one word about "African-Americans". Your emotion based logic is irrational and illogical.

Africans have been in America basically as long as Europeans. Their neighborhoods are basically segregated and there are 40 million of y'all and hundreds of millions of European Americans. There is no risk of cultural/ethnic genocide in America. America is huge and consists of 350 million plus people.

Greece, a small country consisting of 10-11 million, so yes "diversity" is a threat to their national identity.

I would appreciate if you would stop putting words in my mouth, it makes you seem unintelligent and incoherent.

Old 07-25-2012, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
Mention any post where i applauded nazi behavior. I simply support the right of a people to maintain their culture/ethnic heritage. Nowhere on this forum have I ever supported or endorsed violence, you are attempting to "poison the well" by comparing my post to Hitler. Then again, that's expected from Marxists who cannot address the issues, instead they resort to ad hominem attacks.

By the way, my mother is a Berg, so your insinuation that I am anti-semitic is even more ludicrous. By the way, what is up with your people deporting thousands of African migrants and your Israeli politicians speaking of national identity and loss of culture? If you are familiar with current events and politics in Israel you are a first class hypocrite for bashing Golden Dawn.
I never called you an anti-Semite, I only said your post was reminiscent of racism/neo-Nazism. And I don't care who your mother is, as I've met my share of self-hating Jews over the years! Furthermore, I was only kidding about moving to Israel - I'm not even a Zionist, so addressing those questions to me is somewhat insulting. Oh, and I don't even know what Marxism really is, let alone would I fall under that category. But if you want to give me slack for "ad hominem attacks," it might help to refrain from them yourself.

P.S. Why can't somebody maintain their cultural identity among diversity? I've managed to maintain mine, even being in the extreme minority here in the USA.

Old 07-25-2012, 03:29 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,475,445 times
Quote:
Well despite his erroneous thought process, the notion that "my ancestors built this country, its mine" could never be applied to the USA. Basically everyone here has ancestors that built it. A city on a hill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies